2114 13 2020-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gelert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2063238 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

With the Autel Evo II now out of the box along with the Skydio 2 - what features would you be looking for in the forthcoming Mavic 3 ??
For me, interchangeable gimbals would now be quite important - how about you guys ??
2020-1-8
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Mavic 3 with Built-in (FAA / Europe / ... approved) Flight strobes activated manually, upon lose of contact, or crash

Built-in sound squawker activated manually, upon loss of contact, or crash with option to warn on landing

Mavic 3 with Auxiliary power jack (USB-C) for both charging and supplying power in flight
RC with basic control & Flight App with control for 3rd-Party devices via Mavic 3's Auxiliary USB-C

Mavic 3 having (1-2) attach points for 3rd-Party devices
2020-1-8
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

1"-4/3" Camera + Optical Zoom, C4K60, 13 HDR stops.  Smart Controller support.
2020-1-8
Use props
Gelert
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 1-8 22:59
Mavic 3 with Built-in (FAA / Europe / ... approved) Flight strobes activated manually, upon lose of contact, or crash

Built-in sound squawker activated manually, upon loss of contact, or crash with option to warn on landing

Some nice points

I hope they include the EASA approved flight ID system and the slow motion mode to allow flying as near as 5 metres. Hopefully, a user interchangeable gimbal option would be included - allowing changing the Hasselblad camera for a thermal camera from the M2ED - would really suit my needs for video/photography and SAR operations.
2020-1-8
Use props
Gelert
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 1-8 23:10
1"-4/3" Camera + Optical Zoom, C4K60, 13 HDR stops.  Smart Controller support.

Nice points
2020-1-8
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't think the M2ED is good for Search & Rescue though.  Even with the 640 XT it becomes difficult to spot things but not too much.
2020-1-8
Use props
Gelert
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would agree the M2ED is not much use for SAR with its 160 X 120 resolution. The Evo II Dual has a 640 X 512 resolution option - which matches the XT2. Will be interesting to see how it performs and the price. Apparently its scheduled for March release.
2020-1-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Interchange cameras would be good.  Remote ID capable, Slightly lighter for EU regulations,   Large sensor and zoom together.
2020-1-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Gelert Posted at 1-9 00:05
I would agree the M2ED is not much use for SAR with its 160 X 120 resolution. The Evo II Dual has a 640 X 512 resolution option - which matches the XT2. Will be interesting to see how it performs and the price. Apparently its scheduled for March release.

Well when evo1 came out dji waited then produced a great drone in mavic2 , this time it looks like the pressure is on, I have seen a review of the 8k and the features are truly amazing, it was said in the review that Autel skimped on the build , to me it looked great but it’s hard to tell until you actually get info from private users.
I think dji May have been holding back for a couple of years but this will force their hands, I think Autel will be forced because of remote ID to wait before releasing gives dji a chance to get their act together.

Lens swap or camera swap that’s what I would like.
2020-1-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. As of the moment, we don't have any information regarding DJI's future products, please stay tuned to the latest news and events by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media platforms below. Thank you for your understanding and continued support!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI

Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations
2020-1-9
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
Poland

Gelert Posted at 1-8 23:10
Some nice points

I hope they include the EASA approved flight ID system and the slow motion mode to allow flying as near as 5 metres. Hopefully, a user interchangeable gimbal option would be included - allowing changing the Hasselblad camera for a thermal camera from the M2ED - would really suit my needs for video/photography and SAR operations.

Good suggestion on a Thermal camera.
Like to see FLIR affordable for volunteer Fire Depts. and Search/Rescue.
2020-1-9
Use props
izotop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388763 ft

Slovenia

you can swap cameras/gimbals on mavic 2 allready.
2020-1-9
Use props
Gelert
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

izotop Posted at 1-9 17:42
you can swap cameras/gimbals on mavic 2 allready.

Of course you can - but not with the blessing of DJI so if you have Care Refresh warranty it would probably be invalid. With the Evo II its an approved user action.
2020-1-9
Use props
Schmooit
First Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Maybe add a small lower res secondary camera purely for flight where a secondary person could use a second controller to operate the main camera (could be a used as a forward vision sensor if not being used).

Maybe the additon of some sort of IR distance meter to measure distance from object that are out of range of the vision sensors (this could help with range planing).

Easy swap cameras, Flir, Nightvison, Standard style Hasslebad with Zoom.

Only problem is with all these features we are trying to cram all options into one model which will make some of the other models further up the chain kind of redundant but I guess the Inspire models would still be better at taking larger payloads or using you won equipment so there would still be a place for them.

But making one chasis that is modular and can be upgraded at the expensive of the users isnt a bad thing, it could even be that in order to unlock some of these additonal options you pay DJI a subscription in order to use the addtionals (this could also promote users to keeping the bird up to date in line with safety in order to be able to keep using the additionals)

A ultra bright strobe that could be used during bright days for those times when you have temporarily lost sight of your drone could be deployed using a find my drone function or maybe a small red smoke cloud could be deployed to help, or as part of the app it could use aug reality to point the camera on your phone or ipad in the general direction and it would locate it based on its height,distance and GPS fix (similar to the apps that show you the stars or the flight tracker app when help up in the sky) this could be useful when its really sunny! not that sunny in the UK though!

2020-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules