12Next >
16395 46 2020-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansbd71c3f8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 207579 ft
India

and I am just leaving for a vacation to Thailand. was really looking forward to shooting there. This sucks.

2020-1-2
Use props
lprising
lvl.3
Flight distance : 32402 ft
Canada

I think that's a too broad generalization. It may not work with your particular model, but I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 and the app works perfectly.

I also hope your problem is just temporary and it clears up by the time of your vacation. Have a great time!

(In the worst case you may try to borrow a working phone or rent/buy a cheap one that works while you are there).
2020-1-2
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

My S9 works well as well. If you've a S10, you may have an issue with that and that has been broadly discussed on this forum with some non-us S10 models running android 10.
2020-1-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

If your Samsung is an S10 with an Exynos processor that is the problem. DJI has ID the issue and has said it will be fixed in next App update. They don't say when it's coming out.
2020-1-2
Use props
Dj fortu ru
New

Russia

In my opinion this is a completely terrible situation for Samsung. I have S10 and this is the same problem, and even more, I was just exhausted from loading and uninstalling DJI Fly in various configurations. The score in playmarket reached 2.2 is a complete failure!
2020-1-2
Use props
fansbd71c3f8
lvl.2
Thailand

OK guys, had posted that in complete frustration just when I was leaving for the airport. Landed in Thailand, and my daughters phone works with it, and now strangely so does my wife's S10+. My Note10+ does not.

Both are Exynos, but hers has not updated to android 10. All good for now.
2020-1-3
Use props
djiuser_aMiZMJfSykNC
New
United Kingdom

fansbd71c3f8 Posted at 1-3 03:27
OK guys, had posted that in complete frustration just when I was leaving for the airport. Landed in Thailand, and my daughters phone works with it, and now strangely so does my wife's S10+. My Note10+ does not.

Both are Exynos, but hers has not updated to android 10. All good for now.

Hi, I am using the Mavic Mini from my Samsung S10, running Andriod 10 on the Exynos processor.

I don't really know why my workaround is successful but it does work for me about 75% of the time. My process to get the app past the white splash screen is as follows:

1- Reboot the S10 and unlock my sim and handset
2- Run the Microsoft Launcher app
3- Immediately start the DJI Fly app

At this point it is slow to open the app as the S10 is still completing restart process but usually continues on into the main DJI Fly app screen.
2020-1-5
Use props
HeirFlick
lvl.2

United Kingdom

lprising Posted at 1-2 08:52
I think that's a too broad generalization. It may not work with your particular model, but I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 and the app works perfectly.

I also hope your problem is just temporary and it clears up by the time of your vacation. Have a great time!

This highlights the main issues here with this App and Drone. People need to stop generalising the make and model phone as working or non working. It is what update your phone has, what version of that model tou have ( Not all Samsung S8 Phones are the same ) also what version bit your cell supplier network runs. They are different depending where you live. I have a Samung S10 plus which worked fine until last week but now does not. It is because the phone had an update that his issue has arisen.
2020-1-5
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

S9+ worked perfectly with my Mini (before it flew away).
2020-1-5
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

Borh, S6 and S7 work perfectly
2020-1-5
Use props
dessol
lvl.2
Flight distance : 167726 ft
Ukraine

Guys, I've posted this solution in other similar threads for those who have troubles running the DJI FLY app on Samsung S10 (exynos) with Mavic Mini.
No need to restart your phone or downgrade the Android version or suspend the system from getting security updates.

Here are some details on the process:

• Uninstall all DJI apps from your phone
  • Open any file manager (native Samsung's will work just fine)
  • Check and delete all DJI folders (make sure you have copies of your DJI photos and videos somewhere)
  • Open Play Store app > Settings > Auto-update Apps > Disable
  • Update your Android system to the latest security update available.
  • Install v.1.0.3 app. I've downloaded it from this resource: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-fly/dji-fly-1-0-3-release/dji-fly-1-0-3-android-apk-download/download/
  • Open the app and accept all the requirements etc.
  • Wait until ZIP package is downloaded and unpacked
  • You're done (enter credentials and start using the app)

If it doesn't work on S10+ - repeat the procedure and pay more attention to the instructions

Please upvote if it helps.
2020-1-9
Use props
fansc4a0c574
lvl.2
India

dessol Posted at 1-9 11:15
Guys, I've posted this solution in other similar threads for those who have troubles running the DJI FLY app on Samsung S10 (exynos) with Mavic Mini.
No need to restart your phone or downgrade the Android version or suspend the system from getting security updates.

DJI photos and videos will be there on the SD card right?

2020-1-10
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

Now we all have a lesson not to buy devices on the Samsung Exynos processor!

I already passed it when Samsung sent me with a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 tablet!
2020-1-10
Use props
dessol
lvl.2
Ukraine

Alevpi Posted at 1-10 21:56
Now we all have a lesson not to buy devices on the Samsung Exynos processor!

I already passed it when Samsung sent me with a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 tablet!

It's not about the Exynos. It's all about version v. 1.0.4 which wasn't tested enough by DJI team before release.
If it was Exynos problem v. 1.0.3 wouldn't run but it actually works and does it absolutely perfect. I did a field test (both in and outskirts of town) yesterday with my S10+ Exynos and v. 1.0.3 installed - and I've got a perfect shots and video captured.

I've got to say that this Mavic Mini drone is actually a masterpiece: I'm quite a newbie to piloting the drones however it was an amazing experience. It's super easy to fly and my CE version worked just fine even in the middle of the city with its lots of interference. You can see instructions and test flight video here:

Let's give DJI that chance to fix the app!
2020-1-10
Use props
dessol
lvl.2
Ukraine

fansc4a0c574 Posted at 1-10 20:46
DJI photos and videos will be there on the SD card right?

Just remove the SD card while deleting DJI folders/files on the phone
2020-1-10
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Russia

dessol Posted at 1-10 22:40
It's not about the Exynos. It's all about version v. 1.0.4 which wasn't tested enough by DJI team before release.
If it was Exynos problem v. 1.0.3 wouldn't run but it actually works and does it absolutely perfect. I did a field test (both in and outskirts of town) yesterday with my S10+ Exynos and v. 1.0.3 installed - and I've got a perfect shots and video captured.

Unfortunately, this is still the case in the Exynos processor, I recently flew a new firmware over the air, now it does not work and DJI Fly 1.0.3!
2020-1-10
Use props
dessol
lvl.2
Ukraine

Alevpi Posted at 1-10 23:34
Unfortunately, this is still the case in the Exynos processor, I recently flew a new firmware over the air, now it does not work and DJI Fly 1.0.3!

I've uploaded a field test video for Samsung S10 + v.1.0.3
youtube.com/watch?v=qjIhtcXp7fM

There are instructions posted in the video description. I've talked to several users of S10 and they've managed to make v.1.0.3 work carefully following those instructions. No need to reset / restart your phone or do anything harmful to the system. It's an easy fix until DJI release a working update
2020-1-10
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Russia

dessol Posted at 1-10 23:38
I've uploaded a field test video for Samsung S10 + v.1.0.3
youtube.com/watch?v=qjIhtcXp7fM

Samsung S10e doesn't work! Hanging white screen.
2020-1-11
Use props
spanzetta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1124738 ft
Italy

pls avoid such type of generic statements (DJI Fly doesn't work on Samsung phones) ..

I have it running on Note10+5G and also on 3-years old Galaxy A5 2017.. which is an entry level model..

it works perfectly on both (Note10 not updated to Android 10)..

DJI Fly 1.0.4 version
2020-1-11
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

fansc4a0c574 Posted at 1-10 20:46
DJI photos and videos will be there on the SD card right?

Are you talking about an SD card in your phone, or the one in the drone itself?

If you're talking about the phone, that's not where mine go by default, and in fact, I'd like to set things up so that all of the DJI stuff DOES go onto the SD card in my phone to free up a bunch of space in the phone's built-in memory.

But the SD card in the drone itself should have your photos and videos, so taking it out before doing anything radical, and backing it up often are good ideas.
2020-1-12
Use props
cK-mini
lvl.3
Indonesia

S10 plus here.. and works fine..
2020-1-12
Use props
slogrega
lvl.3
Flight distance : 201204 ft
Slovenia

Alevpi Posted at 1-11 09:58
Samsung S10e doesn't work! Hanging white screen.

I have same phone and same problem
2020-1-12
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Russia

spanzetta Posted at 1-11 23:57
pls avoid such type of generic statements (DJI Fly doesn't work on Samsung phones) ..

I have it running on Note10+5G and also on 3-years old Galaxy A5 2017.. which is an entry level model..

Please when you claim that works specify what processor you have in your phone!
We have already discussed a million times that there are no problems with Qualcomm processors!

2020-1-12
Use props
spanzetta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1124738 ft
Italy

Alevpi Posted at 1-12 23:11
Please when you claim that works specify what processor you have in your phone!
We have already discussed a million times that there are no problems with Qualcomm processors!

I was just commenting the "too generic" claim of the Topic
"DJI fly not wrking with Samsung phones"

anyway..
My Note10 (Android 9) is Exynos M4 (ARM 55/A75)
My A5 2017 (Android 9) is Exynos Octa 7880 (ARM A53)
and as sais it works fine on both models..
2020-1-13
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Russia

I'm afraid that Android 9 only remained on these two phones...
2020-1-13
Use props
djiuser_pC0z5MamGhPb
lvl.1

Slovakia

Is mavic mini compatible with Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ . Exynos 9825 and OS Android10 ?
2020-2-3
Use props
djiuser_6S0DLhOUOvmM
New

United States

I just read that some S10's come with exynos and some have snapdragon depending your carrier and country. I just found out my Verizon S10+ is snapdragon 855, and NOT exynos! So I should be good to use Mavic Air with the DJI Go 4 app?

2020-4-11
Use props
Cobra_rc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 826417 ft
Poland

A40 with Android 9 works fine.
2020-4-12
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

Galaxy S6 and S7 work fine. Bit of a Brad statement
2020-4-12
Use props
djiuser_XwOQ65vHJCGL
New

South Africa

Ingo Sundowner Posted at 1-5 04:52
Borh, S6 and S7 work perfectly

Hi, Could you please let me know how you managed to get your S7 to work.
2020-5-27
Use props
djiuser_5lV8owScdGRD
New

Japan

my s10+ is just charging when i connect it to the RC .. uuurrrggghhh
2020-11-16
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_5lV8owScdGRD Posted at 11-16 00:55
my s10+ is just charging when i connect it to the RC .. uuurrrggghhh

Which version of the App?
Have you checked the USB connection settings?
The S10+ is listed as compatible
2020-11-16
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

Every Android based phone will be charged by the RC. There is only one way to prevent this : a) the device is rooted b) using an app to regulate the charging process like Battery Charge Limit Root
2020-11-16
Use props
EarlGeoghegan
lvl.1

United States

I own Samsung Note 8 and my Mavic Mini will not allow to contact and fly.  I can take my wife's S8 and there is no problem.  Has anyone else had this issue?  Thanks in advance.
2020-11-16
Use props
djiuser_1LuO8lzBYXWV
New

Switzerland

The Dji fly app is not available on my Samsung A 52 5g is that normal ?
2021-7-9
Use props
djiuser_1LuO8lzBYXWV
New

Switzerland

The Dji fly app is not available on my Samsung A 52 5g is that normal ?
2021-7-9
Use props
kSetuni
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_1LuO8lzBYXWV Posted at 7-9 04:51
The Dji fly app is not available on my Samsung A 52 5g is that normal ?

did you go to the dji website? Its not been in the play store for a long while.
2021-7-9
Use props
jvlisboa
New

Brazil

lprising Posted at 2020-1-2 08:52

can you help me, please?

My S8 doesn't recognize the USB when I plug it into the RC. Need some additional settings on the S8?

Thank you.
2021-12-27
Use props
fans2a0acffc
New

Canada

I have a Samsung Note 8 and DJI Fly App just wont install. Unfortunately DJI do not give any warning that the APP wont work on certain model, and i relaised after buying the drone, elese i would have nver bought one. DJI should fix this issue.
2022-1-23
Use props
MA Silver
New
Flight distance : 220 ft
United States

I have a Samsung Galaxy s20+. DJI Fly crashes on the splash screen every time I try opening. I have restarted the phone with no success. Any suggestions???
2022-1-27
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules