Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Which ND's for MVP2
886 10 2020-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WildWillGreen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182215 ft
United Kingdom

SO, there are options of course brandwise. I like and trust both KASE and POLARPRO - Want the best product possible.
If i went with PolarPro which set is recomended? The vivid or cinema series?

With my Spark i had the full set but never used all of them in fairness.

I mainly shoot photo's with my mavic pro less on the video front but of course do shoot video and will do more this year for sure.....
Any advice would be appreciated.

2020-1-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have the PolarPro but they turned out to be fiddly to fit, so I also got the Freewel variable filter and they are a joy to use and half the price. Quality wise I haven't noticed a difference.  https://www.amazon.co.uk/Freewel ... =asc_df_B07W4GF8WK/
2020-1-9
Use props
second8
lvl.1
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 1-9 03:07
I have the PolarPro but they turned out to be fiddly to fit, so I also got the Freewel variable filter and they are a joy to use and half the price. Quality wise I haven't noticed a difference.  https://www.amazon.co.uk/Freewell-Variable-Neutral-Density-Compatible/dp/B07W4GF8WK/ref=asc_df_B07W4GF8WK/

I also ordered myself the Freewell Variable ND Filters but my units seems faulty.
I noticed terrible vignetting and colour cast around the edges of the frame, paired with more noise being introduced.

I will get a replacement from Harry and will report back.
Otherwise iam very pleased with all the other filters I own from Frewell and the customer support is outstanding!

Anyone else noticed this issue with this variable ND filter?
Otherwise I would say these are the way to go, cause they safe you a lot of trouble and time to set up...
... if they work correctly.

2020-1-9
Use props
Jason James
lvl.3
Flight distance : 827487 ft
Ecuador

second8 Posted at 1-9 08:04
I also ordered myself the Freewell Variable ND Filters but my units seems faulty.
I noticed terrible vignetting and colour cast around the edges of the frame, paired with more noise being introduced.

I have the same Freewell Variable ND filters and I love the concept of not having to switch out filters as often. I haven't had any problems with them yet, bot now that you mention it maybe I will do so testing because I've only flown with them a few times so far...
2020-1-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. Hope that you could get the best recommendation from our valued DJI members here in Forum. Thank you for your continued support!
2020-1-9
Use props
MRomine
lvl.4
Flight distance : 850971 ft
United States

I have the PolarPro ND 16, 32 & 64. To date I have never used the 64 and rarely, except in extreme brightness have I used the 32. The 16 is on the drone all the time but I wish I had the 8 for cloudy days. PolarPro charges an arm and a leg for a single Cinema Series filter ($35.00) for the Mavic 2 Pro and $80 for a set of three.
2020-1-9
Use props
WildWillGreen
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 1-9 03:07
I have the PolarPro but they turned out to be fiddly to fit, so I also got the Freewel variable filter and they are a joy to use and half the price. Quality wise I haven't noticed a difference.  https://www.amazon.co.uk/Freewell-Variable-Neutral-Density-Compatible/dp/B07W4GF8WK/ref=asc_df_B07W4GF8WK/

Yeah the spark ones where a bit fiddly! Oh of course i think you had mentioned those on another post, thanks a lot man. I am tempted by those variable ones but do have a bias towards polar pro.......
2020-1-10
Use props
WildWillGreen
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Oh ok, thats a little worrying! Hmmmm.......... noise worries me and thats something i very much want to avoid. Noisey shots are an absolute nightmare!

Ok cool do that mate, i'm torn now and still leaning towards going with polarpro.
2020-1-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ive not had any vignetting with mine, I know that some of these filters can add an X shape pattern but the Freewell ones always seem to get good reviews.
2020-1-10
Use props
WildWillGreen
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Jason James Posted at 1-9 08:23
I have the same Freewell Variable ND filters and I love the concept of not having to switch out filters as often. I haven't had any problems with them yet, bot now that you mention it maybe I will do so testing because I've only flown with them a few times so far...

Yeah that does have appeal for sure
2020-1-10
Use props
WildWillGreen
lvl.4
United Kingdom

MRomine Posted at 1-9 09:33
I have the PolarPro ND 16, 32 & 64. To date I have never used the 64 and rarely, except in extreme brightness have I used the 32. The 16 is on the drone all the time but I wish I had the 8 for cloudy days. PolarPro charges an arm and a leg for a single Cinema Series filter ($35.00) for the Mavic 2 Pro and $80 for a set of three.

I guess thats the set i'd get most use from myself i would mainly benefit from the same set you have i rarely used my N8 in the past but would be handy to have....

Much appreciated
2020-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules