Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gildo!
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1735942 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hello,

After the latest firmware update my range is limited to half of the previous range in distance.

Checking the transmission frequency showed that I am now on 5.8 Ghz.

Is there a possiblility to change it back to 2.4 to get the longer range again?

When I change to manual in Transmission the controller resets to 2.4, but sadly picks up 5.8 GHz again.

It seems it doesn't let me change it...

Am I missing a setting or something?

2020-1-5
Use props
spanzetta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1124738 ft
Italy

I cannot say that this is caused by latest FW as I am at my first fligts (all with latest FW).. but I also noticed today that I was in 5.8Ghz while I was in completelly open area (no building) so with no interference at all.. I realized that because I lost connection after "only" 380mt..
Why it didn't set automatically to 2.4Gz to get longer distance?
OK. my fault that I didn't check before.. but if it's true that even in Manual it still stay at 5,8GHz it would be a problem..
Tomorrow I will try to "force" to 2.4Ghz.. but I wonder WHY SHOULD I DO that if there is no interference?
Is it 5.8Ghz the preferred band independly by the area/potential interference?

2020-1-5
Use props
Gildo!
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

spanzetta Posted at 1-5 09:46
I cannot say that this is caused by latest FW as I am at my first fligts (all with latest FW).. but I also noticed today that I was in 5.8Ghz while I was in completelly open area (no building) so with no interference at all.. I realized that because I lost connection after "only" 380mt..
Why it didn't set automatically to 2.4Gz to get longer distance?
OK. my fault that I didn't check before.. but if it's true that even in Manual it still stay at 5,8GHz it would be a problem..

Before the update I flew in 2.4GHz, after the update it suddenly was 5.8...

I flew in the same area; only  I could fly half the distance...

Anybody else having this?
2020-1-5
Use props
Jake Fox
lvl.1

Netherlands

Gildo! Posted at 1-5 11:28
Before the update I flew in 2.4GHz, after the update it suddenly was 5.8...

I flew in the same area; only  I could fly half the distance...

I also have the same issue, can only select 5,8Ghz on the application.
i live in the netherlands, and cannot find anything regarding law changes that have been made.
it also shows that the model im using under specifications of the sale website where i bought it,
that it should be having 2,4ghz and 5,8ghz. but to no avail.

I hope this is just a mistake in the last update (1.06) of the app on the phone.

-jake
2020-1-25
Use props
Gildo!
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

Jake Fox Posted at 1-25 14:31
I also have the same issue, can only select 5,8Ghz on the application.
i live in the netherlands, and cannot find anything regarding law changes that have been made.
it also shows that the model im using under specifications of the sale website where i bought it,

Hi Jake,

The next day mine was showing 2.4 again...

Did not make a difference with the range for flying though...

Strange...
2020-1-26
Use props
IMA_djiuser
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15633 ft
Canada

After reading this I checked my app and it too shows 2.4gHz. I then downgraded the firmware and app back to 1.0.3 and it shows the signal at 5.8gHz.

I think I'll just leave it at that rev until this gets sorted out.
2020-1-26
Use props
IMA_djiuser
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15633 ft
Canada

Ooops. I think I may have misread this post. Switching back to the latest rev.
Sorry for that.
2020-1-26
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Flight distance : 189659 ft
Germany

It dosend matter what Firmware you use. You have to switch to "manual" and select one of the lower channels.
When you set it manual to 2.4 ghz the automatic will select also 2.4 ghz next times you fly when in the 2.4 ghz channels are no interferences.
To me it seems that the automatic selects channels "near" the last used channel.
I would also like that the autiomatic trys to select 2.4 ghz channels first and only when they are not free, switch to 5.8 ghz and on next try do the same.
2020-1-26
Use props
jonny007
lvl.4
Germany

I think something is mixed up here or I'm meanwhile confused. ;-) It was primarily about that ONLY the 5.8 GHz band can be selected, but NOT the 2.4 and apparently after the firmware and / or app update.
2020-1-26
Use props
jonny007
lvl.4
Germany

IMA_djiuser Posted at 1-26 10:07
Ooops. I think I may have misread this post. Switching back to the latest rev.
Sorry for that.

Mooooment, recent, new, last, actual ... which one? Talk to us in numbers. You have which app and firmware version and which one works and does the frequency bands display correctly ?
2020-1-26
Use props
Zelmani
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1555833 ft
Germany

As far as I know you cannot select bands, you can only select channels when in manual mode. For CE version, you can either choose one of the 5.8 GHz channels on the right or one of the 2.4 GHz channels on the left. What's displayed in the band section depends on the (manually or automatically) selected  channel.
2020-1-26
Use props
jonny007
lvl.4
Germany

Gildo! Posted at 1-26 09:00
Hi Jake,

The next day mine was showing 2.4 again...

But you can't confirm that it's because of the firmware or app version ? As I wrote in the other thread, I could never confirm that, because I am at 1.03 both in the app and in the firmware, but I'm interested in that. But according to some statements, the bug only appeared with version 1.04. But now not anymore ? Strange. An error that only occurs from time to time is always worse than an error that occurs continuously.
2020-1-26
Use props
jonny007
lvl.4
Germany

Zelmani Posted at 1-26 11:09
As far as I know you cannot select bands, you can only select channels when in manual mode. For CE version, you can either choose one of the 5.8 GHz channels on the right or one of the 2.4 GHz channels on the left. What's displayed in the band section depends on the (manually or automatically) selected  channel.

You can't choose anything in Auto Mode, that's right, that's why it's auto. In manual mode I can select a single channel from the 2 different bands. If I choose e.g. 9 then that is of course the 2.4 GHz band or 149, then it is 5.8 GHz. The problem as I understood it was, that the 2.4 GHz was NOT available even in manual mode. But somehow that seems to have solved itself now, very strange.
2020-1-26
Use props
djiuser_LQAfJ104aWL7
lvl.1

Greece

I cant change it. Foto below is what it shows me
Screenshot_20230311-140930.jpg
2023-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules