7005 14 2020-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Durgadas
lvl.1

Germany

Hello,

what I want to do:
Film long sessions with 8hours ( let's say 30 mins per file possible) with high end sound. AND I need to control the Osmo Pocket from my mobile phone for moving the camera.

Is it possible? Connecting Powerbank (for multi hour operation), external microphone (for high quality sound) and Iphone (for video control and camera movement) all three at once?

Is there a compatible usb c splitter maybe? For sound powerbank and handy? I fear the Wlan module blocks the usb C port and external charging during operation?

Thanks in advance, I have one eye at the Snoppa vmate, but stick with DJI as long as there aren't any real video samples from the start up that proof video quality beyond numbers. Planning to buy the osmo pocket DJI if my usecase is supported.

Thanks!
2020-1-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Durgadas. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. Upon checking the set up that you wanted to take this video. The iPhone can be connected to the DJI Osmo Pocket by using the DJI Osmo Pocket's Smartphone Adapter ( Lightning ). In addition the micro USB port found at the bottom of the DJI Osmo Pocket can only be use one at a time. You may either charge the said unit or connect the DJI Osmo Pocket 3.5mm Adapter for you to be able to record audio. Thank you.
2020-1-7
Use props
Durgadas
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-7 15:13
Hello and good day Durgadas. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. Upon checking the set up that you wanted to take this video. The iPhone can be connected to the DJI Osmo Pocket by using the DJI Osmo Pocket's Smartphone Adapter ( Lightning ). In addition the micro USB port found at the bottom of the DJI Osmo Pocket can only be use one at a time. You may either charge the said unit or connect the DJI Osmo Pocket 3.5mm Adapter for you to be able to record audio. Thank you.

Thanks for the answer. This is really sad. Great product. Are there already any plans for a Osmo Pocket 2, maybe with internal blutooth and/or wlan? So phone microphone and power bank can be connected at once? Looking forward to this... I am planning to use the osmo pocket to record art tutorials from the ego perspective, by mounting it at my forhead with a self made headband.

I prefer the osmo pocket to cameras like the go pro for 2 reasons: 1. no fisheye distortion or too wide view. 2. I can see what I record on my handy an even adjust the view direction in the app.

So in my opinion the osmo pocket should be very well suited to record for example clay modelling tutorials from POV.

Only problem: Professional sound is a must for future recordings and I want to record 3-6 hours in ONE session without charging. Maybe 3hours - charging break - again 3 hours would be an option.

www.aufkunstkurs.de/tutorials (so far my father is filmed traditional by me, but POV would be much better)
2020-1-8
Use props
Durgadas
lvl.1

Germany

Durgadas Posted at 1-8 04:42
Thanks for the answer. This is really sad. Great product. Are there already any plans for a Osmo Pocket 2, maybe with internal blutooth and/or wlan? So phone microphone and power bank can be connected at once? Looking forward to this... I am planning to use the osmo pocket to record art tutorials from the ego perspective, by mounting it at my forhead with a self made headband.

I prefer the osmo pocket to cameras like the go pro for 2 reasons: 1. no fisheye distortion or too wide view. 2. I can see what I record on my handy an even adjust the view direction in the app.

Phone microphon can‘t be recorded by the app or even better the osmo pocket? Or could you recommend any other producht for the usecase I intend?
So far i mounted my iphone to a bicycle helmet which is actually working but heavy to wear for hours... Don‘t want fisheye distortion and need a controll display to see what I am filming.
2020-1-8
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Durgadas Posted at 1-8 04:46
Phone microphon can‘t be recorded by the app or even better the osmo pocket? Or could you recommend any other producht for the usecase I intend?
So far i mounted my iphone to a bicycle helmet which is actually working but heavy to wear for hours... Don‘t want fisheye distortion and need a controll display to see what I am filming.

I know of one YouTube video that shows a person making a working T adapter that allowed charging and the use of an external  microphone. If you felt that you could be handy with a soldering iron then I would think it possible. I doubt if you got it wrong if DJI would cover any repair or even sanction such actions though. As for using a power bank when recording, that's not a particularly good idea as it could have adverse effects on the overall battery life of the Osmo Pocket.
2020-1-8
Use props
fanse55a7666
lvl.3
France

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 1-8 06:17
I know of one YouTube video that shows a person making a working T adapter that allowed charging and the use of an external  microphone. If you felt that you could be handy with a soldering iron then I would think it possible. I doubt if you got it wrong if DJI would cover any repair or even sanction such actions though. As for using a power bank when recording, that's not a particularly good idea as it could have adverse effects on the overall battery life of the Osmo Pocket.

You can use the powerbank to cahrge the op while recording with the wifi module. You can also monotor and move the cam with your phone. For the audio, you can use external mics with a separate recorder and synchronize it in post prod.
2020-1-8
Use props
Durgadas
lvl.1

Germany

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 1-8 06:17

Maybe even this one does the trick? Many others on the market, thanks for tip, you can‘t remember particial video? https://www.amazon.de/HSKB-Ladeadapter-Kopfh%C3%B6rer-Ladeger%C3%A4t-Lade-Adapter/dp/B07YHN9PM2/ref=asc_df_B07YHN9PM2/?tag=googshopde-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=380152412799&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=6545555271664077463&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9044248&hvtargid=pla-828977446959&psc=1&th=1&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=75705107657&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=380152412799&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=6545555271664077463&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9044248&hvtargid=pla-828977446959
2020-1-8
Use props
Durgadas
lvl.1

Germany

fanse55a7666 Posted at 1-8 06:30
You can use the powerbank to cahrge the op while recording with the wifi module. You can also monotor and move the cam with your phone. For the audio, you can use external mics with a separate recorder and synchronize it in post prod.

Yes I know syncing in post is not ideal and danger of forgetting to press to record buttons - and a hassle to make short pauses in recording. But good to know wlan und charching are possible at once.

The OP with wlan module can‘t record an external smartphone microphone via the app?
2020-1-8
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Durgadas Posted at 1-8 12:18
Maybe even this one does the trick? Many others on the market, thanks for tip, you can‘t remember particial video? https://www.amazon.de/HSKB-Ladeadapter-Kopfh%C3%B6rer-Ladeger%C3%A4t-Lade-Adapter/dp/B07YHN9PM2/ref=asc_df_B07YHN9PM2/?tag=googshopde-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=380152412799&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=6545555271664077463&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9044248&hvtargid=pla-828977446959&psc=1&th=1&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=75705107657&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=380152412799&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=6545555271664077463&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9044248&hvtargid=pla-828977446959

I've no idea about your 'link'.
This is the video. It's not mine.
2020-1-8
Use props
Durgadas
lvl.1

Germany

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 1-8 12:34
I've no idea about your 'link'.
This is the video. It's not mine.
Here

thanks, the link turned out strange, the same producht seems to exist for the Osmo action - is it maybe compatible? https://m.dji.com/de/product/cynova-osmo-action-dual-3-5mm-adapter?set_country=DE&gclid=CjwKCAiAmNbwBRBOEiwAqcwwpYaVxQ-qT4DhO82CLXScudbCRGnnWRM1g6WPt0b46Sqp-hRlDNfcrxoCjgcQAvD_BwE
2020-1-8
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Durgadas Posted at 1-8 12:46
thanks, the link turned out strange, the same producht seems to exist for the Osmo action - is it maybe compatible? https://m.dji.com/de/product/cynova-osmo-action-dual-3-5mm-adapter?set_country=DE&gclid=CjwKCAiAmNbwBRBOEiwAqcwwpYaVxQ-qT4DhO82CLXScudbCRGnnWRM1g6WPt0b46Sqp-hRlDNfcrxoCjgcQAvD_BwE

As the audio adapter for the Osmo Pocket does not work with the Osmo Action it's doubtful.
2020-1-9
Use props
Idan Shahar
lvl.3

Israel

use female-female cables to connect the phone connector to the 3.5 mm module!
I can't say if it works but I do wanna try it for myself soon.
The WIFI module has a USB power connection.
2020-1-9
Use props
fanse55a7666
lvl.3
France

Durgadas Posted at 1-8 12:22
Yes I know syncing in post is not ideal and danger of forgetting to press to record buttons - and a hassle to make short pauses in recording. But good to know wlan und charching are possible at once.

The OP with wlan module can‘t record an external smartphone microphone via the app?

no it cannot
2020-1-9
Use props
Durgadas
lvl.1

Germany

Idan Shahar Posted at 1-9 03:34
use female-female cables to connect the phone connector to the 3.5 mm module!
I can't say if it works but I do wanna try it for myself soon.
The WIFI module has a USB power connection.

Please let me know, when you try it, thanks!
2020-1-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Durgadas Posted at 1-8 04:42
Thanks for the answer. This is really sad. Great product. Are there already any plans for a Osmo Pocket 2, maybe with internal blutooth and/or wlan? So phone microphone and power bank can be connected at once? Looking forward to this... I am planning to use the osmo pocket to record art tutorials from the ego perspective, by mounting it at my forhead with a self made headband.

I prefer the osmo pocket to cameras like the go pro for 2 reasons: 1. no fisheye distortion or too wide view. 2. I can see what I record on my handy an even adjust the view direction in the app.

You are very much welcome and thank you for the additional information you have shared Durgadas. As of the moment we do not have any information with DJI's Future products and gimbal cameras. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). In addition you may try to check the DJI Osmo Action. I will post a link where in you can see the overview, specifications and frequently asked questions for the said camera ( https://www.dji.com/osmo-action?site=brandsite&from=nav ). Thank you for your support and fly safe always.
2020-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules