12Next >
29656 41 2020-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DaDesasta
lvl.2
Flight distance : 141 ft
Austria

So I have a Pocket that I wasn't using for a few weeks but now want to use again. Tried to turn it on but no luck, thought:' Ok battery is probably just very low so I'll charge it for a bit.' So plugged it in and waited for a couple of hours. I got a green blinking light but even after a full day it won't turn on.

I've read in a few posts that sometimes the SD Card does some weird stuff on powerup so I removed that, no luck. I tried connecting it to my phone and turning it on, no luck.
So I'm not really sure what could happen over the course of a few weeks sitting on a shelf. It was never used in extreme condition, so I can rule out water and dust ingress.

I'm up for any tips at the moment...

2020-1-4
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

The manual suggests leaving the Pocket with around a 40% charge if left unused for any length of time.
Can you remember the charge it had left when you used it last?
Too low and it may not be able to be recharged.
2020-1-4
Use props
DaDesasta
lvl.2
Austria

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 1-4 18:18
The manual suggests leaving the Pocket with around a 40% charge if left unused for any length of time.
Can you remember the charge it had left when you used it last?
Too low and it may not be able to be recharged.

As far as I can remember I had it around 50-60% when I left it because I have used it before I put it on the shelf. It was definitly not drained completly.
2020-1-5
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Between 40-60% should be fine. I leave mine for weeks, sometimes over a month with that amount of charge. I would use the support button to contact DJI direct.
sometimes support from admin here can take a while.
2020-1-5
Use props
BckGrp
lvl.1
United States

You may want to gently move the gimbal around. I had issues in starting up after a couple weeks of idleness. After I did that a couple of times it started up fine. It was putting itself in to a safe mode because the fumble was locked up

Hopefully this helps
2020-1-6
Use props
DaDesasta
lvl.2
Austria

BckGrp Posted at 1-6 05:49
You may want to gently move the gimbal around. I had issues in starting up after a couple weeks of idleness. After I did that a couple of times it started up fine. It was putting itself in to a safe mode because the fumble was locked up

Hopefully this helps

Sadly not, the gimbal was moving freely before so it didn't lock itself in some way. I moved it around a little but nothing happened.
2020-1-7
Use props
djiuser_QD20pWwv23hU
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2043314 ft
United States

I'm having the same issue.  Did you ever find a solution?
2020-6-27
Use props
djiuser_A5d0kOd1HEww
New

Philippines

Same issue with my dji osmo pocket. Any tips?
2020-7-26
Use props
Muhammad Isman
New
Indonesia

BckGrp Posted at 2020-1-6 05:49

Hopefully this helps

I manually move the gimbal, and it on !. Thank you.

Note: I still have to recharge my DJI Pocket 2 because it is only 17%.
2021-2-14
Use props
lemonmore3fm
lvl.1

Australia

2021-5-23
Use props
DaDesasta
lvl.2
Austria

lemonmore3fm Posted at 5-23 19:20

Sadly not... I now use it as a paperweight... It was just out of warranty so I would have had to pay for shipping to dji, the repair and the shipping back... That was just not worth it in my eyes.

Also considering I got a bigger camera + gimbal I didn't have the need to use it. Have you tried the suggestion vom Ray-CubeAce?
2021-5-25
Use props
lemonmore3fm
lvl.1

Australia

DaDesasta Posted at 5-25 12:27
Sadly not... I now use it as a paperweight... It was just out of warranty so I would have had to pay for shipping to dji, the repair and the shipping back... That was just not worth it in my eyes.

Also considering I got a bigger camera + gimbal I didn't have the need to use it. Have you tried the suggestion vom Ray-CubeAce?

Thanks for your quick reply. My one was out of warranty as well, but I am going to try the repair service. I guess it might be the battery issue. the price looks okay.https://repair.dji.com/repair/price-inquiry
2021-5-25
Use props
DaDesasta
lvl.2
Austria

lemonmore3fm Posted at 5-25 17:13
Thanks for your quick reply. My one was out of warranty as well, but I am going to try the repair service. I guess it might be the battery issue. the price looks okay.https://repair.dji.com/repair/price-inquiry

If it's the battery yes. The thing that led me to not send it in was that the battery seemed to be intact as far as I could check from the outside. It took enough Amps when I plugged in my USB tester to power the Pocket and charge it.

I suspected it to be the Motherboard and that would be far too costly to repair if I send it in.
2021-5-26
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

DaDesasta Posted at 5-26 22:28
If it's the battery yes. The thing that led me to not send it in was that the battery seemed to be intact as far as I could check from the outside. It took enough Amps when I plugged in my USB tester to power the Pocket and charge it.

I suspected it to be the Motherboard and that would be far too costly to repair if I send it in.

If it is the motherboard, and the repair cost is too much, it could simply be DJI's paperweight rather than your own. But, if it is the battery, ...
2021-5-26
Use props
AronAbella
lvl.1

Spain

Hello everyone, I have the same problem my osmo poket I have used it a little, I plug it in and charge the battery, green light flashes every 3 seconds, but it does not turn on, I cannot turn it on or leaving the buttons pressed, this is a common fault I am looking on the internet and there is about 20% of this model with that bug .. I don't know who has dji in the forum .. but please give us a solution as it is your bug! and if someone has solved it please explain it!
Thank you.
2021-10-20
Use props
frkk
New

Peru

Try to turn on after a few months but have the same problem, when plug it in just getting the green light flashing.
2022-2-13
Use props
DaDesasta
lvl.2
Austria

As far as I know, and from what I've tried your best bet is probably to just send it in to DJI and let them service it.
2022-2-13
Use props
djiuser_y7nKbyqB14bQ
New

Brazil

Hi there,
I bought my Osmo Pocket 2 in last November. The first two months, I used the camera very easily, even though I experienced many times some issues with the powering on. In a first moment, after charging I could use it, but if I tried to powering on the next day it wouldn't turn on, even though I knew it had enough battery. So I began to connect it to power, and then the camera powered on and I could use it. That happened at least 5 times.
But today Pocket 2 stop powering on, even after charging it. Now the green light keeps blinking but Pocket 2 doesn't turn on.
I'm very worried that this wont fix, so anybody found a solution to this?
Cheers,
2022-3-16
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

The odds might be better if you post this on the "Pocket 2" forum.  
Pocket 2 Forum
2022-3-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_y7nKbyqB14bQ Posted at 3-16 12:13
Hi there,
I bought my Osmo Pocket 2 in last November. The first two months, I used the camera very easily, even though I experienced many times some issues with the powering on. In a first moment, after charging I could use it, but if I tried to powering on the next day it wouldn't turn on, even though I knew it had enough battery. So I began to connect it to power, and then the camera powered on and I could use it. That happened at least 5 times.
But today Pocket 2 stop powering on, even after charging it. Now the green light keeps blinking but Pocket 2 doesn't turn on.

Hello, there. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused. Could you please provide us with a video regarding this issue for us to do a double-check? You could upload them to Google Drive/ Dropbox and send the link to us.
2022-3-17
Use props
wescandela
New

United States

I have tried to turn this on after charging it for three days and no matter what I do it will not turn on please help if you can thanks
2022-4-19
Use props
djiuser_GhH6SfaVIQKD
lvl.1

Turkey

Thanks for the explanation
2022-6-5
Use props
djiuser_5XjomwkhtgBi
New

United States

i know this is a very late reply but I HAVE FOUND A SOLUTION.
this post is top of the google searches so i hope others can read this.
My Osmo pocket was sufferring the same 'not switching on and green flashy light'. after many attempts to recharge i pulled the charge cable in and out many times in quick succession and noticed the green light changed to a flashy red one. after this, pressing any buttons restarted the flashing red light. i repeated this many many times to discharge the battery a little and PRESTO - it switched on. clearly a bug with charging sensor.
i have now kept the Osmo pocket on to fully discharge the battery, after another short recharge it switched on first time.
2023-5-12
Use props
DaDesasta
lvl.2
Austria

djiuser_5XjomwkhtgBi Posted at 5-12 14:46
My Osmo pocket was sufferring the same 'not switching on and green flashy light'. after many attempts to recharge i pulled the charge cable in and out many times in quick succession and noticed the green light changed to a flashy red one. after this, pressing any buttons restarted the flashing red light. i repeated this many many times to discharge the battery a little and PRESTO - it switched on. clearly a bug with charging sensor.

Huh... I did not expect to get something close-ish to a solution after so many years ^^. I'll test this later today and report back if it worked!
2023-5-15
Use props
DaDesasta
lvl.2
Austria

djiuser_5XjomwkhtgBi Posted at 5-12 14:46
My Osmo pocket was sufferring the same 'not switching on and green flashy light'. after many attempts to recharge i pulled the charge cable in and out many times in quick succession and noticed the green light changed to a flashy red one. after this, pressing any buttons restarted the flashing red light. i repeated this many many times to discharge the battery a little and PRESTO - it switched on. clearly a bug with charging sensor.

Ok after fiddling around with it all of yesterday, nothing... the Pocket just get's a bit warm were I assume the charging circuitry is located but nothing else. Do you still know how many times you did your plugging/unplugging?
2023-5-15
Use props
djiuser_5XjomwkhtgBi
New

United Kingdom

DaDesasta Posted at 5-15 21:18
Ok after fiddling around with it all of yesterday, nothing... the Pocket just get's a bit warm were I assume the charging circuitry is located but nothing else. Do you still know how many times you did your plugging/unplugging?

Out of frustration, i was connecting the charging cable at very slighly different angles in case there was an issue with the usb-c socket. I must of tried this 10-15 times. Eventually this gave the different flashing red light.
It maybe luck and be careful not the cause any damage but if it is a 'paper weight' youve nothing to loose.
2023-5-25
Use props
djiuser_mAnmpCmDd7KW
New

United States

I would never buy this crap again.. dji should give money back for the ... they sell. Green light flashing while charging and the camera is not turning on. People have too many issues with it and everyone should get refund or fixing for free ... Sorry but this thing is totally not worth the money. Scam..
2023-11-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_mAnmpCmDd7KW Posted at 11-23 07:24
I would never buy this crap again.. dji should give money back for the ... they sell. Green light flashing while charging and the camera is not turning on. People have too many issues with it and everyone should get refund or fixing for free ... Sorry but this thing is totally not worth the money. Scam..

Hi. We deeply apologize for what you are experiencing. Please make sure that it is being powered on correctly. Press and hold the Power/Function button for one second to power it on or off. Please check whether the device battery level is enough. If it is low, it is recommended to charge it for 1 hour before turning it on. If the power is sufficient and the operation is correct, but still cannot be turned on, please send it back to us. You can request our Return & Refund Service: Within 14 calendar days of receiving a product if the product has no manufacturing defect, and is still in new or like-new condition. You can also submit a repair request at https://repair.dji.com/. The warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the assessment including the warranty period of your unit. We appreciate your great support.
2023-11-25
Use props
djiuser_05xbMK9hWBah
New

New Zealand

I have now bought 2 of these and they are both paperweights now. I will never buy dji stuff ever again. Pieces of crap.
2023-12-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_05xbMK9hWBah Posted at 12-7 17:18
I have now bought 2 of these and they are both paperweights now. I will never buy dji stuff ever again. Pieces of crap.

Hi. Sorry about the trouble. May I know what issue are you experiencing? We are more than glad to help.
2023-12-12
Use props
djiuser_KJOPsjctvmes
New

Singapore

Hi, i have a dji pocket 2, but cant turn on, i already charging and the led blink on green 3 times, but still cant turn on, please any one to help me

2023-12-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_KJOPsjctvmes Posted at 12-15 00:01
Hi, i have a dji pocket 2, but cant turn on, i already charging and the led blink on green 3 times, but still cant turn on, please any one to help me

Hello there. Do you turn it on by pressing the power button and then pressing and holding it? Please check whether the device battery level is enough. If it is low, it is recommended to charge it for 1 hour before turning it on. Keep us posted. Have a great day ahead.
2023-12-17
Use props
fans0c6c1ced
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I think the power off sequence of op2 is a very critical step. Yes, it is there to keep the gimbal in reduced size before putting the camera in the hard case. But I think this about 3 axis motor in mechanical lock for almost 15 seconds is a very big burden to the op2 cameras. The battery drain current perhaps so high during this all motors lock up position, it can drain the battery badly and can trigger battery protection which prevents from battery from charging ever again even though it shows green blinks...

I don't think it is advisable since Li-ion batteries can be dangerous, but, as djiuser_5XjomwkhtgBi mentioned, multiple attempts of charging may enable charging the op2s that are effected by this. Because each time it is plugged in, even if the battery voltage is too low for normal charging, it may attempt the actual charging for only a very short time... After multiple tries, battery can built enough voltage to get the op2  out of protection mode, and system normal charging and power on may happen.

I think one big favor DJI can do to us is reduce the time that gimbal system locks when power is turned off to 6 seconds.  with a new firmware to reduce the risk of the permanent damage to op2 induced by this power off sequence.
2023-12-19
Use props
amelia kate
New

Pakistan

I hope this finds you well. I'm currently facing a perplexing issue with my Osmo Pocket,and I'm reaching out to the community in the hope that someone might have encountered a similar problem or has insights to share.

2023-12-19
Use props
amelia kate
New

Pakistan

https://my....point.com/name-a-kitchen-appliance/
2023-12-19
Use props
amelia kate
New

Pakistan

https://my....point.com/
2023-12-19
Use props
Radi Moustafa
New

United States

DaDesasta Posted at 2021-5-25 12:27

How much did they charge you, if you don’t mind sharing? And how long did it take?
2023-12-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Radi Moustafa Posted at 12-30 23:46
How much did they charge you, if you don’t mind sharing? And how long did it take?

Hi, Radi. The Repair Service will be completed within 5 working days after DJI receives your product. DJI will send you an email providing you with a quotation after the damage assessment. From there you can decide whether to continue with the repair or ship the product back to you. Here is the link to submit a repair request: https://repair.dji.com/us/repair/index. Have a great day ahead.
2023-12-31
Use props
fans0ab5a15a
lvl.1

United States

Is there a video showing how to replace the Osmo pocket battery?
1-8 13:06
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans0ab5a15a Posted at 1-8 13:06
Is there a video showing how to replace the Osmo pocket battery?

Hi there. The Osmo Pocket battery cannot be replaced. For safety considerations, it is not recommended to repair the DJI product by yourself. You may submit a repair request and send the Osmo Pocket to DJI. Please use this link: https://repair.dji.com/. Have a nice day ahead.
1-8 23:41
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules