Lost Connection = Lost Video Feed?
2975 13 2020-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MRomine
Second Officer
Flight distance : 850971 ft
United States

Flying my M2P above a two story construction project this afternoon within VLOS @ about 30-40' AGL and about 40-50' from where I was standing on the ground. No obstructions, when all of a sudden I loose "aircraft connection" and my SC screen goes into B&W mode and the video feed stops but I was still able to fly the craft. So I was able to land safely without an incident. Rebooted the aircraft and had connectivity again. This was the first time I have ever experienced this problem. Anyone have any pointers on what might be the issue?
2020-1-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day MRomine. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try for refresh the firmware of your DJI Mavic Pro to see if the issue will still persist and may I know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please? In addition, it could be that there was  an interference on the location where you flying the Aircraft that interfering the signal from the remote to the Aircraft. You may give a try as well to change different frequency and channels under Image transmission from DJI Go 4 application. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2020-1-7
Use props
MRomine
Second Officer
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-7 15:06
Hello and good day MRomine. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try for refresh the firmware of your DJI Mavic Pro to see if the issue will still persist and may I know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please? In addition, it could be that there was  an interference on the location where you flying the Aircraft that interfering the signal from the remote to the Aircraft. You may give a try as well to change different frequency and channels under Image transmission from DJI Go 4 application. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for trying to assist.

I am using the DJI Smart Controller, V01.00.0530

I have just now refreshed the firmware. I will see if this makes any difference in the future.

Thank
2020-1-7
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

It happens from time to time. What you may not be aware of is that there are two completely separate radio links, the first is a two way radio link, the RC control unit sending commands to the aircraft, and then receiving telemetry data back from the aircraft. The second link is the aircraft sending video FPV feed back to the RC unit. One link can often be working just fine while the other one suffers an interruption. In your case the FPV link dropped out, while the aircraft control link was still OK.

If you were flying over a construction project, then very likely you might have been in an area with intense WiFi activity, and that would cause the temporary outage.
2020-1-7
Use props
MRomine
Second Officer
United States

Geebax Posted at 1-7 16:31
It happens from time to time. What you may not be aware of is that there are two completely separate radio links, the first is a two way radio link, the RC control unit sending commands to the aircraft, and then receiving telemetry data back from the aircraft. The second link is the aircraft sending video FPV feed back to the RC unit. One link can often be working just fine while the other one suffers an interruption. In your case the FPV link dropped out, while the aircraft control link was still OK.

If you were flying over a construction project, then very likely you might have been in an area with intense WiFi activity, and that would cause the temporary outage.

I did not know about the two separate radio links but I was wondering if something like that was in play since I could fly the drone but at the same time not have a video feed.

Regarding the WiFi interference, this is a small commercial/residential project, eight two story condos. Right now there does not seem to be much in the way of equipment that might be interfering. There is a crane that is lifting trusses in place. I don't know if it uses any WiFi or not.

So if the bird is controlled by two separate radio channels/frequencies how does WiFi effect that? Do you know?
2020-1-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

MRomine Posted at 1-8 11:23
I did not know about the two separate radio links but I was wondering if something like that was in play since I could fly the drone but at the same time not have a video feed.

Regarding the WiFi interference, this is a small commercial/residential project, eight two story condos. Right now there does not seem to be much in the way of equipment that might be interfering. There is a crane that is lifting trusses in place. I don't know if it uses any WiFi or not.

Here is a piece I prepared earlier, it explains the issue: https://forum.dji.com/thread-205530-1-1.html
2020-1-8
Use props
MRomine
Second Officer
United States

Geebax Posted at 1-8 12:59
Here is a piece I prepared earlier, it explains the issue: https://forum.dji.com/thread-205530-1-1.html

Thank you!
2020-1-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Have you changed sd card in SC recently ?
2020-1-8
Use props
MRomine
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-8 13:57
Have you changed sd card in SC recently ?

I haven't, why?
2020-1-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I had same drop out screen going grey , I had a 16gb card in remote I had just changed for a 64gb And problems started , having the problems I changed back to 16gb and all is now working well,
2020-1-8
Use props
MRomine
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-8 16:07
I had same drop out screen going grey , I had a 16gb card in remote I had just changed for a 64gb And problems started , having the problems I changed back to 16gb and all is now working well,

I see, not thought of that but I've already been flying with the same SD card in the controller for about ten months now and I have not had any problems to date other than what occurred a few days ago.
2020-1-9
Use props
Porktree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had nearly the exact same issue, and it turned out to be a corrupt SD card.  
2020-1-9
Use props
MRomine
Second Officer
United States

Porktree Posted at 1-9 07:36
I had nearly the exact same issue, and it turned out to be a corrupt SD card.

I will keep an eye on that but I don’t think that is the issue. None of the files, either video or still, have been corrupted. It seems that the issue is more in line with what Geebax was alluding to above.
2020-1-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

MRomine Posted at 1-7 16:09
Hi Stephen,

Thank you for trying to assist.

You are very much welcome MRomine. Please keep us posted on the said issue for us to be able to assist you further. Thank you and fly safe always.
2020-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules