Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Care Refresh Experience
4657 23 2020-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_WFDLsFXx3gbW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 402920 ft
United States

Well, not long after unboxing my brand new Mavic Mini, I crashed it into the house. It made contact with both back arms -- one of them harmlessly folded, the other did not, resulting in the main body cracking at the joint. So, now I am counting on the DJI Refresh plan to come through and make me happy. I effortlessly received a pre-paid shipping label, and my poor Mini is on the way to California for assessment. I will post updates.

I am curious, has anyone else gone through the DJI Refresh replacement process, and how would you rate it? Also curious how long it took, because I am dying to go flying.

2020-1-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It’s pretty painless, journey by road is by far the longest, you should be able to to track it all the way you certainly can if you have go4 app, if they say 10 days allow for that sometimes it looks like nothing is happening then you get word it’s on its way back, I’m sure you will get some on telling horror stories but in the main it works very good .
2020-1-7
Use props
fans322fcc83
lvl.3
Flight distance : 93120 ft
Netherlands

The service is great! Used it once with my spark. U get a new one or ur own made.. depending on the damage. I’m in europe .. no idea how long it takes for you. For me it was within 2 weeks
2020-1-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. I am sorry to know what happened to your DJI Mavic Mini and it is great to know that the said drone is already on it's way to our DJI repair center. In addition I hope that you will get feedback from our valued DJI co pilots on there experience in using the DJI Care Refresh for there DJI drones. Thank you.
2020-1-7
Use props
Mavic Pro Stealth Mode
lvl.2
Flight distance : 304678 ft
United States

DJI Care Refresh: 12/30/2019 Attempt 1: I unfortunately had to have my Drone submitted for my Mavic 2 Pro on 12/30/2019 ...., it was not received until 01/06/2020 (So there is 7 days already = Shipped from: Atlanta GA _to_ DJI Grapvine TX) , and currently "Conducting Damage Assessment" 01/07/2020 at this point. I am hopeful to have a "New" Replacement unit within the next 5-7 days ..., I will keep posted on turnaround time sometime this next week. I anticipate that DJI will provide an excellent overall experience once completed.
2020-1-7
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Yeah keep us posted, I hope I will never need to use it, but Id like to know what the overall process is for users.
2020-1-8
Use props
Mavic Pro Stealth Mode
lvl.2
United States

Mavic Pro Stealth Mode Posted at 1-7 18:24
DJI Care Refresh: 12/30/2019 Attempt 1: I unfortunately had to have my Drone submitted for my Mavic 2 Pro on 12/30/2019 ...., it was not received until 01/06/2020 (So there is 7 days already = Shipped from: Atlanta GA _to_ DJI Grapvine TX) , and currently "Conducting Damage Assessment" 01/07/2020 at this point. I am hopeful to have a "New" Replacement unit within the next 5-7 days ..., I will keep posted on turnaround time sometime this next week. I anticipate that DJI will provide an excellent overall experience once completed.

01/08/2020 12:33PM EST. Still "Conducting Damage Assessment"
01/08/2020 2:15PM "Conducting Damage Assessment"

01/08/2020 6:26PM Email Received: "Damage Assessment Notice"

01/08/2020 6:29PM Email Received: "Replacement"
01/08/2020 6:33PM Payment Made via ....
01/08/2020 6:37PM Progress Inquiry Updated and Replacement will be sent out. It will take about 2 working days to be sent out.

2020-1-8
Use props
djiuser_WFDLsFXx3gbW
lvl.2
United States

Update -----

My drone was received Wednesday, 6 days after shipping.
I received an email this morning detailing the damage and the cost of repair. I chose to use the replace option, even though the total was only $73 to repair. This might be a mistake later down the road.
Current status says it will take approx. 1 day for the replacement to be shipped. So hopefully I will be flying again late next week...

2020-1-10
Use props
djiuser_lQeMCs68scEt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 311739 ft

United States

I recently crashed my mavic Pro Platinum and had to send it in it as well. I do not like doing anything that involves shipping or receiving. I just hate waiting around for my product let alone wondering if I'm going to get it back at all. let alone in fine working order.   My DJI care refresh agreement ended on December 26th and I filed my claim that same-day. I am worried this will become an issue, but i was told by 2 different employees when i called it wasn't going to be an issue since i filled it before the policy ended! It was sent to grapevine tx as well. Ive read a lot of bad reviews about dji warranty police leaving very me very skeptical about this process.  
I sent it in on 01-07-2020 and it has yet to arrive at the grapevine location. I am hoping that the turn around time isnt long  since its ill be using my last and only replacement and not doing repairs. ill be leaving town for a couple of weeks next Saturday and possibly wont have no one to be here for the drop off.
2020-1-11
Use props
djiuser_lQeMCs68scEt
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_lQeMCs68scEt Posted at 1-11 17:16
I recently crashed my mavic Pro Platinum and had to send it in it as well. I do not like doing anything that involves shipping or receiving. I just hate waiting around for my product let alone wondering if I'm going to get it back at all. let alone in fine working order.   My DJI care refresh agreement ended on December 26th and I filed my claim that same-day. I am worried this will become an issue, but i was told by 2 different employees when i called it wasn't going to be an issue since i filled it before the policy ended! It was sent to grapevine tx as well. Ive read a lot of bad reviews about dji warranty police leaving very me very skeptical about this process.  
I sent it in on 01-07-2020 and it has yet to arrive at the grapevine location. I am hoping that the turn around time isnt long  since its ill be using my last and only replacement and not doing repairs. ill be leaving town for a couple of weeks next Saturday and possibly wont have no one to be here for the drop off.

UPDATE:
UNIT ARRIVED MONDAY AT 3:45 p.m PST. RECIEVED EMAIL TUESDAY MORNING STATING IT WAS RECEIVED at 6:22 a.m pst and another email following the first one at 6:54 a.m pst  that damage assessment is being done. Just glade it has arrived. Hopefully i can get an invoice for my replacement today. Otherwise i doubt ill be getting it back by Saturday for my trip. Will keep you guys posted.
2020-1-14
Use props
djiuser_WFDLsFXx3gbW
lvl.2
United States

Update:
My Mini has been replaced and was shipped yesterday. I should receive it Thursday. If I do, it will have taken exactly 14 days from shipping the broken Mini to receiving the replacement Mini.
2020-1-14
Use props
djiuser_lQeMCs68scEt
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_WFDLsFXx3gbW Posted at 1-14 12:37
Update:
My Mini has been replaced and was shipped yesterday. I should receive it Thursday. If I do, it will have taken exactly 14 days from shipping the broken Mini to receiving the replacement Mini.

Rite on, thats not bad i say considering the groud shipping. Its 12:54 p.m pst. And i haven't received any other emails about my mpp.  Fingers crossed
2020-1-14
Use props
Mavic Pro Stealth Mode
lvl.2
United States

DJI Care Refresh: Process Time from (Atlanta, GA) Door to Door (DJI Grapevine, TX) - Overall Experience 10/10 Excellent !!! (Turnaround time also Excellent)
GENERIC DJI Care Refresh Breakdown and Turnaround Time - Based on my experience.

December 2019 - DJI Care Refresh Initiated. (Timeframe=2 Weeks)
12/30/2019 - Shipped Mavic Pro 2 off with provided UPS Label
01/07/2020 - Package arrives in Grapevine, TX from Atlanta, GA
01/08/2020 - Package is received by DJI
01/08/2020 - Damage Assessment (Morning-Afternoon)_(The Conclusion/Replacement Email came in around 6:30PM)
01/08/2020 - Damage Assessment Conclusion w/ photos provided of malfunctioning parts (Mine was thrashed, so no option for repair .., replacement option only for mine) Which is OK, that's what I preferred.
01/08/2020 - Payment Received for Replacement  (Replacement 1 of 2 with utilization of DJI Care Refresh)
01/09/2020 - Tracking Number Provided for Replacement Drone
01/09/2020 - Verified and checked tracking and expect my Drone to be back flying by Saturday (I'm super excited like a kid for a grown man toy !!!)
01/09/2020 - Tracking shows Replacement already in Transit
01/10/2020 - Waiting, waiting, waiting …. It's gonna be a long Friday !!! (Guess I'll study for FAA Part 107 UAV/UAS Drone Pilot's License on Friday)
01/11/2020 - Replacement Arrival supposed to have been end of day on Saturday. (Delayed over weekend due to weather ?)
01/13/2020 - Replacement Arrival on Monday instead of Saturday (Ughhh !!!)

December 30th, 2019 - January 13th, 2020 = 14 days Total (2 Weeks)

2020-1-14
Use props
Mavic Pro Stealth Mode
lvl.2
United States

Excellent. Anywhere between 10 to 14 days. Rating: 10/10
2020-1-14
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

What exactly is "excellent" about waiting for 2 weeks? I'd hate to think anything happens to my drone as dji apparently hasn't repair facilities in the UK.
2020-1-14
Use props
djiuser_lQeMCs68scEt
lvl.1

United States

Well status update: its 01/15/2020 still undergoing damage assessment. I've tried calling DJI several times to get an update to see how much longer this step is going to take. and I feel like I am getting the runaround. I keep getting told to wait for an email. I just wanna fly already.
2020-1-15
Use props
djiuser_lQeMCs68scEt
lvl.1

United States

Update: just received my invoice for replacement on my Platinum. And I'm a little confused like I stated before I have DJI care refresh Plus and I thought I was doing a replacement but the invoice they sent me kind of has me confused.  Not sure why it's stating non warranty when I gave them my DJI care refresh plus agreement number. Yes agreement expired but I was told by three or more DJI care Representatives that because I put in my claim before that agreement expired there shouldn't be an issue. Not sure why the confusion? Has anyone else experienced this? Should I go ahead and proceed with making the $89 replacement payment or should I consult with someone had DJI first?
2020-1-15
Use props
djiuser_WFDLsFXx3gbW
lvl.2
United States

Final Update !!!:
UPS dropped off my replacement right on time.

Man I forgot how tiny this is!

Now the question is, it came with 1.0.3, should I update, lol?

2020-1-16
Use props
djiuser_lQeMCs68scEt
lvl.1

United States

Soooooo dji just sent my unit to Florida for no reason!! And cant give me any explanation to why they did. Now they want me to wait till they receive it back at the texas location in order to ship it back to me. Spoke to a manager at ups and they it will possible be recieved in texas on Wednesday. I swear this the most bs i ever heard of had to experience from any company. Why is that ups is giving more more info and help than dji the company actually doing business with?!?! This is just mind blowing to me rite now to say the least.
2020-1-17
Use props
djiuser_WFDLsFXx3gbW
lvl.2
United States

That sucks. Well, its two different tales for you and I then. While 14 days is hard to wait through, at least my replacement was uneventful.
2020-1-17
Use props
djiuser_lQeMCs68scEt
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_WFDLsFXx3gbW Posted at 1-17 12:01
That sucks. Well, its two different tales for you and I then. While 14 days is hard to wait through, at least my replacement was uneventful.

They cant even tell me when its gonna get shipped! This is nonsense. No tracking number nothing. They keep saying to wait for a manager to call you in 24 hrs. But theyre closed on the weeknd. What kind of ... is that. I swear im done with dji after this. Should jave listen and just got state farm insurance.
2020-1-17
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_lQeMCs68scEt Posted at 1-17 10:51
Soooooo dji just sent my unit to Florida for no reason!! And cant give me any explanation to why they did. Now they want me to wait till they receive it back at the texas location in order to ship it back to me. Spoke to a manager at ups and they it will possible be recieved in texas on Wednesday. I swear this the most bs i ever heard of had to experience from any company. Why is that ups is giving more more info and help than dji the company actually doing business with?!?! This is just mind blowing to me rite now to say the least.

Everyone/everything wants to go to Florida. Just ask me, a Florida native. Wish it weren't so.
2020-1-17
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_lQeMCs68scEt Posted at 1-17 12:27
They cant even tell me when its gonna get shipped! This is nonsense. No tracking number nothing. They keep saying to wait for a manager to call you in 24 hrs. But theyre closed on the weeknd. What kind of ... is that. I swear im done with dji after this. Should jave listen and just got state farm insurance.

I'm curious about that. I wonder how long it takes to complete a claim replacement with State Farm?
2020-1-17
Use props
djiuser_UkJ2likOAmGW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2206122 ft
Canada

Service is horrible , been waiting for a month for a flyaway replacement.  Keep sending me repair invoices for 341$ , its a flyaway!!. Inept staff,  asked for management to call me 3 times . Just a horrible process and still it continues! I'll be spending my money elsewhere in the future.
2021-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules