7332 52 2020-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Murchx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 232126 ft
Latvia

Mgozer Posted at 3-19 23:52
I just gave a look at his videos and I cannot see any distortion.
It have to be said that it would take some specific tests to really say that (taking a picture of a geometric pattern, for example), but from his videos, it seems all ok.

My whole attention is focused on the horizon when it's close to the edge of the frame.
By the way, I've created a lens profile with Adobe Lens Profile Creator - not perfect, but better than nothing.
2020-3-20
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

The lens has to be bigger to have no distortion.  It would throw it over the 250g limit.
2020-3-20
Use props
Murchx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 232126 ft
Latvia

Looks like problem fixed with firmware v01.00.0500, thanks  DJI.

2020-4-26
Use props
deathsquad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

They all do that. Even MP2 do that.
2020-4-26
Use props
Mgozer
Second Officer
Italy

Murchx Posted at 4-26 10:46
Looks like problem fixed with firmware v01.00.0500, thanks  DJI.

[view_image]

Great news!
I'll test it as well as soon as I can.
2020-4-26
Use props
Elias22
lvl.3
Flight distance : 105180 ft
Finland

I see it in my footage too. Maybe fixable in firmware but could also try correcting in editing.
2020-4-27
Use props
Mgozer
Second Officer
Italy

I just tested the new firmware and the issue is very very VERY reduced, almost absent at all.
I'm really happy now and want to thank DJI for fine tuning the image geometry so well.
I can say that now it takes a very sensitive eye to notice the minimum distortion of the image.

2020-5-1
Use props
Mastoid
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I have a Mini 2 and took a picture last night.

The far right has the local hospital chimney looking like it is the leaning tower of Pisa. Even the block of flats at the far right is very angled, as though ready to collapse.

Is this amount of distortion normal? it is horrendous.

It doesn’t take an expert eye to notice buildings that are nowhere near vertical. Just look at the tower block to the right of the hospital chimney.

0C6848F5-0204-49F8-B2F3-FF1A3624EDF6.jpeg
2021-6-17
Use props
Mgozer
Second Officer
Switzerland

Mastoid Posted at 6-17 04:31
I have a Mini 2 and took a picture last night.

The far right has the local hospital chimney looking like it is the leaning tower of Pisa. Even the block of flats at the far right is very angled, as though ready to collapse.

I can see some pincushion distortion, but to be sure, it takes to shoot a picture of a straight pattern, such as a bricks wall or a tiled floor.
2021-6-17
Use props
Mastoid
lvl.2
United Kingdom

To be sure doesn’t require a picture of graph paper or tiles.

I can be sure by looking with my eyes at the vertical chimney and then by looking at the photo of a nowhere-near-vertical chimney stack.

Maybe to quantify the amount of distortion, or to measure the angle of the distortion of  the image in that region would require a grid reference…

But to suggest that without that grid, one can’t be sure, isn’t right.
2021-6-24
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Mastoid Posted at 6-24 23:55
To be sure doesn’t require a picture of graph paper or tiles.

I can be sure by looking with my eyes at the vertical chimney and then by looking at the photo of a nowhere-near-vertical chimney stack.

Is your distortion a result of the wideangle lens being tilted ?
Post the original image and I'll be able to check.
2021-6-25
Use props
Mastoid
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 6-25 03:12
Is your distortion a result of the wideangle lens being tilted ?
Post the original image and I'll be able to check.

Do you mean the image in the album in the dji fly app? Or the image file from the sd card?

Would the lens be tilted if it was stabilising against a side wind? Cause I thought the horizon being flat meant the lens was horizontal
2021-6-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Mastoid Posted at 6-27 13:54
Do you mean the image in the album in the dji fly app? Or the image file from the sd card?

Would the lens be tilted if it was stabilising against a side wind? Cause I thought the horizon being flat meant the lens was horizontal

I mean the original, full-sized image from the SD card.

Cause I thought the horizon being flat meant the lens was horizontal
Don't assume anything.
Post the image and I can dig into the metadata to see the angle that the lens was pointed up, down or if it was horizontal.
2021-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules