Why Not Drop Spark & Air & Add Features to Mini?
1227 36 2020-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jon Dow
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A lot of people are moaning that the amazing new Mavic Mini is strangled of key features, such as White Balance Lock and the ability to select shutter speeds in video mode.  

Well, why don't DJI drop the Spark (at least) and maybe the Air, and make the Mavic Mini filled with more options?  It'll still be below the main Mavic Pros as it's only 2.7K, but at least people will be able to use it better.

The Spark seems pointless now, especially as it doesn't fold away, nor does it havea 3-axis gimbal.  The Tello is the cheap-toy for newbies.  The Air is 4K and might be worth keeping in the range. BUT PLEASE, DJI, ADD WHITE BALANCE AND SHUTTER LOCKS TO THE MINI, AND MAYBE A CINE-LOG?? PRETTY PLEASE??

2020-1-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lots of us MM flyers would love to have WB Lock.  Maybe, just maybe, it will come as an added feature in a future firmware.  
2020-1-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

They already discontinued the spark.
2020-1-8
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, the Spark is no longer available to purchase in the DJI store as new. You can get them refurbished though.
2020-1-8
Use props
WrongWay Feldman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19885 ft
United States

So people can upgrade after their Mini blows away?

2020-1-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

WrongWay Feldman Posted at 1-8 12:48
So people can upgrade after their Mini blows away?

Yeah, I agree. The Mini is a weak, under-featured, under-powered device, better to get rid of it and bring out a new machine.
2020-1-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Mavic Air is a great drone, why get rid of it
2020-1-8
Use props
WrongWay Feldman
lvl.4
United States

Geebax Posted at 1-8 13:30
Yeah, I agree. The Mini is a weak, under-featured, under-powered device, better to get rid of it and bring out a new machine.

The Mini is a fine drone, I'm using it as the gateway drug to a Mavic Pro 3.

2020-1-8
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

WrongWay Feldman Posted at 1-8 16:10

There we go!!! I think that’s what I’m doing also!! Lol
2020-1-8
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

+1 I was seduced into buying the mini, now it's sitting on the shelf

The mini is the "Trabant" of the drone world

2020-1-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

lannes Posted at 1-8 16:41
+1 I was seduced into buying the mini, now it's sitting on the shelf

I actually wanted to buy the P4PV2, but because it was not available for sale I bought the M2Pro, then a week later the P4PV2 comes back on the market.....
2020-1-8
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Geebax Posted at 1-8 16:43
I actually wanted to buy the P4PV2, but because it was not available for sale I bought the M2Pro, then a week later the P4PV2 comes back on the market.....

Yeah, I love my P4P, still has the best camera in DJI consumer drones
2020-1-8
Use props
Cal Evans
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85673 ft
United States

WrongWay Feldman Posted at 1-8 16:10

Sadly, the number of people who get your avitar decreases by the day.

But I do love it.

Cheers!
2020-1-8
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

Cal Evans Posted at 1-8 17:36
Sadly, the number of people who get your avitar decreases by the day.

But I do love it.

I just want to see Mary Ann in the background, please!
2020-1-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Sigmo Posted at 1-8 18:50

If Feldman only had RTH in his day.....
2020-1-8
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

"Well, why don't DJI drop the Spark (at least) and maybe the Air, and make the Mavic Mini filled with more options? "

Saving additional features for Mavic Mini 2 or MM Pro?
2020-1-8
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 1-8 13:48
Mavic Air is a great drone, why get rid of it

I agree the mavic Air is at the moment the Best DJI Have.... A little more flight time would be nice but it has enough
2020-1-8
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84423 ft
Spain

You will excuse me, but that statement is absurd. The Mini is a technical delight, it is a drone for what it is, recording in the place where one finds the possibility of moving it away a little. It is not a drone to take it to 1000m. It is very well designed for interiors (without sensors but with its effective protector) and engines and caracteristiques  MORE THAN ENOUGH to be able to take aerial shots. Only two or three things we are asking for are missing and hopefully DJI has the consent to add them.
Anyone who wants to record movies for professional cinema (the mini could do some things here too) or want to take very distant shots or in extreme conditions, for that there is already the Phantom 4 as a MINIMUM and all that are in higher ranges. The one who buys the MINI knows what he is buying. You cannot buy a 100Cv car and ask for the characteristics of a Ferrari.
2020-1-9
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

JM.REYES Posted at 1-9 00:54
You will excuse me, but that statement is absurd. The Mini is a technical delight, it is a drone for what it is, recording in the place where one finds the possibility of moving it away a little. It is not a drone to take it to 1000m. It is very well designed for interiors (without sensors but with its effective protector) and engines and caracteristiques  MORE THAN ENOUGH to be able to take aerial shots. Only two or three things we are asking for are missing and hopefully DJI has the consent to add them.
Anyone who wants to record movies for professional cinema (the mini could do some things here too) or want to take very distant shots or in extreme conditions, for that there is already the Phantom 4 as a MINIMUM and all that are in higher ranges. The one who buys the MINI knows what he is buying. You cannot buy a 100Cv car and ask for the characteristics of a Ferrari.

Completely agree here, mini users know what they are getting, is only a few features missing regarding camera mainly, for the rest is a engineering master piece.

2020-1-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

You will excuse me, but that statement is absurd. The Mini is a technical delight, it is a drone for what it is, recording in the place where one finds the possibility of moving it away a little. It is not a drone to take it to 1000m. It is very well designed for interiors (without sensors but with its effective protector) and engines and caracteristiques  MORE THAN ENOUGH to be able to take aerial shots. Only two or three things we are asking for are missing and hopefully DJI has the consent to add them.
Anyone who wants to record movies for professional cinema (the mini could do some things here too) or want to take very distant shots or in extreme conditions, for that there is already the Phantom 4 as a MINIMUM and all that are in higher ranges. The one who buys the MINI knows what he is buying. You cannot buy a 100Cv car and ask for the characteristics of a Ferrari.

I’m certain knowing the guy for a while now that was said in jest .
2020-1-9
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

I agree it is a technical marvel, however it should not be unreasonable to ask for the same features the Spark possessed as this has replaced the Spark in the portfolio.  
2020-1-9
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Spain

TDZHDTV Posted at 1-9 02:43
I agree it is a technical marvel, however it should not be unreasonable to ask for the same features the Spark possessed as this has replaced the Spark in the portfolio.

I completely agree. I am the first to request the release of the SDK to be able to use Litchi with the mavic mini, to squeeze the full potential of this machine. But to say that it would be better to get rid of him seemed excessive and exaggerated.
2020-1-9
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Spain

hallmark007 Posted at 1-9 02:35
I’m certain knowing the guy for a while now that was said in jest .

I do not say if it is a joke, of course here fit ALL OPINIONS of all. God free me from judging anyone, I just pretend to give my critical point of view I have always tried to be constructive. If we all agreed on everything, this would be a sad book to read, boring.
2020-1-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JM.REYES Posted at 1-9 09:13
I do not say if it is a joke, of course here fit ALL OPINIONS of all. God free me from judging anyone, I just pretend to give my critical point of view I have always tried to be constructive. If we all agreed on everything, this would be a sad book to read, boring.

Don’t understand that post, but hey that’s the way it goes.

Geebax is one of the most helpful guys on this forum and has been for as long as I’ve been here .
2020-1-9
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I think there are a lot of folks with varying wants for the mini. I have my own to be honest. From all the reports we've been seeing lately, I really think the focus should be getting the MM flying right first and foremost. Then worry about features. Some issues has been addressed, some have not, while there seems to be some new issues cropping up. Personally, I would like to see the mini's performance stabilized for everyone and then see some new features. Some experiencing unexplained drops in altitude, Samsung S10 and android 10 issues, Fly app bugs, all serious things that needs corrected IMHO.
2020-1-9
Use props
ulfw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 281381 ft
Turkey

Taking panorama away (which was in the Spark!) is what made me not get a DJI product again.

Hate that my Mavic Mini doesn't have it and manually trying to take a 3x3 is a pain in the ass, slow and never accurate. On the Spark It was a simple tap. Wait half a minute for all 9 pics to be taken, perfectly with the same angles. Done.

Idiotic as this is simply software.
2020-1-9
Use props
jyc
First Officer
Flight distance : 2255846 ft
Canada

TDZHDTV Posted at 1-9 02:43

The Spark weighs 300gr, I think trying to squeeze all it's features into an aircraft that's 51gr lighter would be difficult.
2020-1-9
Use props
jyc
First Officer
Flight distance : 2255846 ft
Canada

Funny analogy. Is the Mini that bad?
2020-1-9
Use props
HomePoint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 1-9 09:19

Geebax is one of the most helpful guys on this forum and has been for as long as I’ve been here .

I think you have both misunderstood each other comments here
2020-1-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HomePoint Posted at 1-9 10:09
I think you have both misunderstood each other comments here

I think your right, I’m totally bemused , I suppose lost in translation;+).....
2020-1-9
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Spain

hallmark007 Posted at 1-9 09:19

Geebax is one of the most helpful guys on this forum and has been for as long as I’ve been here .

Thank you for your point of view. This is what enriches this great forum. Sometimes we don't understand well, or we don't know how to explain what we want to convey. Greetings.
2020-1-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. I will forward these suggestions of yours to our designated department for attention. We will surely keep you posted once we have a new feature available for the DJI Mavic Mini. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
2020-1-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JM.REYES Posted at 1-9 10:17
Thank you for your point of view. This is what enriches this great forum. Sometimes we don't understand well, or we don't know how to explain what we want to convey. Greetings.

Your welcome thank you .
2020-1-9
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I think Hallmark007 always brings something to the table. He's earned my respect that is for sure.
2020-1-9
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

JM.REYES Posted at 1-9 09:08
I completely agree. I am the first to request the release of the SDK to be able to use Litchi with the mavic mini, to squeeze the full potential of this machine. But to say that it would be better to get rid of him seemed excessive and exaggerated.

I want to have the first mini that gets carried away with the wind on a Litchi mission....  
2020-1-9
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Heyyyyy, some of us love our Trabants.  Greatest Car Evar!
2020-1-9
Use props
WrongWay Feldman
lvl.4
United States

Sigmo Posted at 1-8 18:50

Mary Ann all day long over Ginger and...

Bailey Quarters over Jennifer Marlowe.

2020-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules