16702 35 2020-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Debugger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4865846 ft
  • >>>
Greece

It sounds crazy to me that the app which records and edit the 2,7K videos of MM to have only 2 optios to save videos after editing in 720p and 1080p, but not in 2,7k
Pls fix it.

EDIT. I know that 1080p is more than enought for sharing but i'm not talking about sharing.
I download my files from AC to Phone, edit them and move them to my PC where I can watch them in my 27" monitor.

2020-1-6
Use props
WrongWay Feldman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19885 ft
United States

Are you editing the 2.7k video or the cached version? You have to download or transfer the 2.7k video from the drone to the phone for it to be available, otherwise you're working on a cached version which is 720p.

I haven't tried the editor but I wonder if it makes a difference which file you're editing?
2020-1-6
Use props
Debugger
Second Officer
  • >>>
Greece

WrongWay Feldman Posted at 1-6 06:26
Are you editing the 2.7k video or the cached version? You have to download or transfer the 2.7k video from the drone to the phone for it to be available, otherwise you're working on a cached version which is 720p.

I haven't tried the editor but I wonder if it makes a difference which file you're editing?

I download and edit the 2.7K files. I don't have any paid editor on my PC.

My question is why the app doesn't give me the option to save them in 2.7K after editing since it can handl and edit them.

2020-1-6
Use props
WrongWay Feldman
lvl.4
United States

A quick Google search suggests it's a hardware issue related to the phone not a DJI app issue. I did not delve too deeply but it appears that the DJI Go app also does not export to anything above 1080p. There is a lot of processor power needed to render 2.7k or 4k video. Rendering and viewing are two entirely different things.
2020-1-6
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for that info WrongWay Feldman. I always thought it was because I was editing what was in cache.
2020-1-6
Use props
fansbd5c48d6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1481995 ft
United States

Debugger Posted at 1-6 06:28
I download and edit the 2.7K files. I don't have any paid editor on my PC.

My question is why the app doesn't give me the option to save them in 2.7K after editing since it can handl and edit them.

For a PC try VideoPad. It is easy to use, fairly powerful and free.
2020-1-6
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

Debugger Posted at 1-6 06:28
I download and edit the 2.7K files. I don't have any paid editor on my PC.

The app only has the purpose of quickly cutting and sending a video with a relatively small file size and 1080p is more than good enough for that. The app is NOT for an elaborate semi-professional video editing with the highest resolution where storage space does not matter. There are countless, even free, video editors and editing on the PC is 10 times easier and more convenient anyway.

2020-1-6
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

WrongWay Feldman Posted at 1-6 07:01
A quick Google search suggests it's a hardware issue related to the phone not a DJI app issue. I did not delve too deeply but it appears that the DJI Go app also does not export to anything above 1080p. There is a lot of processor power needed to render 2.7k or 4k video. Rendering and viewing are two entirely different things.

That's not correct. I have other video apps which allow me to edit & export video up to 4k@60. Yet the DJI app still gives me a top resolution of 1080p. This is clearly an issue with their app and not the phones. Also, "not enough processor power" is not a valid reason. It would just take longer.
2020-1-6
Use props
Debugger
Second Officer
  • >>>
Greece

fansbd5c48d6 Posted at 1-6 07:37
For a PC try VideoPad. It is easy to use, fairly powerful and free.

It is just a free trial. Not free
2020-1-6
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

Ice_2k Posted at 1-6 08:00
That's not correct. I have other video apps which allow me to edit & export video up to 4k@60. Yet the DJI app still gives me a top resolution of 1080p. This is clearly an issue with their app and not the phones. Also, "not enough processor power" is not a valid reason. It would just take longer.

It is only a limited function, if one can say that at all, but not an "issue".
2020-1-6
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

Debugger Posted at 1-6 08:30
It is just a free trial. Not free

Shotcut, Open Shot (open source), Power Director LE, VSDC Free Video Editor (free)
2020-1-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

OpenShot is open source and works well.
2020-1-6
Use props
WrongWay Feldman
lvl.4
United States

I'm just going by a quick Google search.

Does DJI Go export to 2.7k or even 4k? My research says no so it would not surprise me that DJI Fly does not as well.

If you have apps that can export to 2.7k why not use those? Sorry, I just realized you were not the OP so that doesn't apply to you.

I also disagree with processor power, rendering takes considerable more processing power. If DJI limits the app to a select set of devices or doesn't test on every device and considering the problems people are having getting DJI Fly to run on some device can you imagine the tech support nightmare when people can't get their phone to edit and render 2.7k.

Maybe DJI recognizes that a phone is not the proper device to edit 2.7k or 4k video.
2020-1-6
Use props
djiuser_EhHGBH9YiqKE
New

Israel

hey man what is the name of the app you can adit up to 4k videos on the phone???

2020-8-24
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Bulgaria

djiuser_EhHGBH9YiqKE Posted at 8-24 10:51
hey man what is the name of the app you can adit up to 4k videos on the phone???

Videoleap, Adobe Premiere Rush just off the top of my mind
2020-8-27
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Bulgaria

djiuser_EhHGBH9YiqKE Posted at 8-24 10:51
hey man what is the name of the app you can adit up to 4k videos on the phone???

Videoleap, Adobe Premiere Rush just off the top of my mind
2020-8-27
Use props
Angus Oliver
New

Australia

Just by doing a quick search nearly to no phones support true 4k display  2160p. The latest one like Samsung s20 ultra and Oppo finder X Pro are 1440p. So you truly do need to export to a device that's is capable for (best results).
2020-9-30
Use props
amir_KING
First Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

If youre on windows, use the free video editer,  but not very powerful.
2020-10-2
Use props
amir_KING
First Officer
United States

amir_KING Posted at 10-2 10:47
If youre on windows, use the free video editer,  but not very powerful.

However, i use premier, so i dont know about saving in 2.7k.
2020-10-2
Use props
amir_KING
First Officer
United States

amir_KING Posted at 10-2 10:47
If youre on windows, use the free video editer,  but not very powerful.

For mac do IMovie
2020-10-2
Use props
djiuser_3x3AssdzyjQ1
New

Italy

WrongWay Feldman Posted at 1-6 07:01

I can export 4k60 footage in realtime on my 3 years old phone (with greenscreen, annmations,...) 2.7k30 shouldnmt be a problem. Even for the ios version, every iphone with the bewest ios has mire than enough power for that
2020-10-11
Use props
mpwobbly
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37500 ft
Australia

Yes you are correct and he is wrong. It is the app limitation. Nothing to do with using a cache copy of the file.
2020-11-6
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

Most mobile devices do not support 2.7K. Also, 2.7K & 4K are are processor intensive and are difficult for mobile devices to handle.  
2020-11-6
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Romania

JohnLietzke Posted at 11-6 17:58
Most mobile devices do not support 2.7K. Also, 2.7K & 4K are are processor intensive and are difficult for mobile devices to handle.

is this 2001? I don't know what you mean by "most mobile devices" but iPhones for instance have been handling 4K ever since the iPhone 6S. That's 2015 Starting with iPhone X (2017), 4K@60. Samsung added 4K the same year, 2015, on the Galaxy S6.
2020-11-8
Use props
itsdavesdrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

His point is a valid one. You have to download the HD files to edit them because the cache files are just cached from the video feed not the actual drone meaning any dropouts or transmission issues are present in them. So you edit everything in the fly app with the 2.7k HD files but cannot export them the same resolution.
2020-11-8
Use props
itsdavesdrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

JohnLietzke Posted at 11-6 17:58

I think you need to check your facts on that one lol...
2020-11-8
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

itsdavesdrone Posted at 11-8 12:39
I think you need to check your facts on that one lol...

You are correct.  
I was think about the processing cycles and hardware limitation of D-Cinelike in 4K.  After reading this article https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251802610 on 4K scaling.  But it appears the new phones are very good for editing videos.  I just tried it and it was less laggy than Final Cut on my Mac.  I had never tried doing it on my iPhone 11 bacause of my misconception of it's ablity due to this article.  

Will the phone rescale the video or keep it in the orginal aspects?

Thanks

2020-11-8
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

Try Shotcut, it is free and fairly fast.
2020-11-8
Use props
Lorz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34616 ft
Italy

Hi all,
what's your suggestion to give the best result using the DJI Fly App to edit the video? I made different tries with my Mini 2 but the problem is that with 1080p video also, the quality of edited videos is very poor. If i compare the original 1080p video and the edited video exported in 1080p the quality is very different and the edited video is bad. I'm using the latest version of the App on a Samsung Galaxy 10e, the hardware has a good performance. Any idea?
2021-1-10
Use props
Alice Rogers
lvl.1

India

Thanks for the very good sharing from you.
2021-4-11
Use props
Dji mini---2 fly
lvl.1
Flight distance : 190607 ft

Canada

Quand je film en 4 k ma video en cache et que je fais un montage avec l application dji fly et que je la telecharge dans mon portable et que je la mes sur you tube elle se telecharge en 4 k
2021-5-12
Use props
Yagami
lvl.1
Flight distance : 286624 ft
Switzerland

Rebuttal of most execuses above

1) Alot of people are questioning the capabilities of phone : I am using an iPhone 12 Pro Max, and still not being able to export 4K is a disappointment!
2) then there are people suggesting free softwares on PC:
       A) none of them are either not actually free (they have locked features inside); if at all free they are too complex, as compared to DJI Video editor
       B) when I am on a trip, I don't want to open a laptop to edit a video; I just want it easy and simple!
3) there are people saying, why do I need 4K, seriously?? 2021 still not the year where I want everything in 4K ?
2021-10-9
Use props
Kruzer1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 60410 ft
United States

After iOS update there is no longer an EDIT function on the APP???
Tried to update the APP and still not able to edit anything… no icon or option to edit.
PLEASE help me to find a way to make it work again.
2022-3-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Kruzer1 Posted at 3-11 11:06
After iOS update there is no longer an EDIT function on the APP???
Tried to update the APP and still not able to edit anything… no icon or option to edit.
PLEASE help me to find a way to make it work again.

There is editor on the app. Just go to album pick video/photo then “Create”

So
Album
Choose Video or Photo (although not much can be done with the photos)
Create for video
2022-3-11
Use props
Kruzer1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 60410 ft
United States

Thank you… I did that selected video and there is no edit button on the screen.
I have five iPhones that I use for video recording for DJI Minin-2 and ALL of them don;t work after iOS update.
Downloaded again and installed the APP and nothing changed.

Thank anyway for your reply
2022-3-12
Use props
djiuser_tRu8TA3eAOEK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 86486 ft

United States

Ice_2k Posted at 2020-1-6 08:00

What other editing apps would you recommend? I too have been having these kind of problems. Record in 4k then transfer and edit if on the fly app but it only exports 720 or 1080p. N unfortunately I do not have a computer so trying to see if there is still a way for me to edit and upload 4k videos.
2023-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules