Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
PolarPro filters/accessories and new CYNOVA deal.
1965 18 2020-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andrei193
lvl.4
Flight distance : 240856 ft
Romania

Is anybody else wondering why PolarPro didn't come up with any kind of filters/accesories for the Mavic Mini? Is there some kind of licensing involved in producing accessories for DJI?

This new "official" partner CYNOVA is not producing good quality/designed products. For example, the Mavic Mini bag is poorly designed and looks cheap, and the holder is also very badly designed as it is very hard to open the flap. They should have made a deal with PGYTECH cause lately they are killing it with great designed accesories and satisfactory build quality (is not there yet but they seem to be getting there).
2020-1-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Show picture of bag, I bought the MM bag off dji website it’s great ideal for MM and extremely well built .
2020-1-4
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

The combo case is great, sturdy, well built and plenty of space.

Regarding filters, since mini doesnt allow manual video they are kind of useless.
2020-1-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

My grandson did not buy the Fly More Combo so I bought him the DJI Mini Bag from the DJI store.  It is well made and holds MM, RC, Spare Battery and Osmo Action.  He loves it because it is big enough for all his gear but yet still compact to tote around easily.     

DJI MINI BAG

DJI Mini Bag.jpg
2020-1-4
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

What is the CYNOVA bag ?

The mavic mini bag  on the DJI Website looks up to the usual quality of the DJI official acessories

Admittedly the design is a bit quirky with the clear fold over pocket, but that's just a chinese attempt at being chic LOL

2020-1-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

lannes Posted at 1-4 05:44
What is the CYNOVA bag ?

The mavic mini bag  on the DJI Website looks up to the usual quality of the DJI official acessories

Where’s the PP filters checked website none there.
2020-1-4
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 1-4 06:32
Where’s the PP filters checked website none there.

PP haven't done filters for the MM yet
2020-1-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

lannes Posted at 1-4 06:45
PP haven't done filters for the MM yet

Oops my misread, thank you .
2020-1-4
Use props
andrei193
lvl.4
Romania

hallmark007 Posted at 1-4 04:55
Show picture of bag, I bought the MM bag off dji website it’s great ideal for MM and extremely well built .

Guess we have different tolerances for well built. I don't have the bag but looking at this video it looks pretty cheap to me and that clear holder for Mavic Mini ... I get it it's for people to show it off but why would you want to advertise that you are carrying a drone, plus that clear pocket it provides no protection whatsoever from the elements like dust or water splashes/light drizzle; that is the most mind boggling design choice I ever seen on a product like this - it's a total form over function feature. A superior alternative which is well built and protects from the elements (also looks cool/it's practical design wise) is the newly released Peak Design 3L everyday sling. The Mavic Mini bag is 59.79 dollars and the peak design is 79.95 dollars. Not such a great difference in price.

Also that charging dock ... The only reason I could justify that is if I had a youtube channel and wanted to show it off in the background.
2020-1-4
Use props
andrei193
lvl.4
Romania

InspektorGadjet Posted at 1-4 05:12
The combo case is great, sturdy, well built and plenty of space.

Regarding filters, since mini doesnt allow manual video they are kind of useless.

Maybe they are somewhat useless but not totally useless, and that is no reason for a accessories manufacturer to not profit if there is demand. Even if we never get manual controls, the Mavic will prioritize keeping the ISO low and lower the shutter speed. Plus a simple polarizer filter will certainly benefit the Mavic Mini. The only reason I think Polar Pro might not want to get into the Mavic Mini filter game is because the Mavic Mini actually can't handle the extra strain on the gimbal and the motors will wear out sooner, so they won't risk people blaming them for breaking the drone.
2020-1-4
Use props
andrei193
lvl.4
Romania

lannes Posted at 1-4 05:44
What is the CYNOVA bag ?

The mavic mini bag  on the DJI Website looks up to the usual quality of the DJI official acessories

I might be wrong but I thought I saw on an unboxing saying "designed by CYNOVA for the Mavic Mini" on the tag. If it's a purely DJI design than it is even more sad.
2020-1-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

andrei193 Posted at 1-4 09:36
Guess we have different tolerances for well built. I don't have the bag but looking at this video it looks pretty cheap to me and that clear holder for Mavic Mini ... I get it it's for people to show it off but why would you want to advertise that you are carrying a drone, plus that clear pocket it provides no protection whatsoever from the elements like dust or water splashes/light drizzle; that is the most mind boggling design choice I ever seen on a product like this - it's a total form over function feature. A superior alternative which is well built and protects from the elements (also looks cool/it's practical design wise) is the newly released Peak Design 3L everyday sling. The Mavic Mini bag is 59.79 dollars and the peak design is 79.95 dollars. Not such a great difference in price.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFx4xjOppc4

Some of what your saying makes no sense, Mavic bag is €36 euro not $59 and the difference between $59 and $79 is approx 49% so that adds up to quite a difference, Mavic mini is pretty much a fair weather drone, so I’m not going to be out in dust storms snow storms or even rain storms, the front pocket in fact offers good protection from every day knocks etc and is really well built, but best of all is it’s really quick to get Mavic mini out ready to fly.
If I wanted a bigger bag I would and could find many cheaper, but this bag just like the Mavic pro and mavic2 bag is excellent and proportions are perfect if I need to carry anything else then I need a bigger bag, but if I just want to fly the mini then I don’t need to carry stuff I don’t need.

I have a Mavic bag from original Mavic over 3 years now, it’s seriously like new and made the same way as the mini bag .
Mini is about portability and there is nothing more portable than this bag .
2020-1-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

There you go $39 not $59 .
2020-1-4
Use props
andrei193
lvl.4
Romania

hallmark007 Posted at 1-4 09:51
Some of what your saying makes no sense, Mavic bag is €36 euro not $59 and the difference between $59 and $79 is approx 49% so that adds up to quite a difference, Mavic mini is pretty much a fair weather drone, so I’m not going to be out in dust storms snow storms or even rain storms, the front pocket in fact offers good protection from every day knocks etc and is really well built, but best of all is it’s really quick to get Mavic mini out ready to fly.
If I wanted a bigger bag I would and could find many cheaper, but this bag just like the Mavic pro and mavic2 bag is excellent and proportions are perfect if I need to carry anything else then I need a bigger bag, but if I just want to fly the mini then I don’t need to carry stuff I don’t need.

These are the amazon.com prices. An extra 20 bucks for a more versatile and superior product in every way does not seem like a big difference to me. I was not arguing about severe weather conditions, but unexpected rain, accidental water splashes can happen, even a car can pass you buy on a dusty road. Even that sea breeze can affect the Mini. Some things of what your saying don't make sense either - "best of all is it's really quick to get Mavic mini out and ready to fly" - so what like 3 second faster than the peak design. Are your using the Mini for street photography where this kind of of ready to go deployment matters. I get it, your happy with your purchase but to say there is nothing more portable than this bag is kind of a stretch.
2020-1-4
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

andrei193 Posted at 1-4 09:41
Maybe they are somewhat useless but not totally useless, and that is no reason for a accessories manufacturer to not profit if there is demand. Even if we never get manual controls, the Mavic will prioritize keeping the ISO low and lower the shutter speed. Plus a simple polarizer filter will certainly benefit the Mavic Mini. The only reason I think Polar Pro might not want to get into the Mavic Mini filter game is because the Mavic Mini actually can't handle the extra strain on the gimbal and the motors will wear out sooner, so they won't risk people blaming them for breaking the drone.

I understand, Im not giving up in manual controls for video, i hope they will come
Regarding gimbal weight it makes sense.
2020-1-4
Use props
andrei193
lvl.4
Romania

Ok, I get your point. The reason I compared the amazon us prices is because the peak design is not officially distributed in my country yet so I can't say how much will it be. The price on the Mini bag in my country is close to the us prices depending on the retailers. These bags usually get discounted so I doubt the price difference will be bigger/or much over than 20 dollars.
2020-1-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

andrei193 Posted at 1-4 10:06
These are the amazon.com prices. An extra 20 bucks for a more versatile and superior product in every way does not seem like a big difference to me. I was not arguing about severe weather conditions, but unexpected rain, accidental water splashes can happen, even a car can pass you buy on a dusty road. Even that sea breeze can affect the Mini. Some things of what your saying don't make sense either - "best of all is it's really quick to get Mavic mini out and ready to fly" - so what like 3 second faster than the peak design. Are your using the Mini for street photography where this kind of of ready to go deployment matters. I get it, your happy with your purchase but to say there is nothing more portable than this bag is kind of a stretch.

That bag is twice the price of Mavic mini bag, there are so many bags I could use and buy for that price, but I’m using a Mavic mini I don’t need anything else and I got a great bag for a good price.
2020-1-4
Use props
andrei193
lvl.4
Romania

hallmark007 Posted at 1-4 10:13
That bag is twice the price of Mavic mini bag, there are so many bags I could use and buy for that price, but I’m using a Mavic mini I don’t need anything else and I got a great bag for a good price.

Ok, glad you like it. I guess we are lucky that Europe prices are not that high. I would personally still not buy it even at this low price.
2020-1-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

andrei193 Posted at 1-4 10:22
Ok, glad you like it. I guess we are lucky that Europe prices are not that high. I would personally still not buy it even at this low price.

Hey I own so many bags I don’t know what to do with them, it can be personal choice size etc, was just trying to get across quality is pretty good don’t be fooled by photo, but if you need something bigger then this is no going to suit.
2020-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules