DJI Fly App Crashing on Samsung S10 using Android OS 10
9714 24 2020-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Juan Carlos Mercado
lvl.1
Flight distance : 149908 ft
Mexico

DJI Fly App has been crashing every time I try to open it, since the december 31st update. I have a Samsung S10 using recently updated Android OS 10. When I first got the Mavic Mini I had to reset my phone to factory setting after a few days of trying to use the App . . . It finally worked, but only for like a week and a half. Then the update happened and just cant open it without it crashing uppon startup. I need to know if the issue is being addressed and if they have an estimated time of resolution for this problem.

2020-1-2
Use props
Juan Carlos Mercado
lvl.1
Flight distance : 149908 ft
Mexico

2020-1-2
Use props
Dj fortu ru
New

Russia

This is a problem for all owners of the European version of Samsung. Since the update only happened at 1.004, I’m afraid until the Chinese New Year
2020-1-2
Use props
djiuser_DXxJc4rLSiRi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1634 ft
United Kingdom

Seriously when are dji going to sort this
2020-1-3
Use props
Dj fortu ru
New

Russia

The worst thing is that dealers are not at all in the subject and continue to rub that everything is ok
and the app’s score goes down

2020-1-3
Use props
djiuser_WxEkGrQwgfav
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17549 ft
Brazil

The same is hapennig  with me. I am a S10+ owner with the latest Android 10 update and DJI FLY does not run. It freezes in the white background opening screen. I tryed downloading it from different sources but had the same result. I even tried to instal first the DJI GO (witch works) and then DJI FLY, but still did not get it to work. It is very frustrating.
2020-1-4
Use props
amazzinibo
lvl.1

Italy

I have same problem (Samsung S10 & Android 10, Italy)
I am very furious, I'm on holiday, I bought it for this days..
2020-1-4
Use props
PJU1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10052 ft
United Kingdom

for it to work with s10+ i downgraded back to 1.0.3 and connected the mavic mini controller first . switching it on and waiting for the prompt to activate the app, now working fine .will now wait for fix
2020-1-4
Use props
StefEEBear
lvl.1
Australia

Same issue here. Galaxy S10+ (Exynos processor) with Android 10 (OneUI 2) The DJI Fly V1.0.4  app only crashes.
2020-1-4
Use props
djiuser_aMiZMJfSykNC
New
United Kingdom

StefEEBear Posted at 1-4 21:23
Same issue here. Galaxy S10+ (Exynos processor) with Android 10 (OneUI 2) The DJI Fly V1.0.4  app only crashes.

Hi, I am using the Mavic Mini from my Samsung S10, running Andriod 10 on the Exynos processor.

I don't really know why my workaround is successful but it does work for me about 75% of the time. My process to get the app past the white splash screen is as follows:

1- Reboot the S10 and unlock my sim and handset
2- Run the Microsoft Launcher app
3- Immediately start the DJI Fly app

At this point it is slow to open the app as the S10 is still completing restart process but usually continues on into the main DJI Fly app screen.
2020-1-5
Use props
djiuser_bR28iOq6CA47
lvl.2
Flight distance : 167726 ft
Ukraine

Bought my brand new mavic mini today. Having the same issue on my Samsung S10+.

Reached out to online support and was told that the update is coming in the mid of January. This is a total mess. Ruined holidays. I've never experienced such a mistreat from such a brand.
2020-1-6
Use props
djiuser_bR28iOq6CA47
lvl.2
Ukraine

UPD: Launched the app successfully today with my S10+ Exynos. Also tried to fly the Mavic Mini. Successfull. Still a little bit scary that there may some issues though.

Waiting for DJI to post some official update.
2020-1-8
Use props
dessol
lvl.2
Ukraine

Got my drone and phone working finally!
Here is a working solution with the 1.0.3 version of Fly App on Samsung S10+:

• Uninstall all DJI apps from your phone
  • Open any file manager (native Samsung's will work just fine)
  • Check and delete all DJI folders (make sure you have copies of your DJI photos and videos somewhere)
  • Open Play Store app > Settings > Auto-update Apps > Disable
  • Update your Android system to the latest security update available.
  • Install v.1.0.3 app. I've downloaded it from this resource: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-fly/dji-fly-1-0-3-release/dji-fly-1-0-3-android-apk-download/download/
  • Open the app and accept all the requirements etc.
  • Wait until ZIP package is downloaded and unpacked
  • You're done (enter credentials and start using the app)

If it doesn't work on S10+ - repeat the procedure and pay more attention to the instructions

Please upvote if it helps.

2020-1-9
Use props
Dwayne Carter
New

New Zealand

dessol Posted at 1-9 12:54
Got my drone and phone working finally!
Here is a working solution with the 1.0.3 version of Fly App on Samsung S10+:

Didnt work same white screen
2020-1-10
Use props
dessol
lvl.2
Ukraine

Dwayne Carter Posted at 1-10 02:18
Didnt work same white screen

This solution works on Samsung S10. If you try some other device  - it may not work there.

Just make sure you've gone through the steps accurately. Make sure to wipe all DJI folders and disable auto-update in Play Store. The update - is the thing that causes app to stop working because you literally get your 1.0.3 auto-updated to 1.0.4.

My 1.0.3 on S10+ works perfectly. I think you just need to pay more attention while getting through the steps.

Instruction: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =205794&pid=2056240
2020-1-10
Use props
djiuser_EFG9lEUe88fy
lvl.1

United Kingdom

dessol Posted at 1-10 02:46
This solution works on Samsung S10. If you try some other device  - it may not work there.

Just make sure you've gone through the steps accurately. Make sure to wipe all DJI folders and disable auto-update in Play Store. The update - is the thing that causes app to stop working because you literally get your 1.0.3 auto-updated to 1.0.4.

can you confirm where and what dji folders need to be deleted for work around
2020-1-10
Use props
dessol
lvl.2
Ukraine

djiuser_EFG9lEUe88fy Posted at 1-10 13:43
can you confirm where and what dji folders need to be deleted for work around

First - uninstall any DJI apps from the phone completely.
Then open native file manager and search for "dji" - select all folders and files with "dji" in their title and delete those.
2020-1-10
Use props
Liamb6166
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Dessol, Just followed your instructions and the app has now opened for the first time since updating my s10 to android 10! Will try to fly tomorrow with all fingers crossed. Thanks you so much!
2020-1-10
Use props
dessol
lvl.2
Ukraine

Liamb6166 Posted at 1-10 16:30
Dessol, Just followed your instructions and the app has now opened for the first time since updating my s10 to android 10! Will try to fly tomorrow with all fingers crossed. Thanks you so much!

Sounds great! Happy flying.

For those who still experiencing issues with their S10 I've uploaded a field test video for Samsung S10 + v.1.0.3
youtube.com/watch?v=qjIhtcXp7fM

There are instructions posted in the video description.
I've talked to several users of S10 and they've managed to make v.1.0.3 work carefully following those instructions. No need to reset / restart your phone or do anything harmful to the system. It's an easy fix until DJI release a working update
2020-1-10
Use props
dessol
lvl.2
Ukraine

Liamb6166 Posted at 1-10 16:30

Liamb6166 So, did it work?
2020-1-13
Use props
Liamb6166
lvl.1

United Kingdom

dessol Posted at 1-13 03:47
Liamb6166 So, did it work?

Yep, have successfully flown a few times and everything works fine. The app is a little slow opening up but once open works normally. Thanks again!
2020-1-13
Use props
dessol
lvl.2
Ukraine

DJI released v.1.0.6 for Android

I've tested it on my S10+ Exynos (Android 10 january security installed) and it works.

It's still wasn't uploaded to Play Store but you can download official APK from DJI web-site:
https://service-adhoc.dji.com/do ... 2-b4ab-9cf977d77309
2020-1-14
Use props
djiuser_EhUxK754mDIq
lvl.1
Chile

dessol Posted at 1-14 12:02

I've tested it on my S10+ Exynos (Android 10 january security installed) and it works.

Its works!!! New app from download center in dji.com

Thank you!
2020-1-14
Use props
djiuser_6S0DLhOUOvmM
New

United States

dessol Posted at 1-14 12:02

I've tested it on my S10+ Exynos (Android 10 january security installed) and it works.

Are you talking about the DJI Go 4 app? Im new and I have the S10+ also. I plan to buy the mavic pro platinum.
2020-4-11
Use props
Admiral von U
New

Australia

Solution: Android 11, Samsung Galaxy A22 and DJI AIR 2S. Hi Everybody! After one week of reading on fora and looking through the internet, I found an instant solution to my problem that the DJI Fly app was constantly crashing. I just bought a Samsung Galaxy A22 and the Air 2S at Harvey Norman last Saturday. The lady sold me the Samsung as being suitable for use as a device with the drone and drone controller. When I unpacked everything and downnloaded the latest version of the app, it would start on the phone but as soon as I have the drone / aircraft switched on (and it obviously connecting to the Air 2S controller, letting the phone app know, it was connected, the app would restart then show different screens (Agreement to the T&C's) - Creating an DJI account - Activating the Aircraft - Updating the controller software. This was followed by a blackout of the screen and restart of the app in an endless loop. When I was quick enough, I could tap the registration button and it would let me create an account at DJI. Other than that nothing happened. Today, I changed the following settings in the Android (vers. 11) developer options. At the moment, I do not know and care which ones (or a combination of which) solved the issue. If you are keen, you can find out by de-selecting individual ones one after the other and see if it still works (DJI Fly app working).

-Picture and Colour Mode = swithced to sRGB
-Under "Quick settings developer tiles: = all options off (apart from "sync at the top")
-USB debugging = OFF
-Graphics driver: under DJI Fly, I selected "System Graphics Driver" rather than default, but since I believe I only have one installed anyway, this is probably a bogus selection
-Allow screen overlays on Settings = ON
-"Minimum Width (I believe this was the miracle change)= change manually from 384 to 488
-Force 4x MSAA= ON
-Disable HW overlays = ON
-Don't keep activities (this might have been my mistake switching it on in the first place) = OFF

Before that, I went to the Google Play store and installed the latest update on the "Android System Webview" app. No idea if this had anything to do with it.

Now it works beautifully, the drone is activated, I had the first maiden flight, the drone is AWESOME. And Litchi is also working!

I thought somebody out there might find this info useful.

Happy Landings!
2022-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules