Surface Pro 2 as FPV Monitor
3806 12 2014-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kacencox
New

United States

Has anyone used their Surface Pro 2 as an FPV monitor? I would love to use my surface as a monitor, but am not sure what hardware I need to purchase. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Kacen.
2014-11-16
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I have the same computer and am investigating this once I have some time.  It looks like a good place to start and doesn't appear to need any extra hardware.
2014-11-20
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Oops, it does need some hardware but the manual has the details.
2014-11-20
Use props
Autumn
Second Officer

China

Hi Kacen,

Of course u can use ur surface as a monitor, just make sure u have upgraded it to firmware version 4.0 or above, then download and install the "DJI VISION" App from Google Play~

2014-11-20
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

You know the Surface is a Windows device, not an Android device?
2014-11-20
Use props
Autumn
Second Officer

China

Oops.... I forgot it
Sorry!
2014-11-20
Use props
Autumn
Second Officer

China

Well...Asked others for help, it seems that only Android or iOS device can be used as monitor....
Really sorry for that :-(
2014-11-20
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I haven't looked at the SDK yet but I wonder if that will make it able to stream the flight video.  I'll see what I can come up with and get back to you if I figure a way to port flight video to the PC.
2014-11-21
Use props
kacencox
New

United States

K thanks. That would be great.
2014-11-24
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

Do you have an Phantom vision or a normal P2 with FPV ?
2014-11-24
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Daninho Posted at 2014-11-24 23:32
Do you have an Phantom vision or a normal P2 with FPV ?

I have the Vision+ but my understanding is the SDK is the same.

That said; it appears that the libraries are binary (I was hoping they would be in native jscript) so there may not be much hope.

Sorry about that; I also was hopeful of building a Universal app so that it would work on Windows Phone and Windows tablets.

Maybe someday...
2014-11-24
Use props
kacencox
New

United States

I have the P2. I don't have an FPV system as I am trying to figure out what I would need to get to run it on my surface 2.
2014-11-24
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

kacencox@gmail. Posted at 2014-11-25 14:21
I have the P2. I don't have an FPV system as I am trying to figure out what I would need to get to r ...

OK, you have the Phantom 2, not Vision and you want a FPV System. To use your Surface tablet as an FPV monitor will be a problem because FPV is anolog technic with low resolution, you need a special FPV monitor and a FPV transmitter. The only way to use your tablet as an FPV monitor would be when you buy a digital FPV system like the DJI Lightbridge but this is a 1500 dollar system. Analog FPV screens are cheap, like 80 dollar, even if you could use your tablet it would make no sense because the FPV resolution is so low, you dont need a Full HD tablet to show 640x480
2014-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules