6748 11 2020-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sunlit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 133533 ft
Indonesia

Hey guys!
Whats the closest in focus distance for dji osmo action, does DJI state it officially? Seems like an important parameter and I cannot find any reliable info.
2020-1-2
Use props
Mizzu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431873 ft
Germany

I would say around 20cm, everything less than that is getting blurry.
But you can buy a macro lens. Don't expect this to be the ultra-hyper-quality but it's doing its job for the money in my opinion.

2020-1-3
Use props
sunlit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 133533 ft
Indonesia

Thank you, but my own testing puts it around 35 cm, and some guys on youtube say that it is much further
2020-1-3
Use props
Mizzu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431873 ft
Germany

If this point is very important to you, then you should go for the GoPro 8. It's much more detailed when filming closer stuff.
2020-1-3
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Yeah you watched his vid Lol. he does not even own the cameras  he got them on Loan.   18 inches was wha t they  could follow, did they, uncertain.
2020-1-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day sunlit. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. The DJI Osmo Action uses a prime lens with a clear focal distance from 0.3 m to infinity. That is, the targeted subject is clear when the distance between the lens and subject is more than 0.3 m, and the optimal imaging resolution can be obtained from 0.6 m to infinity. Thank you.
2020-1-4
Use props
Italjohn
lvl.1

Norway

Anyone know if the Action 3 will have the same bad (long) focus distance?
2022-9-20
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

They all should no  auto ff lens on action cameras, they could have done it like smartphones, that is the next step towards action cameras Auto fixed focus lenses that were out in the 00's

I not buy a gimmick lens they  just d not focus  correctly
2022-9-20
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Even with Action 2 and 3, I find the close focus just on the edge of being blurry. Background is sharp but I tried between one and three feet away from me. Still showed softness in picture, so I’m not certain that 0.3 meter is a correct figure for good sharpness. It seems way more than that.
2022-9-29
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

1 meter is their testing at a lab  been that way before dji was around
2022-9-29
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Even at 1 meter, it’s soft. They quote 0.3 meter in the specs.
2022-9-30
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

OSmo Action  was  yes, and now the old topic is back for hte Action 3 and guess both the first and 2nd are exactly thesame  WOW!
2022-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules