Brand new Mavic Air Help
1222 19 2020-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans656ec042
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44872 ft
United Kingdom

Hi I have had drones for two years this is my 3rd Dji one and now have a mavic Air.  Had it for Xmas and took it for it's 2nd flight today this time used sport mode and seemed to fly great but I got an error while desendending from 119m at around 80m.

Never seen this on my spark and read things that could indicate the drone is faulty so urgent advice would help.

MOTOR CURRENT ERROR CHECK YOUR PROPELLERS AND FLY WITH CAUTION

82291881_10158068754558408_5927765496588926976_n (1).jpg
2020-1-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. I am sorry  to know that you are having issues with your new DJI Mavic Air. Can you please try to restore and refresh the firmware of the said drone using the DJI Assistant 2. After using the application, please reboot the aircraft to see if the issue will persist. However, if it would be the same result, I would recommend you to contact our DJI Support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further evaluation. Thank you.

2020-1-5
Use props
fans656ec042
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Why would a  brand new drone have this error ?  It has the latest firmware and only at moment seems to occur in sports mode and never had this error on my DJI spark. Why would re-doing the firmware fix it ?
2020-1-5
Use props
fans656ec042
lvl.2
United Kingdom

fans656ec042 Posted at 1-5 08:24
Why would a  brand new drone have this error ?  It has the latest firmware and only at moment seems to occur in sports mode and never had this error on my DJI spark. Why would re-doing the firmware fix it ?

Software does not work on my iphone 7 or find the drone
2020-1-5
Use props
fans656ec042
lvl.2
United Kingdom

fans656ec042 Posted at 1-5 08:40
Software does not work on my iphone 7 or find the drone

Ignore loading on PC now
2020-1-5
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Had this a couple of times only when flying fast/hard - never shows when filming ie gentle slow flying - It can be over sensitive with the warnings especially the strong wind one _ Just keep an eye on it its not a problem.
2020-1-5
Use props
fans656ec042
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I’ve noticed one motor has less magnetic resistance when you turn it and is noticeable. Sounds like a faulty motor been advised by retailer to return it fir replacement it’s only done two flights
2020-1-5
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had that on my Air before, either reloading the software and or landing it and turning everything off and back on again will usually get rid of this message.
2020-1-5
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

Assuming mavic air purely stock no propulsion nor augmentation changes, ask yourself what causes the repository chip to lose original code laid?
Fix that propensity corrupting code.
Then pilots will experience reduced humbug, yes?
The invent of esc broods compensatory amends, to imbalanced propulsion architectures, typically those rare earth motor magnets guass unmatched, only reduces proficiency. Think stronger rare earth magnets equates to reduced amperes consumed for identical propel. Surely the microprocessor churns out more instructs with magnets unmatched to all fours. Similarly under transient command, more instructions would be necessary by the indiffering field magnets equivalently unbalanced arm thrusting per unit of consumed ampere.
2020-1-5
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

When opportuned press the landed craft's canning against your cheek, check 'em all.
My mavic air stern motor cannings warm my cheeks but bow cannings are cold to the cheek, why after landing is this asymmetrical?
So I fly mavic air backwards total battery fligjt to affirm bow cannings would be warm and stern cannings cold.
But it's the same, stern cannings are the warm and bow cold.
2020-1-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

cutis Posted at 1-5 14:54
Assuming mavic air purely stock no propulsion nor augmentation changes, ask yourself what causes the repository chip to lose original code laid?
Fix that propensity corrupting code.
Then pilots will experience reduced humbug, yes?

Very helpful.   thanks for posting.
2020-1-6
Use props
Monk32
lvl.3
Flight distance : 50915 ft
Greece

The system has been programmed to sence and care about motors and props working conditions. So if  some flight conditions force motors to react in an over demanding case, system just activate the message programmed to do. So this particular message appears not only in a motor's problem but in cases like a strong wind or a suden reaction needed to overcome external force trying to diverse drone's cituation. In this case motor is sometime over speeding momentarily, and this is the reason system sends the message. I had twice the same message once flying in strong wind gusts, and the second testing the M.A. with the Spark props on it. So don't be sceptical of that if appears in normal operating cituations, like sport mode in strong wind conditions or when you fly with props other that the originals. In these cases system just acts reading different measures than expected.
2020-1-6
Use props
fans656ec042
lvl.2
United Kingdom

thanks for the info. I agree with what your are saying but day was calm with No wind. I showed to the dealer and he noted 1 of props seemed very weak on rotation so has done a full exchange for another. One thing I have noticed is on the 2nd the drone the cable for USB is flat not round. The original Mavic a friend brought came with a flat cable so although new does it mean it could be an older model than the one I've exchanged. Also how can you tell the manufacture date ?
2020-1-6
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

Trigger of warn is by ampere sentinel watching exceedance.
Surely hysterisis effects are in play for that setpoint actuating warns. And there is setpoint setting tolerance, the enveloped plus or minus margin for setpoint resetting and clearing upon recovery.
2020-1-6
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

fans656ec042 Posted at 1-6 11:42
thanks for the info. I agree with what your are saying but day was calm with No wind. I showed to the dealer and he noted 1 of props seemed very weak on rotation so has done a full exchange for another. One thing I have noticed is on the 2nd the drone the cable for USB is flat not round. The original Mavic a friend brought came with a flat cable so although new does it mean it could be an older model than the one I've exchanged. Also how can you tell the manufacture date ?

Stock is fine no indifference.
Be careful plugging male, its orientation awareness lest you'll damage receptacle or plug.
Here the production year query.
http://tools.retroroms.info/
2020-1-6
Use props
AndyAir
lvl.2
United Kingdom

So this is odd.!!!

My Faulty done - Model: Unknown, build on: 17. April 2019

replacement Model: Unknown, build on: 24. January 2018

Where the hell has this drone been surely it's at risk of being bad. I need some advice as the batteries are two years old before I've even flown it !
2020-1-6
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

Monk32 Posted at 1-6 04:05
The system has been programmed to sence and care about motors and props working conditions. So if  some flight conditions force motors to react in an over demanding case, system just activate the message programmed to do. So this particular message appears not only in a motor's problem but in cases like a strong wind or a suden reaction needed to overcome external force trying to diverse drone's cituation. In this case motor is sometime over speeding momentarily, and this is the reason system sends the message. I had twice the same message once flying in strong wind gusts, and the second testing the M.A. with the Spark props on it. So don't be sceptical of that if appears in normal operating cituations, like sport mode in strong wind conditions or when you fly with props other that the originals. In these cases system just acts reading different measures than expected.

Yes the esc constantly amends inequalities between pilot's desired flight demands as referenced in spatial orientation position thru satellite bearings. Large indifferences consumes large amperes delivering pilot's command. Normally the powerhouse can provide ample current. But we don't know whether sustained high current will ruin current power transistors, they get hot feeding and cooling provisions skimped.
2020-1-6
Use props
AndyAir
lvl.2
United Kingdom

whole drone and batteries are from 2018 !!!  Apparently shipped direct from DJI to then so accoding to them it should not be that old.

I have checked all serials and they are 2018 and a battery's decent shelf life is only 2 years I know that from all my RC Racing !

Feeling pretty let down now and tempted to call it day on DJI drones if the next one is not good !
2020-1-6
Use props
Monk32
lvl.3
Flight distance : 50915 ft
Greece

fans656ec042 Posted at 1-6 11:42
thanks for the info. I agree with what your are saying but day was calm with No wind. I showed to the dealer and he noted 1 of props seemed very weak on rotation so has done a full exchange for another. One thing I have noticed is on the 2nd the drone the cable for USB is flat not round. The original Mavic a friend brought came with a flat cable so although new does it mean it could be an older model than the one I've exchanged. Also how can you tell the manufacture date ?

The original 2018 product comes with flat cable. I don't know if newer models have different kind of cable. I haven't seen round cable in M.A. yet.
Have also in mind that in a calm day there is no unusual to encounter a gusty condition up in some higher altitude. Zero wind speed in zero altitude doesn't means necessary the same in 200 meters high. And some turbulence always is possible anywhere.
2020-1-9
Use props
AndyAir
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi All can admin contact me someones changed my aircraft number on my DJI care from it's proper on to one I don't own.
2020-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules