Inspire 2 Motor question
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
grangecam
lvl.2
Flight distance : 896883 ft
United States

I am wondering what is "normal" when hand-turning the Inspire 2 motors.   I am detecting a slight difference between the CW and CCW motors when I turn them by hand.   I believe they feel different than when the aircraft was new.   The "clicking" sound and feeling is more pronounced on the CCW motors, and a bit noisier than when they were new.    I recently purchased a 2nd new Inspire 2, and turning the motors by hand, they feel very different than the older aircraft.   There is no looseness or play in the motors or props, just a more pronounced "click" feeling due to the internal magnetism of the brushless motors.   Does this need service immediately, or is this normal?
2020-1-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this concern. When you start the motors without the propellers attached are you hearing any difference on each motor? Are you hearing a grinding sound when you spin the motor by hand? And also if you feel that their is a big difference between the Old drone and the New drone. It is best that we have our DJI support team have a thorough check on the said drone. Thank you.
2020-1-9
Use props
grangecam
lvl.2
Flight distance : 896883 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-9 12:46
Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this concern. When you start the motors without the propellers attached are you hearing any difference on each motor? Are you hearing a grinding sound when you spin the motor by hand? And also if you feel that their is a big difference between the Old drone and the New drone. It is best that we have our DJI support team have a thorough check on the said drone. Thank you.

Thank you DJI Paladin, I will send the drone in for warrantee checkup and repair if necessary.   Thanks for your reply!
2020-1-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

grangecam Posted at 1-9 14:07
Thank you DJI Paladin, I will send the drone in for warrantee checkup and repair if necessary.   Thanks for your reply!

You are more than welcome and thank you for your valued support.
2020-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules