Drone safety, new categorys and COFC qualifications
1440 4 2020-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Natastrophe
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I wonder if DJI will be restospectively "CE" approving their Drones. Currently my Mavic Mini is covered by thg drone code here in the UK, for example I cant fly within 50m of people, unless I have there consent.

The open category is most likely for hobiests...

caa-new-drone-categories-and-operating-areas.jpg

Under the new rules, from mid 2020 to 2022, the Mini wold seem to fall under the A1 category, possibly the A2, but it seems the drone may not be able to fly over people, even with a qualification. Has anyone unpicked the rules yet, as im confused. Is my drone essentially very limited after 2022, even if I get qualified?

More details below. What do you think of the changes folks?

https://dronesondemand.co.uk/big-changes-are-coming-to-the-drone-industry-in-2020/?fbclid=IwAR2ekODIsDwEgGFZHc2hScX7qopPfENMXEBCnrnADWcgFWG-ZrtCv31ywWg
2020-1-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Natastrophe. Thank you for sharing this information and thank you for sharing your insights with regards to this matter. Rest assured that this thread will be forwarded to the designated DJI department for further attention. For the latest news and updates with DJI. Kindly please visit our official website at www.dji.com for the latest details. Thank you and fly safe always.
2020-1-6
Use props
Natastrophe
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-6 11:50
Hello and good day Natastrophe. Thank you for sharing this information and thank you for sharing your insights with regards to this matter. Rest assured that this thread will be forwarded to the designated DJI department for further attention. For the latest news and updates with DJI. Kindly please visit our official website at www.dji.com for the latest details. Thank you and fly safe always.

Thanks, hope they come back with information, because i'm hearing that the new 2020 regulations see the Max takeoff mass of the Mini as being over 249g, so its classified in the same way as the Mavic Air. This makes your advertising a little misleading, since these new regulations have been known about for some time. This is what I want to clarify for use in the UK
2020-1-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

You are very much Natastrophe. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and assist you.
2020-1-7
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

In Australia, CASA just went to the A2 category and didn't worry about any lighter weigh classification, makes it simpler and less ambiguous, they used the KISS method to determine regulations.

The propeller of a drone of any weight can still cut someone's eye out, so irrespective of regulations don't fly too close to "uninvolved or involved" persons would be my advice.

2020-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules