41100 62 2020-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_VuhSG3ur6YPi
New

United States

fansf8da1423 Posted at 4-27 12:41
Halleluiah! I finally solved it!

I, too, have struggled with the GeoFencing Unlock for years!! I could get it to work on-site using GoFly4 on my iPhone, but I could never get it to work ahead of time and download it to my iPad using my laptop at home before leaving for the job. My iPad is not cell data-enabled, so I need WiFi to sync the unlock licenses before leaving for the job site. The licenses would sync to the GoFly4 app but were constantly showing "Disconnected" (See screenshot) [view_image]

Thank you so much for posting this! Your tip allowed me to finally get this to work after struggling all day to unlock the GeoFence. (I had entered the remote controller serial number and NOT the Flight Controller serial number)

I got it to work by entering the Flight Controller serial number on the DJI Self-Unlocking site.

Then, the unlock license showed up in the Smart Controller Unlocking License menu, and I could transfer the license from the app to the drone itself.

Took me most of the day and was incredibly frustrating!
2021-8-4
Use props
Douglas Mason
New
Flight distance : 758153 ft
  • >>>
United States

pharimon Posted at 4-11 12:44
How in the hell did you figure this one out?  Thanks for posting.  Hopefully DJI figures out the new website isn't working with the smart controller. Thanks again Man!!

YES! You are correct, the new version does not work with DJI smart controller and Mavic Pro2.
I spent 4 hours driving back and forth to a site, even with good wifi and no luck, all instructions inaccurate and not working, even DJI support could not help. they don't even know this does not work.
Thanks for figuring it out, now i can get this job done 3 weeks late.
Have a great day Pharimon,
Get this fixed DJI!
2021-8-8
Use props
djiuser_9Faxrt9gscCG
New
Flight distance : 67096 ft
United States

djiuser_5VJYrFLnX77j Posted at 4-5 05:24
Unlocking for KAPA Class D airspace worked fine several weeks ago (and for months before). (Mavic 2 Pro - GO4 - Smart Controller - Latest firmware). Now after Importing a DJI FlySafe authorization to the “Aircraft” I try to turn on the Authorization Zone, check the 2 boxes in the Please confirm pop-up and hit OK. Then I get the "User authentication failed" message. I turned everything off then back on ... same message. I did 3 additional FlySafe requests .... same message. After loading the Authorization to the aircraft if I try to start the Mavic 2 from the main GO4 screen I get the same popup .... check the 2 boxes and OK ... then I get "Unlock Failed". Multiple attempts get the same results.  Attempts over multiple days get the same results.   I am using a valid DJI account and a correct Smart Controller serial number.  Of course I get an FAA authorization for each flight AND have tried MANY separate DJI authorizations with the same results. Is LAANC authorization from DJI no longer a feature of the DJI Mavic 2 Pro?

This has been a detailed experience of my week. I am SO FRUSTRATED!!!
2021-8-17
Use props
ShorelineAerial
lvl.1
Flight distance : 376608 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_yK9JXOQ3msYJ Posted at 2020-9-16 18:20
I agree with you, DJI self unlocking process is nothing but a piece of junk.  I am trying to unlock the Mavic Pro 2 using a smart controller.  This is my second attempt to fly a brand new drone and my new product experience is nothing but disappointing.  The unlocking system does not work.  I spent the entire battery and the almost $3,000 U.S DLLS drone is nothing more than a paper weight.

Took me two solid hours with the Smart Controller but finally worked using the tip above.  Thanks!!
2021-9-15
Use props
theronmad
lvl.1

United States

have some problem yesterday, and I see I need to go to a service center to resolve this?
2021-9-24
Use props
djiuser_3A4UWO0tdYPG
New

United States

Same thing happened to me. I messed around with the stupid thing for alomst 45 minutes and finally gave up. I got permission to fly in restricted area at 100 foot alttitude only. Then got permission from DJI to fly in that zone. I tried powering my smart controller on and off about 6 times, as well as the Mavic Pro, and paired ir linked them. Still, I would always get a message saying "Unlock Failed". I refresh and it says everything is ok to fly. I gave up, went in and got my DJI mini 2 and fired it up and it flew without any problem. Both aircrafts have the updated firmware as well. This is so frustrating to say the least. DJI may put out quality products, but having to get their permission to fly in a zone that my local airoport already approved is totaly useless and inefficient.I'm not a pro and earn money with this, I'm just a hobbiest. But still, if I spend $4000.00 for an aircraft with a bunch of accessories, I would expect it to work each time. Really sad and dissappointing.
2021-10-15
Use props
djiuser_T4JQTMoU631O
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70308 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_3A4UWO0tdYPG Posted at 10-15 16:02
Same thing happened to me. I messed around with the stupid thing for alomst 45 minutes and finally gave up. I got permission to fly in restricted area at 100 foot alttitude only. Then got permission from DJI to fly in that zone. I tried powering my smart controller on and off about 6 times, as well as the Mavic Pro, and paired ir linked them. Still, I would always get a message saying "Unlock Failed". I refresh and it says everything is ok to fly. I gave up, went in and got my DJI mini 2 and fired it up and it flew without any problem. Both aircrafts have the updated firmware as well. This is so frustrating to say the least. DJI may put out quality products, but having to get their permission to fly in a zone that my local airoport already approved is totaly useless and inefficient.I'm not a pro and earn money with this, I'm just a hobbiest. But still, if I spend $4000.00 for an aircraft with a bunch of accessories, I would expect it to work each time. Really sad and dissappointing.

why the hell dont you get this problem sorted DJI we pay good money for your drones and expect to use them as we are allowed and self unlock is one of them

telmad432@gmail.com Please Help us all with the same problem
2021-12-22
Use props
djiuser_NSyDKGqp2KsU
New

United States

This is happening to me. I have LANNC authorization and authorization from FAA safefly website.  It's been sent to my drone but it won't work.  It's very frustrating. Did you get this resolved?
2021-12-31
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Mauritius

I have no idea what you are doing, but the activation of the blue zone (Mauritius) worked without any problems for me. Briefly unlocked with the computer and promptly it goes to the bird for 3 days. It is an MA2 with a SC, it can't be that it doesn't work with the MP2 ... I also flew with the MP here, without any problems with unlock.
2022-1-1
Use props
dpeagle
lvl.4
United States

for people having this issue, this may help. i was having this issue with my inspire 1 v2 . i resolved the issue by deleting the app reinstalling it and going through the sign in and permission prompts.
2022-1-9
Use props
fans0ed4dd36
lvl.1
United States

I’ve got a brilliant solution to this fustercluck from hell. I’m selling all 3 of my DJI drones, and buying an Autel Evo 2 as quick as I can. Total Communist Bravo Sierra!
2022-4-11
Use props
djiuser_TFRaeteJ0hwv
lvl.1

Germany

Same Problem here, i tried again and again but the result is still the same. The whole "Geo Zone" setup is bureaucratic, downright absurd and apparently only works by chance. In addition, there are the constant error messages from the "Pro Controller" (charging too slow, use the original charger). The whole package is downright Kafkaesque! Professional work is virtually impossible with this junk.
2022-5-10
Use props
djiuser_TFRaeteJ0hwv
lvl.1

Germany

fans0ed4dd36 Posted at 4-11 08:36
I’ve got a brilliant solution to this fustercluck from hell. I’m selling all 3 of my DJI drones, and buying an Autel Evo 2 as quick as I can. Total Communist Bravo Sierra!

Same Problem here, i tried again and again but the result is still the same. The whole "Geo Zone" setup is bureaucratic, downright absurd and apparently only works by chance. In addition, there are the constant error messages from the "Pro Controller" (charging too slow, use the original charger). The whole package is downright Kafkaesque! Professional work is virtually impossible with this junk. Thank God there is an alternative in the meantime. My next drone will DEFINITELY be an Autel.Because it can't be any worse than this!
2022-5-10
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Have Mavic Air2 and Smart Controller, LATEST updates both, went through the Geo Unlock pages and did a Custom Unlocks o that I can fly at my club's  Model Airplane
Park, it is right under an Approach/take off zone.  All went fine, got authorization, imported to aircraft (FLIGHT Controller number needed) got authorization for Mavic Air2 and Mini2.
The authorizations are in the SC, here's hoping they work when next I go there.  A NEW Manual is need for the Smart Controller will all the updates covered!
2022-7-15
Use props
timo615
lvl.1
Flight distance : 588661 ft
Canada

I’m on point to document a large construction project for the PMs out East. I’ve been flying the site for 6 months and it’s 50/50 whether I can self-unlock or not. Going to the FlySafe site is just another step to deal with. I suppose if it was consistent I could at least understand that. But to self unlock one day and not the next 4 days, then ok again. It’s just frustrating. Here in PNW our pockets of fly weather can be short. Wasting battery time trying to unlock an area that I’ve flown in dozens of times is just wrong
2022-12-2
Use props
timo615
lvl.1
Flight distance : 588661 ft
Canada

I’m on point to document a large construction project for the PMs out East. I’ve been flying the site for 6 months and it’s 50/50 whether I can self-unlock or not. Going to the FlySafe site is just another step to deal with. I suppose if it was consistent I could at least understand that. But to self unlock one day and not the next 4 days, then ok again. It’s just frustrating. Here in PNW our pockets of fly weather can be short. Wasting battery time trying to unlock an area that I’ve flown in dozens of times is just wrong
2022-12-2
Use props
stuuke
lvl.1

United States

So frustrating. I downloaded firmware to my Mavic 2 today and the authorization to the smart controller. I get to the site tonight and it won't take off. The authorization is not there. I connect to my iPhone and go through the process again. It shows up on my smart controller and I click the two boxes and get a "can't authenticate user" error. Meanwhile my friend with a Phantom just turns his on and flies. It shouldn't be this difficult to fly when you have LAANC.
2023-5-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

stuuke Posted at 5-3 20:11
So frustrating. I downloaded firmware to my Mavic 2 today and the authorization to the smart controller. I get to the site tonight and it won't take off. The authorization is not there. I connect to my iPhone and go through the process again. It shows up on my smart controller and I click the two boxes and get a "can't authenticate user" error. Meanwhile my friend with a Phantom just turns his on and flies. It shouldn't be this difficult to fly when you have LAANC.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the unpleasant experience. We highly recommend you coordinate this directly with our team by contacting them at flysafe@dji.com . Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-5-4
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98996 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansf8da1423 Posted at 2021-4-27 12:41
Halleluiah! I finally solved it!

I, too, have struggled with the GeoFencing Unlock for years!! I could get it to work on-site using GoFly4 on my iPhone, but I could never get it to work ahead of time and download it to my iPad using my laptop at home before leaving for the job. My iPad is not cell data-enabled, so I need WiFi to sync the unlock licenses before leaving for the job site. The licenses would sync to the GoFly4 app but were constantly showing "Disconnected" (See screenshot) [view_image]

Your solution was my salvation! I still had the controller serial from a previous Mavic Pro on the fly-safe database, and I could never get the unlock to work.
2023-6-22
Use props
fans8d873b31
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31562 ft
United States

When my Dji Fly app popup  said it was locked on my Samsung S22 Ultra and to unlock it manually  I simply went to my phones app page and switched “allowed it to be run” to “ON”.
2023-7-19
Use props
sanjay Mandal
New

India

I have dji mini 2 se. Says invalid key component

What shoukd I do says unable to take off
2023-8-15
Use props
djiuser_KN4GETAZwlGb
New

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2020-1-8 15:36
Hi. Thank you for the additional information. I would recommend to please visit our DJI Fly Safe Geo Zone Map for more details about the restricted zone. For reference I will be posting an Official DJI Tutorial Video for unlocking a zone. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBG0TD5M3w4

That video does not discuss the smart controller. I am currently in the field, with authorization and unlock approved by DJI but the option to unlock no longer appears on my controller. I have been doing it for years without any issues until now.
2023-10-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_KN4GETAZwlGb Posted at 10-9 09:57
That video does not discuss the smart controller. I am currently in the field, with authorization and unlock approved by DJI but the option to unlock no longer appears on my controller. I have been doing it for years without any issues until now.

Hi there. Sorry for the trouble. Please contact our team directly at flysafe@dji.com for further assistance. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules