Reading about all these issues...
707 19 2020-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ingo Sundowner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

....I'm wondering how many ppl are happy with their MM's and AREN'T having problems AT ALL?
I found that with mine, all probs i had were down to user malfunction,  yes, me
2020-1-2
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's all part of learning, no big deal, unless of course you don't have your drone anymore because of it. In that case, that is a hard lesson to learn and a sad one on top of it. When I decided to buy the mini, I did a lot of research on it. At the time, there wasn't much to go on, so I had to rely on what I could find and past drone experience, and that wasn't a whole lot either. Even after receiving my mini, I learn something new each time I fly. Over all, minus the absence of a few video/photographic and another feature or two that I feel it should have, I'm very satisfied with my mini.
2020-1-2
Use props
djiuser_YuxUFvH2ie8w
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29091 ft
United States

I'm happy with mine .but little scared to fly with all that's happening to others
2020-1-2
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_YuxUFvH2ie8w Posted at 1-2 13:00
I'm happy with mine .but little scared to fly with all that's happening to others

Just do the proper before and after takeoff checks!
If done OKE than happy flying, and don`t go flying too far when its really windy    just a tip  ;-)

Many happy landings,
cheers
JJB
2020-1-2
Use props
CarRamRod
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81742 ft
United States

I've been very happy with mine. No issues....... yet (oh please don't jinx it). This is my first drone and I spent a lot of time reading as much as I could before buying and flying. I also live in a rural area with very little interference or buildings/concrete. I pay close attention to the wind and temperature, ground level and at elevation.

Not to sound like a jerk, but this forum has been a great place to learn from other people's mistakes . I spent a lot of time on here before I flew.
2020-1-2
Use props
jonny007
lvl.4
Germany

Say 57 guys with problems which are postet HERE, but thousands of footages on youtube from satisfied people. Isn't that a good ratio ?
2020-1-2
Use props
Burak C.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21814 ft
Turkey

In my opinion; some problems may occur on the launch of a product. This is electronics and problem is in it's nature. If the brand can solve these problems, than it is all good. For now, I see that at least DJI trying to make progress by releasing updates and standing behind his product(as i see). I am following the MM forum for like a couple weeks. I have seen some problems because of DJI and seems like they have sorted it out one by one. It is going a bit slow, wish it would be faster. About most of the crashes, since MM is a starter drone, people with no knowledge(don't get me wrong, not an insult) are flying it in all conditions and all places. As I see, most of the crashes and flyaways are because of the pilot. I have seen lot's of crashes and the community proved the pilot was responsible for what happened, that people are still fighting for what he/she has done was right. Not learning from mistakes and not being helpful for those who is planning to buy MM.

I have my MM for a week now and I could not flown anywhere but inside the house but still i had couple racing drones and i have some experience. Even I haven't used my MM outside, by reading the flyaways and crashes, I believe most of the time it was a pilot error so as the community. Why do you think all of the youtubers are sharing it is a good drone? Why there is no flyaway or crash video of those youtubers? Because they are experienced, they know the capabilities of the MM and not pushing them.

That's all what it is, knowing the boundaries and your knowledge is the key i think.

If you ask my opinion about MM, yes, it has a lot of missing features and i hope DJI will bring some of them in the future. Yes it is not the most powerful drone we have seen, but we knew when we were buying it. It is a starter little drone. I think it is a very very handy awesome little fella. Also, i think that MM is a powerful drone for its size and weight. I have flown it in my hause, and it was awesome. The stability was incredible, video quality was wonderful. Did not have any issues whatsoever. Hope i won't have in the future either.

Cheers!
2020-1-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think that the MM is a technological beast.  Look at the engineering that had to go into this drone to keep the weight down but still have enough power to fly properly.  I feel a part of some of the posts stating that the MM sucks is partly because they were expecting "features" equivalent to the Phantom 4 at 1/3 of the price of the Phantom 4.  DJI developed this drone to meet a specific marketing niche - new flyers.  However, I think they underestimated the amount of people who have other more capable drones also buying the MM due to it's portability.  Fits easily into a backpack and off you go hiking, biking or on your motorcycle.  A large group of unhappy people are because their phone was incompatible with the DJI Fly App and others with not being able to do a Geo unlock.  

I have a Skydio 1 and the MM and have a Skydio 2 on order for Group 2 distribution.  They each have a specific purpose/mission that I will use them for.  So count me as one of the happy MM owners.
2020-1-2
Use props
cosmotrkr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 396430 ft
United States

Love mine, had it since mid December.  Absolutely zero issues.  Love it.
2020-1-2
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
lvl.4
United Kingdom

djiuser_YuxUFvH2ie8w Posted at 1-2 13:00

I felt like that for exactly that reason, but now i know that, having eliminated most pre flight issues, i can fly anytime keeping a close eye on the winds
2020-1-2
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
lvl.4
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 1-2 13:12
Just do the proper before and after takeoff checks!
If done OKE than happy flying, and don`t go flying too far when its really windy    just a tip  ;-)

With you on that one a 100%
2020-1-2
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
lvl.4
United Kingdom

That it? Nobody else?
2020-1-3
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

I love my mini, learning so much with it.
Like JodyB I did a lot of research before I made the jump, tons of video tutorials, ebooks, this forum, learning from others mistakes...

I found some problems, first a gimbal noise which was fixed in FW 1.0.3 update, that gave me faith in DJI.
Second some weird behaviors like yesterday a massive drop from the sky where I managed to recover altitude and fly back, still I love the mini, one just has to be aware of the limits.
Besides some more control over the camera, specially in video I absolutely love this engineering master piece.
2020-1-3
Use props
Vim Fueago
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21558 ft
United Kingdom

InspektorGadjet Posted at 1-3 03:10
I love my mini, learning so much with it.
Like JodyB I did a lot of research before I made the jump, tons of video tutorials, ebooks, this forum, learning from others mistakes...

Not done a huge amount of flying, still getting to grips and trying to to find the right time, but very pleased so far. App works well on my Google pixel 3 running Android 10. And quality and stability from the drone camera is very impressive at this price point.

It's very easy to get a skewed impression from a SUPPORT  forum
2020-1-3
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Vim Fueago Posted at 1-3 03:26
Not done a huge amount of flying, still getting to grips and trying to to find the right time, but very pleased so far. App works well on my Google pixel 3 running Android 10. And quality and stability from the drone camera is very impressive at this price point.

It's very easy to get a skewed impression from a SUPPORT  forum

I agree the impression one can get only reading here can be misleading.
All in all the mini is a power horse with very good camera.
2020-1-3
Use props
emaneg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1591 ft
Italy

The imbalance between pros and cons here in the forum messages can be misleading: you may think the MM has just odds. But the ones who use this forum basically are just the unsatisfied ones who are looking for help/answer/support/consolation after a crash or a fly-away. The satisfied ones are not hanging around keeping on repeating 'how happy am I- yuyuyu'!

Probably it's a good piece of technology, but it's not an AI robot, it requires happily some HI (Human Intelligence....)!
2020-1-3
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

No issues with the mini here, it could be that some people expect too much..
2020-1-3
Use props
edrumor
lvl.3
Flight distance : 695646 ft
Spain

I have been a rc pilot since 2000, seeing the evolution of drone technology I think MM is a gem of evolution, due to its specific characteristics. Obviously all technology has small errors, but obviously with its size I think that the MM has no rival for what it was designed. I know there will be dissatisfied people, but as I say I have been in this world for 20 years and with experience, one is learning from his mistakes (trial-error).
Personally I have flown from Tinywhoops to racers, and I think this is an incredible product that is focused on the consumer market.
I have also flown many years Rc helicopters, and believe me to learn is more complicated, so do not lose patience and keep flying the MM.

I leave you a video of my first DIY drone of 2011. No stabilization or gps or anything, but it flew very well.

2020-1-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Ingo Sundowner. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your DJI Mavic Mini. Please try to watch multiple tutorial videos of the DJI Mavic Mini for you to be able to operate your DJI Mavic Mini with ease and confidence. For reference I will be posting a link where in you can find some official helpful tutorial videos for the said drone ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/video ). In addition if you have any concerns, issues or question with your DJI Mavic Mini or with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you.
2020-1-4
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hey DJI "Stephen",
Have you actually read my original OP??
Or do you just NOT understand this thread?
For Chrissake
2020-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules