Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Malta with DJI #My 2019 Highlight
12Next >
2641 46 2020-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

This has to be my highlight of 2019. Commencing with a disaster due to user error and a firmware update to my Ronin S I didnt verify prior to travel. Malta had everything but a stable internet connection to rectify and refresh the FW so waited for my return home, bingo fixed.

Thankfully, my osmo pocket and mavic pro (version 1) saved the day and we had an epic time in malta. 200 hours plus of footage. DJI workhorses.
2020-1-4
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

Malta has outstanding locations throughout the length and breadth of the Islands for unique filming locations. As we we're limited to battery life, to assist the logistics of recharging we purchased an adata powerbank that allowed us to both recharge our osmo pocket and mavic pro batteries without the need to return to our hotel. Allowing us to film from early morning to early evening day. A hip bag for storage and to carry the weight of the power bank wasn't an issue.

It's important to note the average temprature in the shade was 38 degrees, so hot days and both the osmo pocket and mavic pro handled the heat with zero issues

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJA3uLRVD64]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B
2020-1-4
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

Double post

2020-1-4
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

The bgm makes me cheerful! Thanks for sharing the nice work! Happy new year~
2020-1-5
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Panda Posted at 1-5 19:19
The bgm makes me cheerful! Thanks for sharing the nice work! Happy new year~

Happy New Year DJI Panda

We are going back again this year and very much look forward to flying and filming. Our Ronins are going to be workhorses.
2020-1-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I love how bright and colourful your videos always are.
2020-1-7
Use props
ShermanFlyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 596896 ft
United States

As always, excellent work. Good luck
2020-1-7
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

DAFlys Posted at 1-7 07:22
I love how bright and colourful your videos always are.

Thanks buddy. Malta is rich and the colours pop. We matched the colour of our stills to our video in FXPX

going back this year for more torture,  its a hard life, sombody has to do it.
2020-1-7
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

ShermanFlyer Posted at 1-7 07:42
As always, excellent work. Good luck

Thanks buddy, appreciated
2020-1-7
Use props
ShermanFlyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 596896 ft
United States

M2Wair Posted at 1-7 13:29
Thanks buddy, appreciated

You!re welcome
2020-1-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

M2Wair Posted at 1-7 13:28
Thanks buddy. Malta is rich and the colours pop. We matched the colour of our stills to our video in FXPX

going back this year for more torture,  its a hard life, sombody has to do it.

We've been talking about a long weekend there in the summer.
2020-1-8
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

Malta is exceptional so we'll worth the vist. The average meal for two including beer is 30 euro, cheap as chips for 2 people.

Malta has so much to see and do you will be wishing you booked longer. Also stay in Sliema you are centralized and in the perfect location for restaurants and nightlife. It's exceptional.
2020-1-8
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

DAFlys Posted at 1-8 01:36
We've been talking about a long weekend there in the summer.
And if you do go, take your drones, cameras etc. Getting the right permissipns in place is easy. A simple self declaration form, a copy of your insurance and away you go.

That said there were plenty of unauthorized use of drones when I was there last time. We were asked once by a Maltese Policeman to land and verify authorisation, not that we needed to as we had clearance from the Maltese Aviation Authority, but hey, the uniform was enough to respect and obey his request. He seen our irish aviation authority stickers and insurance cert and spent an hour chatting away after telling yes fly away. He was sound and gave us ideas where to fly for scenes, so ended up great.

Uav forecast and DJIs own geofencing are accurate and realatively few no fly zones on the Islands. We sought permissions throughout and everybody we approached didnt have a single issue and granted permissions when filming specific locations and structures. Always worth being polite and approaching landowners, right.
2020-1-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

M2Wair Posted at 1-8 07:27
And if you do go, take your drones, cameras etc. Getting the right permissipns in place is easy. A simple self declaration form, a copy of your insurance and away you go.

That said there were plenty of unauthorized use of drones when I was there last time. We were asked once by a Maltese Policeman to land and verify authorisation, not that we needed to as we had clearance from the Maltese Aviation Authority, but hey, the uniform was enough to respect and obey his request. He seen our irish aviation authority stickers and insurance cert and spent an hour chatting away after telling yes fly away. He was sound and gave us ideas where to fly for scenes, so ended up great.

thanks for the info I will certainly look into it.
2020-1-8
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

DAFlys Posted at 1-8 07:41
thanks for the info I will certainly look into it.

My pleasure, it is fabulous. June and July can get very hot, so plenty of factor 50.
2020-1-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

M2Wair Posted at 1-8 08:03
My pleasure, it is fabulous. June and July can get very hot, so plenty of factor 50.

Out of interest, which insurance did you use?
2020-1-8
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

Coverdrone from the UK covers UK, Eire and worldwide.
2020-1-8
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

These guys.

https://www.dronecoverclub.co.uk/home?exref=SW1

2020-1-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice entry John!
2020-1-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

PS, I subscribed to your channel.
I'm trying to get my other channel up and running again.

Mine is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbCjRYJPyCfJDFQd5PsB7bQ?view_as=subscriber
2020-1-9
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

Montfrooij Posted at 1-9 00:27
Nice entry John!

Thanks buddy, appreciated.
2020-1-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

M2Wair Posted at 1-9 06:52
Thanks buddy, appreciated.

My pleasure!
2020-1-9
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

Montfrooij Posted at 1-9 00:27
PS, I subscribed to your channel.
I'm trying to get my other channel up and running again.

As soon as we launch the new channel later this year lots of new stuff. Much better stuff, even a train to look out for. Dancers, boxers, fishermen, models, and a fast supercar. Been fun, new cameras, gimbals
2020-1-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

M2Wair Posted at 1-9 06:56
As soon as we launch the new channel later this year lots of new stuff. Much better stuff, even a train to look out for. Dancers, boxers, fishermen, models, and a fast supercar. Been fun, new cameras, gimbals

Cool, looking forward!
2020-1-9
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

Montfrooij Posted at 1-9 07:03
Cool, looking forward!

Just added to yours, interesting stuff there. She has her eye on a slider now lol
2020-1-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

M2Wair Posted at 1-9 07:18
Just added to yours, interesting stuff there. She has her eye on a slider now lol

Thanks!
I would not recommend this one for 'regular' (normal speed) video though.
Buggy software, noisy motor and the effect for (normal speed) video is minimal.
It moves too slow, so I returned it.
2020-1-9
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

Montfrooij Posted at 1-9 07:22
Thanks!
I would not recommend this one for 'regular' (normal speed) video though.
Buggy software, noisy motor and the effect for (normal speed) video is minimal.

she's got her eye on something very expensive....... lol
2020-1-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

M2Wair Posted at 1-9 07:55
she's got her eye on something very expensive....... lol

They usually have
2020-1-9
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

Montfrooij Posted at 1-9 10:41
They usually have

I know right, her justification is buy cheap buy twice, so spend the cash first time round.

2020-1-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

M2Wair Posted at 1-9 13:33
I know right, her justification is buy cheap buy twice, so spend the cash first time round.

That is actually a good mantra
2020-1-10
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great work and good luck.
2020-1-10
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

Woe Posted at 1-10 06:46
Great work and good luck.

Thanks buddy, we are heading back this year lol The Ronins are going to get a proper workout, along with the mavic pro and osmo pocket.

I cant wait.
2020-1-10
Use props
Dorset_Horn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 93379 ft
United Kingdom

Back in the day I toured Malta with a cricket team! These were some nice memories, and those overflights were so crisp!
Checking your YouTube channel for a sub.
2020-1-10
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

Dorset_Horn Posted at 1-10 10:18
Back in the day I toured Malta with a cricket team! These were some nice memories, and those overflights were so crisp!
Checking your YouTube channel for a sub.

Thanks buddy, new channel is coming later this year with better content.

Malta is an outstanding location, our drones, gimbals, osmo pocket took a hammering but managed the workflow we threw at them in challanging heat. Outstanding products. We are heading back this year and cant wait. Our DJI gear is going to get a good workout. We learnt a few lessons and have changed our shooting style, very exciting time for us. Our Ronins took a while to get used to, but well worth the learning curve. Its been fun.
2020-1-10
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

M2Wair Posted at 1-10 08:16
Thanks buddy, we are heading back this year lol The Ronins are going to get a proper workout, along with the mavic pro and osmo pocket.

I cant wait.

Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with.
2020-1-10
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

Woe Posted at 1-10 19:20
Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with.

We've got a couple of international ballet dancers booked for a dance shoot staged on the battlements of a fort overlooking grand harbour. A logistical nightmare to set up, the Maltese tourist board put us onto the right departments.  A copy of our insurance policy and the correct permissions sought and in place and were good to go.

I just wish i could get the inspire there but may just get a mavic pro 2 for this shoot in particular. Nothing wrong with my mavic pro original, but the reviews on the pro 2 are giving me itchy fingers.

The gear we are taking Ronin S, Ronin SC, mavic pro, mavic air, osmo pocket, osmo action are going to be put through their paces. Heat, prolonged use, two weeks of fun. WATCH THIS SPACE.
2020-1-11
Use props
ernie_e
lvl.4
Flight distance : 299380 ft
United States

Nice footage.
2020-1-11
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

ernie_e Posted at 1-11 12:33
Nice footage.

Thanks, appreciated
2020-1-12
Use props
Dorset_Horn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 93379 ft
United Kingdom

M2Wair Posted at 1-11 03:00
We've got a couple of international ballet dancers booked for a dance shoot staged on the battlements of a fort overlooking grand harbour. A logistical nightmare to set up, the Maltese tourist board put us onto the right departments.  A copy of our insurance policy and the correct permissions sought and in place and were good to go.

I just wish i could get the inspire there but may just get a mavic pro 2 for this shoot in particular. Nothing wrong with my mavic pro original, but the reviews on the pro 2 are giving me itchy fingers.

Can't wait!
2020-1-12
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

Dorset_Horn Posted at 1-12 07:49
Can't wait!

I would go tomorrow, but just getting all the relevant insurances sorted (paid up) and in reciept of the certs (you need them) thankfully we got the permissions for shooting on the ramparts through this morning. No hassle no issues, our risk assessment was thorough enough. 3 months to set up and organise...... mostly what if scenarios

So proper planning is essential so if anybody needs pointers on how to set up and apply just ask away.
2020-1-13
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules