Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air downward sensor problem
4094 9 2020-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sandor Otvos
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11800233 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

Hey Guys!

It seems that the downward sensors of my Mavic Air are not functioning properly.

Normally, when the drone lands, it should detect the ground and land gently. Alternatively, when I try to touch its bottom during flight, it should detect my hand and move higher a bit.
The problem is that my drone seems not to detect obstacles from below. For example, it does not move away when I try to touch it from below and it lands quite roughly in autoland, as if it cannot recognize the ground itself...

The drone is running on the most recent FW and I use the latest GO4. The only thing which is not up-to-date is the flysafe database, but that should have nothing to do with this.

What I tried so far:
  • Cleaning the sensors
  • Turning sensors ON/OFF from GO4 multiple times
  • Reinstalling the FW
  • Reinstalling GO4
  • Calibrating the sensors via Assistant 2 - it completes succesfully, I even see the picture of the bottom camera while calibrating
  • Calibrarting the IMU

I recieved no error message on this via GO4. The drone is ca. one and a half years old, and was not crashed.

A couple of months ago it already happened to me once, but at that time a DJI GO4 upgrade solved this issue. Now, no software upgrade is available and reinstalling does not help... I guess it is only some kind of software malfunction, but I have no other idea how to fix it...

Does anyone had the same issue? Any ideas?

Thanks!!!

62237494_2235867669831680_2549163055539814400_n.jpg

2020-1-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Sandor Otvos. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. I would like to ask what happened to your drone prior to this issue? Did you drone experience any hard landing? Kindly please try to restore factory defaults and refresh the firmware again of the said drone using the DJI Assistant 2 to see if there will be changes or if the issue will still persists. Please keep us posted on the said issue for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-1-4
Use props
Sandor Otvos
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hungary

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-4 11:42
Hello and good day Sandor Otvos. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. I would like to ask what happened to your drone prior to this issue? Did you drone experience any hard landing? Kindly please try to restore factory defaults and refresh the firmware again of the said drone using the DJI Assistant 2 to see if there will be changes or if the issue will still persists. Please keep us posted on the said issue for further assistance. Thank you.

Thanks for your reply Stephen!

No crash or no hard landing occured, I do hand catch 99% of the cases.

Can yo please tell me what will hapen if I restore the drone to factory defaults? I mean, what data will I lose? Will the flight logs be lost from the aircraft?
2020-1-4
Use props
Sandor Otvos
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hungary

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-4 11:42

I restored the factory defaults via Assistant 2, refreshed the firmware again and calibrated the sensors and also the IMU. The problem still persists. Do you have any other idea what I can try?
2020-1-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Sandor Otvos Posted at 1-7 17:57
I restored the factory defaults via Assistant 2, refreshed the firmware again and calibrated the sensors and also the IMU. The problem still persists. Do you have any other idea what I can try?

Thank you for the given update Sandor Otvos. After doing the said trouble shooting steps and still the issue persist. I would recommend you to please contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have the professional team who would do their best to find out the reason of the issue and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Thank you.
2020-1-10
Use props
_danilo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275646 ft
Serbia

Sandor Otvos Posted at 1-7 17:57

Since you have been redirected to help out of this forum, could you please post the update of what you've found out, or did not found out?
2020-1-12
Use props
Sandor Otvos
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hungary

_danilo Posted at 1-12 14:01
Since you have been redirected to help out of this forum, could you please post the update of what you've found out, or did not found out?

Unfortunately, I found no solution. Will contact DJI support soon...
2020-1-12
Use props
cjr888
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3686988 ft
  • >>>
Czechia

Try to look for "Landing protection" in sensors settings of DJI app and make sure it isn't switched off. If it's on and bottom sensors still don't work, you can try recalibration of all sensors. For this you will need a DJI Assistant software on PC with your Air connected via USB cable. It will show you a set of patterns and you will have to aim on them with all directional sensors including the bottom ones. If this will pass fine but sensors will be still non-functional, you can try refreshing drone firmware. That's also being done in DJI Assistant on PC. If any of steps above doesn't help, then your only chance is sending it for warranty repair.
2020-1-23
Use props
Sandor Otvos
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hungary

cjr888 Posted at 1-23 21:45
Try to look for "Landing protection" in sensors settings of DJI app and make sure it isn't switched off. If it's on and bottom sensors still don't work, you can try recalibration of all sensors. For this you will need a DJI Assistant software on PC with your Air connected via USB cable. It will show you a set of patterns and you will have to aim on them with all directional sensors including the bottom ones. If this will pass fine but sensors will be still non-functional, you can try refreshing drone firmware. That's also being done in DJI Assistant on PC. If any of steps above doesn't help, then your only chance is sending it for warranty repair.

Did them all. Unfortunately, no change though. Will contact DJI supoortt...
2020-1-24
Use props
fansb7e11480
New

United States

Wow I just experienced this! The drone will not detect the ground and end up landing on its own. I now am loosing confidence in flying it because it has landed on its own and pretty rigid as if the bottom sensors are not functioning. I barely use my drone but also did everything you did and it’s up to date and still nothing.

DID DJI help? Or gave any recommendation I personally think it may have been a new firmware update messed with the sensors.
2021-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules