smart controller vs stock - range, relaybility?
3916 7 2020-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
izotop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388763 ft

Slovenia

i have a chance to get smart controller, but i would really like to know, how good is range and overall signal relaybility with latest updates?
i've seen poeple complaing range falling even to 50% of original controller (yes, they all know hot to put antennas in position etc) which i find bad, also all the problems with updates etc. from simple logic - biggger batteries would mean also stronger signal and such, wha't the deal with that, is it true they delibrately weaken the signal to extent battery life?
anyhow, some real life input from users would be aprriciated, other then mentioned problems (and signal strenght/accuracy is a big of not the biggest deal in controller, imo) i find it very nice gizmo.

edit:
also another question (this is more for dji directly):
will be smart controller really future proof with incoming models and most of all, new eu legalstion, concerning new ce class certifications, transponders etc? beacuse all your curent drone models are not, at least for non-opened areas..

2020-1-6
Use props
Gjuro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1051375 ft
Croatia

SC In the suburbs about 3,600 m, and in the city 700 - 1000 m, depends. Zagreb, Croatia. I have no ordinary controller for comparison
2020-1-6
Use props
izotop
lvl.4

Slovenia

Gjuro Posted at 1-6 05:06
SC In the suburbs about 3,600 m, and in the city 700 - 1000 m, depends. Zagreb, Croatia. I have no ordinary controller for comparison

great, sounds ok (i wouldn't mind llitle bit more, but nevermind). any significant signal cut-offs, general usage problems etc?
thanks
2020-1-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day izotop. Thank you for reaching out and for the information you have shared. The DJI Smart Controller equipped with OcuSync 2.0 full-HD transmission technology, the DJI Smart Controller supports automatic switching between 2.4 Ghz and 5.8 Ghz, reducing the influence of environment interference on drone operation and image quality. This also ensures reliable long-range transmission at distance of up to 8 km. In addition I hope that you will get the best feedback from our valued DJI co pilots with regards to this matter. Thank you.
2020-1-6
Use props
akozc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Macao

On my experience, SC has more reliability for the distance and signal strength.
My stock controller ,inked  to the  Android or iOS  device,  always shows weak/weaker signal but never happens when I use  the SC at same location and same conditions.
2020-1-7
Use props
izotop
lvl.4

Slovenia

akozc Posted at 1-7 02:58
On my experience, SC has more reliability for the distance and signal strength.
My stock controller ,inked  to the  Android or iOS  device,  always shows weak/weaker signal but never happens when I use  the SC at same location and same conditions.

that's good to hear, thnx.
2020-1-7
Use props
izotop
lvl.4

Slovenia

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-6 09:23
Hello and good day izotop. Thank you for reaching out and for the information you have shared. The DJI Smart Controller equipped with OcuSync 2.0 full-HD transmission technology, the DJI Smart Controller supports automatic switching between 2.4 Ghz and 5.8 Ghz, reducing the influence of environment interference on drone operation and image quality. This also ensures reliable long-range transmission at distance of up to 8 km. In addition I hope that you will get the best feedback from our valued DJI co pilots with regards to this matter. Thank you.

thank you for information, can you please also answer about future models compatibility and new eu regulations confirmatory?
2020-1-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

izotop Posted at 1-7 05:18
thank you for information, can you please also answer about future models compatibility and new eu regulations confirmatory?

You are very much welcome izotop. With regards to this inquiry. As of the moment, we do not have any information regarding DJI future models compatibility and updates. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you for your support and fly safe always.
2020-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules