Mini firmware update
1573 14 2020-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bright Spark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

Hi just tried mini after new s/ware update. Update fast and smooth, about 8 mins. so much  easier   than spark with WiFi everywhere.
11 sats  acquired instantly before motors started.  Location triangle icon  much better response. Much improved. No need for DJI assistant or laptop.
All in all mini now my favourite!
2020-1-4
Use props
Cosmin Popa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 653 ft
Cyprus

guess u don't use a samsung s10+ then. Lucky u. I cannot use my mini, since the app won't even load on my phone. It used to work almost ok before the update (meaning it was sometimes failed to load). Now I can't get passed the white screen.
2020-1-4
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

Cosmin Popa Posted at 1-4 10:22
guess u don't use a samsung s10+ then. Lucky u. I cannot use my mini, since the app won't even load on my phone. It used to work almost ok before the update (meaning it was sometimes failed to load). Now I can't get passed the white screen.

Dont know what it is about the S10 but ive got an ancient S6 and it works really well. My daughter had it spare. Now solely there for the mini RC. NO PROBS WHATSOVER
2020-1-4
Use props
Burak C.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21814 ft
Turkey

My phone just got Android 10 and since the app does not support it, I am waiting for app to be compatible with Android 10
2020-1-4
Use props
Bright Spark
lvl.4
United Kingdom

guess u don't use a samsung s10+ then. Lucky u. I cannot use my mini, since the app won't even load on my phone. It used to work almost ok before the update (meaning it was sometimes failed to load). Now I can't get passed the white screen.

Well, it is a pain when your monitor is u/s.
I can see that dji cannot guarantee all possible   models will work
What I like about anything that needs some knowledge and effort is it’s never going to suit the public at large who want everything done for them.
I had a crystal sky and a Motorola  neither of which worked.
I could have 1   Bought a new phone
2 moaned  the crystal sky should work, or 3 give up and do something else.

2020-1-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Bright Spark. Thank you for sharing these information and for sharing your feedback with regards to the new firmware update of the DJI Mavic Mini. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2020-1-4
Use props
djiuser_6UKrx9OhRaK4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 112 ft
Netherlands

I have the same issue, I believe it is on Exynos version with android 10. Yesterday I picked up my son's Galaxy S8 and that works.
2020-1-5
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Why did you update your S10
2020-1-5
Use props
Burak C.
lvl.3
Turkey

Dirty Bird Posted at 1-5 01:44
I believe only Exynos-based models are affected.  If your S10/10e/10+ has a SnapDragon processor you should be ok.

I have Note 10+, yes i have the snapdragon version, bought from the US! But still i'm not sure about upgrading, since there is no downgrade.
2020-1-5
Use props
Burak C.
lvl.3
Turkey

Dirty Bird Posted at 1-5 08:35
I have an S10 running OneUI 2.0 on Android 10.  SnapDragon model.  Works fine.  The SnapDragon Note 10 should be fine too.

Thank you for the info, I will upgrade to android 10 then
2020-1-5
Use props
Cosmin Popa
lvl.1
Cyprus

Bright Spark Posted at 1-4 11:32
Well, it is a pain when your monitor is u/s.
I can see that dji cannot guarantee all possible   models will work
What I like about anything that needs some knowledge and effort is it’s never going to suit the public at large who want everything done for them.

What if I told you this is the one and only app which fails to run on my phone?
What if I told u I cannot affort buying a phone to fix a problem it shouldn't be there, since, I'm gonna repeat it: the problems started with the software updates DJI has released on 31st.
Thanks for the advice, although, I could have lived without it.
2020-1-6
Use props
Cosmin Popa
lvl.1
Cyprus

Bigplumbs Posted at 1-5 01:36
Why did you update your S10

Why would anyone update their software? Phone software, pc software, drone software?
Why? yeah. It's ridiculous how people upgrade their things lol
2020-1-6
Use props
Savage3006
lvl.4
Flight distance : 156709 ft
United States

Good to hear enjoy your Mini!!!!!!
2020-1-6
Use props
Bright Spark
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Cosmin Popa Posted at 1-6 05:21
What if I told you this is the one and only app which fails to run on my phone?
What if I told u I cannot affort buying a phone to fix a problem it shouldn't be there, since, I'm gonna repeat it: the problems started with the software updates DJI has released on 31st.
Thanks for the advice, although, I could have lived without it.

Please, I do not blame you. As I said mine didn’t   work either, even crystal sky.

2020-1-6
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cosmin Popa Posted at 1-6 05:23
Why would anyone update their software? Phone software, pc software, drone software?
Why? yeah. It's ridiculous how people upgrade their things lol

If it aint broke don't fix it
2020-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules