DJI fly not wrking with Samsung phones
16465 46 2020-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_bZoeZth8vc15
lvl.1

United States

lprising Posted at 2020-1-2 08:52
I think that's a too broad generalization. It may not work with your particular model, but I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 and the app works perfectly.

I also hope your problem is just temporary and it clears up by the time of your vacation. Have a great time!

I am curious just HOW you made your Samsung Galaxy S8 work. Had the S8 Active and it would never work. Loaded the software, but if will not doc with nor show the Air 2S in the lineup, so go figure. Just upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G, as the S20 is listed as a compatible phone and all my updates are current and now the software hangs when loading. I thought DJI was an on-top-of-it manufacturer, but I am stunned at the lack of depth of the programmer's skills to figure out the basics of this simple UI issue. Time for these guys to grow up.
2022-1-27
Use props
djiuser_bZoeZth8vc15
lvl.1

United States

MA Silver Posted at 1-27 09:34
I have a Samsung Galaxy s20+. DJI Fly crashes on the splash screen every time I try opening. I have restarted the phone with no success. Any suggestions???

Me too. And I am about done chasing solutions for this damn drone. Come on guys, this is not rocket science here. This is simple cellphone-based UI and clearly, you don't think anyone cares enough about this issue and will just find their own workarounds.
2022-1-27
Use props
nufan20013
lvl.1

United States

New to the forum and just bought my first dji product.  I'm hoping I can help some of you out here. I have a note 20 ultra and i found a work around for getting the app to function properly.  

You will first download the DJI fly app on the play store
Now download APK installer with the box icon from the playstore.
Go to the DJI site and download the APK packet from their website into your phone.
Now go to the APK installer and you should see the file you just downloaded in the queue
Select the file and hit install in the lower section.
It will ask to update and accept
Once the update is complete your app should open and communication with the drone.
You will have to do this every time you want to fly but it beats not having a $300 paperweight.
I hope this works for you all as it has worked for me. Cheers!
2022-1-28
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

dessol Posted at 2020-1-9 11:15
Guys, I've posted this solution in other similar threads for those who have troubles running the DJI FLY app on Samsung S10 (exynos) with Mavic Mini.
No need to restart your phone or downgrade the Android version or suspend the system from getting security updates.

I am trying to get the app on an older S8+, I downloaded the file, click to open and just get this "Cannot open file".....what I am doing wrong here?

S8+ has Android 9
2022-3-2
Use props
fans4f5d0fe1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 600 ft
United States

Here is the fix. Finally something that does not make you ROM your phone or Uninstall UI4.0  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC7E9tYxqZM
2022-6-16
Use props
djiuser_q5XwYVXJ7JRE
New

United States

I just got a mini se for Father's day. I cannot get it to connect to the controller or the dji fly app using ethier a Samsung s20+ or a Samsung note 8. Brand new to drones. Any help is appreciated.
2022-6-21
Use props
djiuser_u4JGnuIXQU7X
lvl.1

United Kingdom

lprising Posted at 2020-1-2 08:52
I think that's a too broad generalization. It may not work with your particular model, but I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 and the app works perfectly.

I also hope your problem is just temporary and it clears up by the time of your vacation. Have a great time!

The costs o those drones you shouldn't have to beg borrow or steal.
2022-7-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules