Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air / 2 Pro Every 45th / 30th video frame is noisy
1121 5 2020-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Art Juntunen
lvl.1

Finland

Hello,

I found interesting noise issue in a Mavic Air and a Mavic 2 Pro. When I watch the video filmed with high ISO, I can see shadows flickering every few seconds.

I shoot a lot in dim and dark conditions. So I have to use quite high ISO-values and I often push shadows in post.
I noticed that in Mavic Air videos every 45th frame has very much noise. The next frame(s) right after 45th frame is highly compressed (lot of artifacts). Mavic 2 Pro has also same issue. Only difference is that every 30th frame have a lot of noise.

Resolution and frame rate does not affect the noise frame. Even with ISO 100 there is same issue in the shadow noise.

First thing what came in to my mind was that for some reason codec do not compress every 45th (30th in Mavic 2 Pro) frame. Then codec have to 'catch' the specified bit rate and next few frames are very compressed.

Normal frame 44

Normal frame 44

Noisy frame 45

Noisy frame 45

High compressed frame 46

High compressed frame 46

High compressed frame 47

High compressed frame 47
2020-1-8
Use props
Art Juntunen
lvl.1

Finland

If you compare 45th and 46th frame there is a lot of compression artifacts in 46th frame (left upper corner, out door surface textures etc.)..
2020-1-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you fro reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this concern. I would recommend to adjust the exposure value under you camera settings to decrease contrast between bright and dark areas. For better assistance, please provide a short video of the said concern. Please keep us posted for better assistance. Thank you.
2020-1-8
Use props
Camerahelp
New

India

Arlo app is one of the most important features of the Arlo Security camera. There are so many security cameras available in the market but no one able to beat the services of Arlo. Arlo App is an application that can be used in each device like Arlo App For MAC, Arlo App For PC, etc, if you are experiencing any issue and looking for eradication Dial 18559796456 and gain the best services.
2020-1-9
Use props
Art Juntunen
lvl.1

Finland

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-8 12:57
Hi. Thank you fro reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this concern. I would recommend to adjust the exposure value under you camera settings to decrease contrast between bright and dark areas. For better assistance, please provide a short video of the said concern. Please keep us posted for better assistance. Thank you.

Here is the link for the video clip.

Settings:
-D_Cinelike
-25fps
-1/25s
-ISO 3200

-WB DaylightMavic Air Sky flickers every 45th frame
2020-1-15
Use props
Art Juntunen
lvl.1

Finland

https://www.dropbox.com/s/krixbjthocl6uy9/Mavic%20Air%20Sky%20flickers%20every%2045th%20frame.MP4?dl=0
2020-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules