Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire's total mileage ... (concluded)
921 7 2020-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

... was never my concern before, but how to find out how many hours of flight a particular Inspire has by far?

EDIT

I've checked whatever was accessible on my side or suggested ... Onboard "black box" contains only specific amount of encrypted data, definitely not all from a birth date. Flight records are scattered among several devices my Inspire was connected to and contains not only actual flights, but also simple system powering ups. Not to mention that about a third of missions were conducted by non DJI apps. Adding all this into a total flight time seems to be a gargantuan job not efforts worthy, if possible at all. No way ...
2020-1-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this inquiry. Once you are inside your flight records, please make sure you are logged in to the DJI Account used for the DJI Inspire 2. Then slide the screen to the left or right while in the DJI Go 4 Flight records page to show the flight records of each drone registered to that account. Hope this helps. Thank you.

2020-1-8
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-8 16:34
Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this inquiry. Once you are inside your flight records, please make sure you are logged in to the DJI Account used for the DJI Inspire 2. Then slide the screen to the left or right while in the DJI Go 4 Flight records page to show the flight records of each drone registered to that account. Hope this helps. Thank you.

Thank you for reply, but that will not work. I'm talking about a DJI drone previously owned by somebody else and NOT registered to my account ...
2020-1-8
Use props
fansd845e849
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1495906 ft
Philippines

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 1-8 16:46
Thank you for reply, but that will not work. I'm talking about a DJI drone previously owned by somebody else and NOT registered to my account ...
I've had 2 other inspire 1's in the past and with plenty of miles and hours, all of their records on my account are gone.
So there's no way you can know the true hours because different accounts have different records and you didn't even need to be logged on in the past, neither is login needed to just fly with just the radio.
The closest you can get is by checking the battery cycles.

Also a very high hour inspire will develop tiny cracks on the nose canopy around the screws. Also the landing gear plastic near where the motors are mounted.

My inspire 1 raw has 12 batteries with 100 cycles each and it already has some cracks on the nose canopy and the landing gear where the motor pulls up the aircraft.
So expect over 1000 cycles with average 12 mins each flight. Over 1000x 12 mins is over 12000 mins, or over 200 hours.

I have since repaired it with loctite superglue to fill the small cracks and it has worked well because superglue when fully cures is stronger than the plastic itself.
2020-1-9
Use props
fansd845e849
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1495906 ft
Philippines

The pull ups on the motor's landing gear mount when flying will eventually cause small cracks. The inner airframe is metal but the outer airframe holding components together is plastic from the top frame, nose canopy and bottom frame. The weight bearing of components with the g pulling forces when flying will develop small cracks.

So two signs to look for is the 4 landing gear where the motors are mounted and the screws of the nose canopy that connects the upper and bottom airframe. Those are easily repairable and also replacable.
What really matters is the motors should still be as smooth as new because that indicates the bearing/magnet condition.
The battery voltage is important too.
But I don't know the end of electronoc components because just as laptop motherboard fails, it can be for drones too.
That'd probably happen well over 2000 hours though and you wouldn't fly the same machine that long.

2020-1-9
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

fansd845e849 Posted at 1-9 05:30
The pull ups on the motor's landing gear mount when flying will eventually cause small cracks. The inner airframe is metal but the outer airframe holding components together is plastic from the top frame, nose canopy and bottom frame. The weight bearing of components with the g pulling forces when flying will develop small cracks.

So two signs to look for is the 4 landing gear where the motors are mounted and the screws of the nose canopy that connects the upper and bottom airframe. Those are easily repairable and also replacable.

Thank you for these interesting tips, valuable for many others on the market for used Inspire. I'm surprised, however, that with such sophisticated data-gathering technology DJI drones are equipped with there's no simple on-board flight time counter...
2020-1-9
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 1-9 11:02
Thank you for these interesting tips, valuable for many others on the market for used Inspire. I'm surprised, however, that with such sophisticated data-gathering technology DJI drones are equipped with there's no simple on-board flight time counter...

Hi Matthew

I happened to see your post. They don't seem to have a way to see this important information. You can connect to the DJI assistant and check the black box info.
based on my records
A)  Inspire 2 has 7 hours and 50 flights
B) Mavic Pro 2 has 4 1/4 hours 33 flights

I hope this makes sense to you..

Rich
2020-1-9
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 1-9 17:34
Hi Matthew

I happened to see your post. They don't seem to have a way to see this important information. You can connect to the DJI assistant and check the black box info.  

Thanks Rich, I will try this method to see if there's such information hidden somewhere in Inspire's guts.
EDIT: nope, it's not ...
2020-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules