Mavic Pro over Mavic Mini- Worth change?
1016 5 2020-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
speed_freakz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 569852 ft
Thailand

Hi guys, I've have mini since the day of release and really love it, would never think of getting anything better. But with recent flight experiences, few errors, and drops, plus posts from others I jsut feel like its a matter of time when it will go to waste.
I am stressed when i fly, I dont njoy it anymore as before, and every little thing that happens during the flight triggers my worst fears of loosing it, every RTH and i feel like I'll never see it again. I am a student in another country and dont have 500$ just laying around(also DJI insurance thing is not available in my country so yea). Saying that I was considering selling my Mini combo! Even though it was a present from my Gf, we already talked and shes alright with it.
Huge downside is that I spent alot of time collecting all the papers to register my drone here at Thailand, and trust me you dont want to register drone here, especially as a foreigner, the procedure is long, painful, requires many many forms, papers and running around. Basically I started my registration at 15th of december and its still not finished completelly. Dont care much other than the money i paid for insurance.

anyway
Atm most of secondhand Minis are selling for around 390-410$ here,  but I would go even lower just to get money for another drone. I found a guy who aparently came from China and he is selling his Mavic Pro, he said that he never used it. Saying that, is it possible that he could've reseted software somehow, batteries or smthing? He told me that the drone is around 10 mnths old and he jsut didnt ahve time to fly it, I really want to believe him ,but..I mean who buys a drone and never uses it!. another thing is do you think batteries would have issues cause they were stored for that long time without flight?

He wants 600$ for it, Drone+few batteries, boxes, landing pads..etc

So do you think mavic Pro is much better for that price difference, also regarding the pro flights. does that drone ahve any common issues? I believe its much more stable in the wind because its heavier, and whats the real life scenario flight time?

Thanks.

Edit: SO the Mavic Pro in question just got sold out before I got him. So no need to worry about the battery,software details anymore. Although would still like to hear some opinions of the functionality from users who own both drones.
2020-1-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day speed_freakz. Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to know how you feel about your DJI Mavic Mini. In addition, before you purchase the DJI Mavic Pro please try to inspect the drone and have a test flight before finalizing the said deal. In addition you may try to ask for the serial number of the drone and send me the serial number through PM for me to be able to check it on our DJI Database. Thank you.
2020-1-7
Use props
speed_freakz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 569852 ft
Thailand

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-7 11:11
Hello and good day speed_freakz. Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to know how you feel about your DJI Mavic Mini. In addition, before you purchase the DJI Mavic Pro please try to inspect the drone and have a test flight before finalizing the said deal. In addition you may try to ask for the serial number of the drone and send me the serial number through PM for me to be able to check it on our DJI Database. Thank you.

Edit: So the Mavic Pro in question just got sold out before I got him. So no need to worry about the battery, software details anymore. Although would still like to hear some opinions of the functionality from users who own both drones.
2020-1-7
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

IMHO the Mavic Pro despite being an older model is streaks ahead of the Mini, there is no contest.

• Ocusync provides for a more reliable control system than enhanced wi-fi and has a greater range  if you need it
  • It can handle stronger winds and is a faster more stable platform
  • Battery life is similar
  • DJI Go4 has matured into a reliable piece of software
  • Many more features and functions that can be set
  • 4k video at 24 fps if you need it
  • Range of AEB and HDR camera options plus pano, sphere etc.
  • Active Track and Follow Me and other intelligent flight modes e.g waypoints
  • Obstacle Avoidance and related sensors
  • Controller has a screen and many more function buttons,  so you can easily fly without a phone or tablet

etc. etc.
2020-1-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mavic Pro is superior in almost every way,  especially when it comes to wind and manual settings.
2020-1-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

speed_freakz Posted at 1-7 22:08
Edit: So the Mavic Pro in question just got sold out before I got him. So no need to worry about the battery, software details anymore. Although would still like to hear some opinions of the functionality from users who own both drones.

Thank you for giving us an update with regards to this matter. I hope that you will get the best feedback from our valued DJI co pilots with regards to this inquiry. Thank you.
2020-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules