Capture video of Fly app on phone?
11411 24 2020-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_YsiOY3KAhlwt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3570 ft
United States

Folks, I want to be able to capture video of the DJI Fly app running on the iphone. What's the best way to do this?

Thank you,
ed

2020-1-7
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

control center -> record screen
2020-1-7
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

Don't forget to turn on the microphone while you are in the recording menu if you want audio recorded as well.
2020-1-7
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

And how would you do that on an android? Just curious
2020-1-7
Use props
drone-capt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3570 ft
United States

BobWinNV Posted at 1-7 11:43
Don't forget to turn on the microphone while you are in the recording menu if you want audio recorded as well.

Would this menu only be shown if the A/C is connected? Because I can't find it in the menu
2020-1-7
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

Ingo Sundowner Posted at 1-7 13:36
And how would you do that on an android? Just curious

Exactly.  How can I do this on an android phone?  I see plenty of videos where people have superimposed the screen of their phone into the frame of video taken by the drone itself.

We see this so often that it seems that capturing video from the phone or other gadget being used with the RC must be easy.

What's the skinny, folks?  If this has to be done using a separate app, which ones do you people prefer?

Thanks!
2020-1-7
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Romania

drone-capt Posted at 1-7 13:50
Would this menu only be shown if the A/C is connected? Because I can't find it in the menu

The screen recording feature has nothing to do with the drone, it’s a pure iOS feature. Force touch (or haptic touch for the 11s) on the screen record toggle and toggle microphone on
2020-1-7
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

Would this menu only be shown if the A/C is connected? Because I can't find it in the menu

It is not part of the fly app it is part of iOS.
iOS Screen Recording
2020-1-7
Use props
Akirasho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1622238 ft
United States

I won't post the links but because I never used the apps, but a Goggle search netted Android versions.
2020-1-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sigmo Posted at 1-7 14:33
Exactly.  How can I do this on an android phone?  I see plenty of videos where people have superimposed the screen of their phone into the frame of video taken by the drone itself.

We see this so often that it seems that capturing video from the phone or other gadget being used with the RC must be easy.

IMHO the best 2 screen recorders for Android are DU Screen Recorder and AZ Screen Recorder.  Both available in Play Store.  I started with AZ Screen Recorder but to active some features you need to buy the Pro version.  All features of the DU Screen Recorder are free, including a handy video editor.  So I now use DU Screen Recorder and uninstalled AZ.
2020-1-8
Use props
emaneg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1591 ft
Italy

Would this menu only be shown if the A/C is connected? Because I can't find it in the menu

In Android 9 as well, tools, 'screen recorder'
2020-1-8
Use props
emaneg
lvl.3
Italy

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-8 05:10
IMHO the best 2 screen recorders for Android are DU Screen Recorder and AZ Screen Recorder.  Both available in Play Store.  I started with AZ Screen Recorder but to active some features you need to buy the Pro version.  All features of the DU Screen Recorder are free, including a handy video editor.  So I now use DU Screen Recorder and uninstalled AZ.

I don't know if it's a custom tool for redmi phones, my xiaomi remi note 7 has it built in, no extrenal app required
2020-1-8
Use props
Trevor OV MM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4562008 ft
Canada

emaneg Posted at 1-8 06:14
I don't know if it's a custom tool for redmi phones, my xiaomi remi note 7 has it built in, no extrenal app required
I have a samsung galaxy s7. If you turn on game mode you can record your screen. Its under settings, performance. Its built in.
2020-1-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. I hope that our valued DJI co pilots can provide you the best information for this inquiry. Thank you for your valued support.
2020-1-8
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-8 05:10

Thank you!  I'll look into both, but probably try DU first.

I found a GU screen recorder, is that the one?

2020-1-8
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

emaneg Posted at 1-8 06:13
In Android 9 as well, tools, 'screen recorder'

I don't find it on my Samsung Note 8 running Android 9.  In fact, I see no "tools" menu or app item. AT&T probably strips this so they can sell us something of their own.  ;)

Edit to add:

I just did a web search which came up with a YouTube video that shows how to do this on the Note 8, but they have you use an icon in the "swipe down" menu called "performance mode" to switch into "game mode".  There is no such icon on my phone.

Also, searching for "screen recorder" in the Settings menu returns "No Results Found".

2020-1-8
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

Trevor OV MM Posted at 1-8 06:24
I have a samsung galaxy s7. If you turn on game mode you can record your screen. Its under settings, performance. Its built in.

Thank you for that, good to know. I use an S6 for my mini
2020-1-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sigmo Posted at 1-8 14:43

I found a GU screen recorder, is that the one?

Sigmo, forget DU Recorder.  It is no longer available in the Play Store.  I did a little research and found out it was removed because the app was coded in a way to sometimes open advertisements on it's own, even if the user wasn't using the app.  It has been great for me and I haven't seen any ads.  

So you probably need to look at AZ Screen Recorder.  Sorry, I wasn't aware that Google had pulled the plug on DU.
2020-1-9
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-9 02:47
Sigmo, forget DU Recorder.  It is no longer available in the Play Store.  I did a little research and found out it was removed because the app was coded in a way to sometimes open advertisements on it's own, even if the user wasn't using the app.  It has been great for me and I haven't seen any ads.  

So you probably need to look at AZ Screen Recorder.  Sorry, I wasn't aware that Google had pulled the plug on DU.

Thanks again for your help.  I never mind paying a bit for a good app, anyhow.  And I'll often seek out a paid app rather than a free one because I'm always suspicious of why, exactly, someone would waste their time writing a good app and then give it away for free.

AZ sounds like a great place to start!
2020-1-9
Use props
emaneg
lvl.3
Italy

try googling android screen recorder: you get plenty of apps!
2020-1-10
Use props
djiuser_zrdpn83aoX22
lvl.1

United States

Ice_2k Posted at 1-7 08:23

There is no such option on the Control Screen.
2020-7-4
Use props
djiuser_zrdpn83aoX22
lvl.1

United States

Ice_2k Posted at 1-7 08:23

Control Center has no such option. Closest is “Mirror Screen,” but that only links to AppleTV. Where is the “record screen” option??
2020-7-4
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Romania

djiuser_zrdpn83aoX22 Posted at 7-4 10:48
Control Center has no such option. Closest is “Mirror Screen,” but that only links to AppleTV. Where is the “record screen” option??

You need to add it to your Control Center first... Settings->Control Center->Customize Controls->Screen Recording
2020-7-4
Use props
Astro Bob
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9616 ft
United States

Sigmo Posted at 2020-1-8 14:43

I found a GU screen recorder, is that the one?

I use ADV Screen Recorder from playstore. Free and works great on my Samsung S8 and Android v 8.1
2021-1-9
Use props
mark117h
Second Officer
Flight distance : 241306 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Sigmo.
As others have suggested already, AZ Screen Recorder is rather pretty good if using Android, i would also say to try the free version and if you like it and get on with it buy the premium version, i really don't like the freemium apps/games that show adverts, however i do not know if it is available on iPad as i primarily use Android, although i have recently bought the iPad 5 for the mini, i like the bigger screen and the iPad does seem to handle the fly app really well.
2021-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules