Feature request
1331 10 2020-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rob_G
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56732 ft
Canada

Ok, so my vision isn't the greatest, so I use a Samsung S5E tablet to fly instead of a phone connected to the remote.  On tablet, some of the display information like battery level is still very small.  Add in a white overcast sky and white font being used on a white battery icon -, that makes it all very difficult to read the numbers.  There could be a few display options in the DJI Fly App:

- Increase font/icon size
- Change font colors.  Black might be more readable against most daytime sky conditions.
- Have a solid background on fonts, not transparent.  (like the No SDCard warning)

Look at the picture I attached and see how hard it is to read the battery level.  

Rob
Untitled.jpg
2020-1-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 for a great idea to change the color,  white on a sky background is a bit silly.
2020-1-6
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

You just need to make a shadow at the inscriptions in the form of a black thin border, then it will be visible on a dark and light background.
2020-1-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Rob. Thank you for reaching out and for these feature request for the DJI Mavic Mini and of the DJI Fly application.  I will cascade this information to the designated DJI department for further attention and evaluation. Thank you.
2020-1-6
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-6 07:39
Hello and good day Rob. Thank you for reaching out and for these feature request for the DJI Mavic Mini and of the DJI Fly application.  I will cascade this information to the designated DJI department for further attention and evaluation. Thank you.

I agree, that area of information needs to be either dynamic, add a border like Alevpi said would be pretty simple, and would probably be the simplest things to do, or maybe something dynamic that changes color as the background gets dark or light.
2020-1-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

This same issue has been mentioned in several threads and DJI Stephen previously stated it would be cascaded to the designated DJI department for further attention and evaluation.  The inability to read this important information could be considered a safety of flight issue and should be corrected expeditiously.  
2020-1-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

JodyB Posted at 1-6 08:32
I agree, that area of information needs to be either dynamic, add a border like Alevpi said would be pretty simple, and would probably be the simplest things to do, or maybe something dynamic that changes color as the background gets dark or light.

Hello and good day JodyB. Thank you for these information you have shared and for your insights with regards to this matter. Thank you for your valued support and fly safe always.
2020-1-6
Use props
DGAlex1971
lvl.1

Brazil

Perfect ideia... I was looking for a tablet to fly my MINI, but if you can't see much better even on a 10inch table, I will  give to buy one for me and I will wait these App suggestions be released
2020-2-21
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

+1 for a great idea to change the color,  white on a sky background is a bit silly.
2020-2-21
Use props
Steve Tron
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287001 ft
United Kingdom

+1 great idea
2020-2-21
Use props
Cal Evans
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85673 ft