1747 6 2020-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CYLSTUDIO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 375046 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

With this spare parts, as cheap as chips.. I'm thinking to use my brand new dremel to drill a lots of holes to make it even more light weight, what do you guys think? Will it help to gain more flight time and better control in windy situation?  It will be more fragile for sure but it's no different if it drops from the sky anyway.

AA81A7EA-CB33-4285-8C68-1DE6E9CBE2D9.jpeg
2020-1-3
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84423 ft
Spain

What is the point of wanting to make it lighter? That is when you will have many more problems with the wind, right?
2020-1-3
Use props
Akirasho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1622238 ft
United States

I am a cyclist and in the world of road bikes, many of us look for light weight... so excess!!!!  (when it strength comprised?)

A cracked crank is no fun!!!!!

I would use a another shell to experiment in ADDING weight (lights or mounts for payloads... and registering the up weight bird), and sweet paint!
2020-1-3
Use props
Burak C.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21814 ft
Turkey

I think, wind will affect the drone more if you make it lighter. Also the holes might lead to some unintended shaking it might cause some turbulence making it less efficient. I think DJI engineers designed MM keeping mind that parameters
2020-1-3
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

JM.REYES Posted at 1-3 12:02
What is the point of wanting to make it lighter? That is when you will have many more problems with the wind, right?

Hey amigo!
I don´t think I would be doing it, but if you can drop the weight you could add bright LEDs, sensors, a
parachute... lol

I thought about it using the Japanese batteries, which weight less, but again after using the mini and being happy with it I wont attempt anything extreme.
2020-1-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day CYLSTUDIO. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared with us. If the DJI Mavic Mini is still under warranty. I would not suggest modifying the said drone because it can void the warranty just in case there will be an incident or a crash on your future flights. For additional information, I will post the DJI After-Sales service policies and warranty for reference. Thank you.

2020-1-4
Use props
Droneflier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1811322 ft
South Africa

If you stick skins onto your MM after you have drilled holes to lighten the air frame I am sure you will not have any stability problems.
2020-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules