Cheap knockoff Osmo Pocket mic adaptor
1190 9 2020-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
David_Harry
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Hi.

Here's a cheap knockoff mic adaptor for the Pocket which is actually quite good.

Here's a link to the adaptor for anyone interested: https://geni.us/CheapPocketMicAdaptor

Cheers,
Dave.

2020-1-8
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Doesn't ship to Australia either from UK or US,  but thanks for the suggestion anyway.  (Unfortunate brand name - "Tin Ear" is usually someone who can't discern good audio!)
2020-1-8
Use props
David_Harry
Second Officer
United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 1-8 14:52
Doesn't ship to Australia either from UK or US,  but thanks for the suggestion anyway.  (Unfortunate brand name - "Tin Ear" is usually someone who can't discern good audio!)

Yes, a very unfortunate name for an audio product It’s strange that Tineer sell a whole bunch of Osmo stuff on the Ausie Amazon site but not this adaptor. I’d imagine that the same one sells under different names and is probably just as cheap.

Cheers,
Dave.
2020-1-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Fun name, thanks for the tip!
2020-1-8
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Cheap enough to take apart and build directly into a home made microphone? Perhaps a less sensitive REL mic capsule? Now there's a thought.
2020-1-9
Use props
David_Harry
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 1-9 00:06
Cheap enough to take apart and build directly into a home made microphone? Perhaps a less sensitive REL mic capsule? Now there's a thought.

Hi Ray.

As I said in the video, I've bought this adaptor for exactly that. I've already come up with my smallest mic build so far for the Pocket. It's about the smallest mic ever for the Pocket and makes the whole vlogging rig tiny. It's not perfect due to the tiny size and only being able to use a lavalier deadcat but it's perfect for certain environments.

BTW. I've got the URL www.SmallMic.com Some time this year I'll make up a small simple website that hosts a bunch of 'how to' guides for the mics I modify and build.

Cheers,
Dave.

2020-1-9
Use props
David_Harry
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 1-8 23:35
Fun name, thanks for the tip!

Hi.

You are very welcome and yes, a mad name

Maybe Chinese manufacturers should consult with someone who's first language is English for product titles and company names before they decide to market to the English speaking Western markets and not consult Google Translate

That's not me being racist or anything, it's just a simple fact that a lot of these Chinese manufacturers/products use crazy names for otherwise great products that may get overlooked because their names do not exude confidence.

Or maybe there's a sadistic Englishman that all the Chinese manufacturers use for their grammar checks, manual translations and company/product names, who's sitting off in Beijing laughing his head off

Cheers,
Dave.  
2020-1-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

David_Harry Posted at 1-9 01:09
Hi.

Hahahahaha.
Sure they do!
2020-1-9
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

David_Harry Posted at 1-9 01:09
Hi.

I always thought Chinese company named products was a peculiar twisted form of Chinese humour. In the mid 70s I ate quite often at a Chinese restaurant in London called the 'Tin Luck'
2020-1-9
Use props
JSo
lvl.3
Netherlands

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ ... .0.0.4e024c4dkQ6t81   Even a bit cheaper if you are patient ;-)
2020-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules