DJI GO 4 Recovery During Flight
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
master chief
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116634 ft
United States

In need of expert advice about best recovery method after GO 4 hanging during flight.  This happened to me today for the 1st time.  Since I was on a pleasure flight, I just brought her home and landed.  I need recommendations for safe in flight recovery for failed software during flight.  Thanks in advance for your advice.

2020-1-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The Go App is not essential to flying the aircraft. If you spend time trying to re-start it, you risk taking your eyes off the aircraft and getting into trouble. The best course of action is to continue flying manually, the controls and buttons still do the same job. If the aircraft is in sight, use the RC controls to bring it home and land it. If it is not in sight, invoke RTH and let it bring the aircraft back to you. Then worry about restarting the Go App.
2020-1-6
Use props
master chief
lvl.4
United States

Geebax Posted at 1-6 21:57
The Go App is not essential to flying the aircraft. If you spend time trying to re-start it, you risk taking your eyes off the aircraft and getting into trouble. The best course of action is to continue flying manually, the controls and buttons still do the same job. If the aircraft is in sight, use the RC controls to bring it home and land it. If it is not in sight, invoke RTH and let it bring the aircraft back to you. Then worry about restarting the Go App.

thanks Geebax, sounds like good advice to me. probably better to not fumble around starting the go4 while neglecting to watch the ac.
2020-1-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had this happen once on iPhone, and I just tapped the icon to restart it and everything was fine after that,  does give a little scare though.
2020-1-7
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
Luxembourg

I am using an older version of the app and it frequently crashes on me, i just close it and restart it, Its not essential for  safe flight, although if you are BVLOS then dont panic and pray you have your rth settings as they should be and just reboot the app
2020-1-7
Use props
master chief
lvl.4
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-7 04:04
I had this happen once on iPhone, and I just tapped the icon to restart it and everything was fine after that,  does give a little scare though.

I mistakenly forget to mention that I have the plus version with the built in screen and different go4 version.  Wouldn't I have to turn off the RC to reboot the go4, or am I missing something?
2020-1-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

master chief Posted at 1-8 13:28
I mistakenly forget to mention that I have the plus version with the built in screen and different go4 version.  Wouldn't I have to turn off the RC to reboot the go4, or am I missing something?

What do you mean by plus version.
2020-1-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. I hope that our valued DJI co pilots can provide you the best information for this inquiry. It is best when you lost your camera feed to relocate to a location where you can see the drone and slowly navigate it back for a safe landing. Thank you for your valued support.
2020-1-8
Use props
master chief
lvl.4
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-8 13:48
What do you mean by plus version.

By plus I mean the Phantom 4 Advanced Plus which includes the display screen as part of the controller.
2020-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules