Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Maiden Flight FPV - FAIL! | Live & Learn
924 8 2020-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm just dipping my toes into the world of FPV.  My newest quad has the complete DJI FPV System built into it and is quite nice to look out.  However, getting this bird off the ground has been quite the learning curve.  I made one critical mistake during my 'Maiden Flight'.  Check out this video and hopefully it will save you guys some heart-ache as well.

Live & Learn.....staying positive...I know I'll get there.  I'd love to hear about your 1st FPV flight experience as well....I'm sure you guys/gals' have some great stories to share as well with what went wrong during your FPV flight(s).  

2020-1-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great information. I wasn't aware they would not be marked,  planning on getting into FPV in the summer.
2020-1-6
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-6 06:06
Great information. I wasn't aware they would not be marked,  planning on getting into FPV in the summer.

Yeah, all the videos I watched myself and this was never brought up so hadn't even thought about it. All the FPV props just come in plain packaging with no markings or instructions.  Hopefully it saves a few folks some heart ache.

I panicked a bit when my quad flipped.  I thought it was a bigger issue but at least it was an easy fix.  
2020-1-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good info!
Hard lesson.
2020-1-7
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 1-7 05:34
Good info!
Hard lesson.

Yep, but at least I know now...  
2020-1-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

RGMGFitness Posted at 1-13 12:46
Yep, but at least I know now...

Very true!
2020-1-13
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great info. thanks for sharing.
2020-1-15
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Woe Posted at 1-15 07:01
Great info. thanks for sharing.

Anytime...If nothing else it's a challenge learning to fly these guys.  
2020-1-16
Use props
Tom_A
lvl.4
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can’t just go by motor direction, that can be wrong too if it is not set up correctly in Betaflight. There is a diagram that shows the direction the motors should be turning in Betaflight configurator. Yo need to verify they spin this way. You can set reversed if you like running the props opposite, but that also requires setting the rotation direction using BL Heli Suite. You also need to verify that the motors spin up in the correct order. Use the motors tab with props off to do this. The quad can also flip out like this if the flight controller has been rotated but not configured to account for the rotation. You would probably not ruined a set of props if you had followed the Joshua Bardwell guid to doing a maiden flight.
2020-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules