Mavic Mini Aircraft Orientation Samsung S8 and S9
2255 3 2020-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
manx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 79324 ft
Isle of Man

Holding my S8 or S9 anywhere near the Mavic Mini controller causing the compass to read false readings. Because of this, the aircraft orientation indicator at the bottom of the DJI Fly app will not correctly indicate where the Mini is located.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6g_3KyUekx8

1.0.4 and latest firmware, though existed with previous versions too.
2020-1-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this concern. I would recommend to please calibrate the compass of the drone and please unfold the antenna to isolate the issue. If issue still persists, please provide a short video of the said issue, while the drone, remote and the phone are connected. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-1-2
Use props
djiuser_jqJivNGu8HSn
lvl.1
Germany

Hi. I have the same problem with my S8. Before starting the drone I had calibrated the compass and also unfolded the antenna. Is the sequence of this actions impotant?
2020-1-3
Use props
manx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 79324 ft
Isle of Man

The controller and phone design means it's ultimately a hardware problem. You need to do *#0*# > Sensors > Spin your phone around and put upside down to recalibrate. Then it works, but also means when you disconnected, you compass is then wrong.

It's a design fault, and DJI won't take responsibility.
2020-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules