Nite with the action cameras
609 10 2020-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

So  with all  the hard work I did and hte camera's vid to share. here is a  example for future  wan to  own or got no clue.  enjoy the shots and say man I could have gone that route.....

2020-1-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice comparison, thanks for posting.
2020-1-5
Use props
peiter
Second Officer
Denmark

TBH i prefer the OA, the GP8 just seem to be trying too hard.
2020-1-5
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

The Action results were darker in two sections that I noticed.  Opening - boat(s) were almost not visible.  Similarly, when passing under a bridge the abutments were almost not visible.
2020-1-5
Use props
Tactical Trvlr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 255407 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for showing this comparison. I definitely prefer the OA over the GP8.  Are the settings exactly the same on both cameras in all these shots? I noticed you mentioned you didn't have a gimbal. I find this odd, because both of those cameras have amazing electronic image stabilization. Are you not using the EIS for some reason?
2020-1-5
Use props
peiter
Second Officer
Denmark

Yeah but rocksteady and hypersmooth don't work that well in low light, its better if they can see a lot, then they can do a lot.
Personally i am still going to pick up a gimbal so i can shoot HDR stabilized day or night.
2020-1-5
Use props
ebswift
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10299 ft
Australia

peiter Posted at 1-5 14:31
Yeah but rocksteady and hypersmooth don't work that well in low light, its better if they can see a lot, then they can do a lot.
Personally i am still going to pick up a gimbal so i can shoot HDR stabilized day or night.

I've been toying with the same idea, I want to be able to use ND filters and have stabilisation (causes the same issues as low light rocksteady).  I've held off in case a firmware update improves things.
2020-1-5
Use props
peiter
Second Officer
Denmark

I don't think it ever will, so thank god a usable gimbal are only 100 bucks or so.
I am only delaying getting a gimbal at the moment as all excess of my pension are poured into a massive upgrade of my computer, and that hole in the ground will gobble up money for some months to come.

Still need to buy 4 radiators - the plumbing and fittings, and a few materials for modifying the case that will house it all, and come up with a solution to do something about all the glass panels of the case.
2020-1-6
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

to much to type Lol
2020-1-6
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

I 4-got people lov to also type:

since the DOA  I will get yelled for that to, Dejeng-Inniovation Osmo Action Camera Model No.-E08FCF FW 01.07.00.20(7099):
The ISO  does not have a Min/Max in  Manual and that cost me my shots, I should have realized that, and I again overlooked it.  TheScenes in Miami is Blue at bayside Miami.  Rocksteady I did not want to Blurr, cause jitter, tc that  I knew would ruin the shots, and my Gimbal is not with me, so I did the best by hand holding and static then walk around.

I asked for advice in another thread   https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D696%26typeid%3D696  And  I thank you for    the questions and support with  a topic we (I) can learn from.   Tonight i am heading out to the Races, well lit, and that is where Rockstady will work .
2020-1-6
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Bottom line for me is:

DJI  Osmo Action   use Auto.   that will get my shot .
2020-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules