Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Smart Controller Firmware Released (10/01/2020)
123456Next >
56008 224 2020-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview:
  • Date: 2020.01.10
  • Smart Controller Firmware: v01.00.0650
  • DJI GO 4 App: v4.3.28
  • DJI Pilot App: v1.6.1
  • DJI Assistant 2: DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic v2.0.10

What’s New?
  • Added QuickFly function. QuickFly can be enabled in settings. Once enabled, the remote controller automatically enters the camera view of DJI GO 4 after powering on if the remote controller is already paired with the aircraft.
  • Added SkyTalk. Go to DJI Lab under settings to enable. Once SkyTalk is enabled, the live view from the aircraft can be shared with friends via third-party social media apps.
  • Optimized the process of selecting the default storage location. Reduced the frequency with which the Smart Controller would restart.
  • Added audio recording during screen recording. Before recording the screen, go to sound under settings to disable or enable audio recording for screen recording.
  • Added electronic Quick Start Guide for Smart Controller.

Notes:
  • This firmware version contains important updates, and the Smart Controller can only be updated to this firmware version using DJI Assistant 2. Download the latest DJI Assistant 2, and follow the steps in the System Update section in the DJI Smart Controller User Manual. Download DJI Assistant 2 at https://www.dji.com/cn/mavic-2/info#downloads.
  • Contact DJI Support if the update fails several times.
  • Internet connection is required for SkyTalk.

2020-1-9
Use props
djiuser_IazQpCHDvwiL
New

Australia

Where is quickfly in settings?
Looked everywhere
2020-1-9
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Finally! It took a really, really, really long time for this to be released. Way too long. Hopefully Mavic 2 Zoom/Pro users can use DJI Pilot now?
2020-1-9
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is the P4Pv2 integration in this update that was in the previous public beta?
2020-1-9
Use props
Dronie2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1336365 ft
Spain

At last!!! Am I dreaming?
2020-1-10
Use props
Part107
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

@DJI Thank you and keep them coming please.
Would be nice if you would stick with one date format on your releases.
2020-1-10
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

There is a language bug in the this new firmware update.

Is someone able to translate what the Chinese text says?

2020-1-10
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee Posted at 1-10 07:14

Using a free online Chinese OCR and then putting that text into Google Translate gives the below.
So it appears likely this is the option to turn on the first feature listed in the release notes.

"Added QuickFly function. QuickFly can be enabled in settings. Once enabled, the remote controller automatically enters the camera view of DJI GO 4 after powering on if the remote controller is already paired with the aircraft."

2020-1-10
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee Posted at 1-9 22:16
Is the P4Pv2 integration in this update that was in the previous public beta?

I *think* they've removed the P4Pv2 integration that was in the 0560 firmware beta.  I don't own a P4Pv2, but I had done some testing with a friend a while back during the beta program.  When I go look at the Aircraft Management screen in the settings, my friend's P4Pv2 is now showing an icon of an M2Z instead of the P4Pv2.

If I'm right, I don't understand why they didn't keep this integration.  It worked really well from my short experience, and I don't recall seeing anything negative from other beta testers.

With the re-release of the of the P4Pv2 in the past few days, it seems like this would have been a great opportunity to bolster that release.  Seems like a missed opportunity, doesn't it?

2020-1-10
Use props
knarfboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 494508 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI !!! Include the support for Phantom 4 pro a.s.a.p. please!

DJI no longer seems to care what customers want.

The top priority is the fight against hackers who modify the firmware to unlock FCC in Europe or remove no-fly beans.
Such as the firmware c0.1.00.50.00 for the Phantom 4 pro v2.0.
The quality of the firmware doesn't matter.
The worst thing is that it is no longer possible to roll back to an older firmware version.
In the future, please avenge this once again if a serious error occurs in a new firmware.

2020-1-10
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Here is another Chinese language bug.  

How did this go through quality assurance and nobody catch 2 glaringly obvious text problems.

This one comes up with you turn the SkyTalk feature on in the DJI Lab settings.

When I do a Chinese OCR and put that into Google Translate, I get this:
2020-1-10
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI,
Which third-party apps did DJI test with and are supported for SkyTalk?

2020-1-10
Use props
DanielVieira
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4633533 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

KlooGee Posted at 1-10 07:20
Using a free online Chinese OCR and then putting that text into Google Translate gives the below.
So it appears likely this is the option to turn on the first feature listed in the release notes.

Thanks!
2020-1-10
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S
lvl.4
Flight distance : 510968 ft
Israel

I get another strange phenomenon. Let me know if you see it too.
I updated the SC through the onboard system update. It all appears to have gone smoothly, except after the update it still tells me my version is the old version and there's an update available.
Has anyone else encountered that?
I haven't tried updating through Assistant 2 yet.

Edit: I see now that it says it can only be updated with Assistant 2. Why does DJI embed a video showing both ways immediately after that note then?...
I'll try with Assistant 2 and let you know what happens.

2020-1-10
Use props
Gary Blake
lvl.2
Flight distance : 76050 ft
Canada

Wasted over two hours trying to get this update loaded. First DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic would not recognize the Smart Controller. After about ten attempts and re-installing Assistant 2 software it finally decided to recognize the Smart Controller, didnt do anything different than the first 9 tries. Had the same problem with the Mavic 2 Pro when I tried to update the firmware on that (brand new). Now two hours in to the update process since the controller was recognized - gets to 99% and then says "update failed", it has done this about 6 times now and I have uploaded an error log each time. I have done probably hundreds of camera and lens firmware updates with Olympus and Sony equipment. This is my first DJI purchase and I must say I am not impressed.
2020-1-10
Use props
djiuser_IazQpCHDvwiL
New

Australia

djiuser_IazQpCHDvwiL Posted at 1-9 22:08
Looked everywhere

Update: found it, its under settings, dji lab, and its the top option (in Chinese for some reason)
2020-1-10
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can't get mine to update.  installs and finishes but after reboot, says new firmware is available and reports old software still in the scm.  iow, the new software update won't take.
i will try assistant this weekend.
2020-1-10
Use props
dronie1965
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

The Saint Posted at 1-10 18:01
I can't get mine to update.  installs and finishes but after reboot, says new firmware is available and reports old software still in the scm.  iow, the new software update won't take.
i will try assistant this weekend.

It says clearly that this update only has to be done via assisant
2020-1-10
Use props
BIGDZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10255860 ft
  • >>>
United States

Funny, I did a system update check and it said, I was on the latest version now, which for me is V01.00.0530. There was no new fw update pop-up. Even checked Assistant 2 for mavic and that also says I'm on current version.
2020-1-10
Use props
Emma
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5635279 ft
  • >>>
France

BIGDZ Posted at 1-10 21:25
Funny, I did a system update check and it said, I was on the latest version now, which for me is V01.00.0530. There was no new fw update pop-up. Even checked Assistant 2 for mavic and that also says I'm on current version.

Same For Me ....
2020-1-11
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Emma Posted at 1-11 00:36
Same For Me ....

Same for me :( :( :(
2020-1-11
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee Posted at 1-10 09:08
Here is another Chinese language bug.  

How did this go through quality assurance and nobody catch 2 glaringly obvious text problems.

Probably that and other firmware issues.  Maybe the internals of our Smart Controllers are different.  I wonder if the .650 firmwares people have now will never be corrected?

Can we assume the update was initially intended for .530 to .650 and the people who see the update are from .560 beta to .650 that something  was written wrong in the coding that wasn't caught sooner?  Either the .530 people that update to .650 will have incomplete features or .560 to .650 will have incomplete features and/or undoable damage for future firmware updates?

Should've just rolled out .560 beta as Public firmware w/o allowing people to update to .650 until .560 was fully programmed in.  This is what happens when things aren't known to certain people in time.  The engineering team was working on P4PV2.0, Mavic Mini, Ronin-SC, Osmo 3, etc. firmwares that the Smart Controller was done improper.

We .530 who couldn't get the .560 beta in e-mail that have requested are probably saved?

When DJI fixes the firmware, I hope they ensure the support from .530 to .650 as most of the Smart Controller users aren't Beta.
2020-1-11
Use props
raven swe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

I was on .530 and updated to .650, everything seems ok except it stopped my google play services from working, no big loss really as I only used it for a couple apps that are on my phone anyway,
2020-1-11
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

raven swe Posted at 1-11 01:52
I was on .530 and updated to .650, everything seems ok except it stopped my google play services from working, no big loss really as I only used it for a couple apps that are on my phone anyway,

Well something is wrong if it crashes.  Something deep.  If there was an Android update, Android depreciates certain codes that no longer work.  You have to have a min API package.  Maybe the new update demands more than what the Smart Controller can offer?  I hope they can catch this and modify 1 or more variables to ensure flight reliability.
I want to fly the new firmware
2020-1-11
Use props
raven swe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

nothing crashes on mine, google play is not on the sc, its a dick about to get it on and working, some people have luck getting it to work, others don't, I was lucky and it worked for me until the update, no loss as I don't really need it.
2020-1-11
Use props
knarfboy
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

BIGDZ Posted at 1-10 21:25
Funny, I did a system update check and it said, I was on the latest version now, which for me is V01.00.0530. There was no new fw update pop-up. Even checked Assistant 2 for mavic and that also says I'm on current version.

Emma Posted at 1-11 00:36

Same For Me ....

DJI apparently withdrew the update for the Smart Controller due to the many errors. it is currently no longer available.
2020-1-11
Use props
Reigo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1672146 ft
Estonia

RE: New Smart Controller Firmware Released (10/01/2020)

knarfboy Posted at 1-10 08:20
DJI !!! Include the support for Phantom 4 pro a.s.a.p. please!

DJI no longer seems to care what customers want.

By "hacking the software" you mean simply that those guys install a few software packages including an app that can send fake GPS data to other apps? This seems like kiddie stuff, not hacking. Plus.. its an utter stupidity to install all those extra bugs that come along with new packages. Installing unnecessary software only makes the Smart Controller more laggy and more prone to crash. Not a good idea from a pilote´s point of view.

The way to get to FCC mode in EU is hack the satellite system!
So the controller receives a REAL signal that positions it where you need.

It's done by simply sending a gps signal that is stronger than the one coming from the satellite system.
You can use transmission-capable SDR radios for this and there are software tools for creating a GPS positioning signal with desired coordinates for both linux and win.

So you can call this method hacking the satellite system, rather than hacking the Smart Controller.
You intercept the satellite systems performance not the smart controllers. The controller does everything it should - correctly - when switching the mode to FCC if it receives a different location coordinate.
2020-1-11
Use props
Reigo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1672146 ft
Estonia

Reigo Posted at 1-11 03:06
By "hacking the software" you mean simply that those guys install a few software packages including an app that can send fake GPS data to other apps? This seems like kiddie stuff, not hacking. Plus.. its an utter stupidity to install all those extra bugs that come along with new packages. Installing unnecessary software only makes the Smart Controller more laggy and more prone to crash. Not a good idea from a pilote´s point of view.

The way to get to FCC mode in EU is hack the satellite system!

I´m just pointing out, that if you claim that dji puts a lot of effort to fight with people installing software apps on SC, then it's kind of wasted effort, if you consider other more effective methods that can be used to switch the settings.
2020-1-11
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

knarfboy Posted at 1-11 02:40
DJI apparently withdrew the update for the Smart Controller due to the many errors. it is currently no longer available.

We aren't sure if those who have the .650 now have buggy firmware or..

Someone let us know when the update is ready?

2020-1-11
Use props
daveiw1956
New

France

Nightmare, won't download via smart controller (4% after 30 mins), cant use Mac as Horndis driver is incompatible with Catalina(Mac OS) so looks like I a stuck iunless I can borrow a windows machine
2020-1-11
Use props
ting-ting
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5871467 ft
  • >>>
United States

Update software no problem, no way to test it out do to weather here. Just waiting to see who has updated it and is flying it.
2020-1-11
Use props
Checki
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17110 ft
Germany

Did the firmware update, it also updated the Go App to Version .28!!!

I flew in all modes (T P S), tested various settings, and didnt see any problems at all.
2020-1-11
Use props
Adam9997
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2491175 ft
  • >>>
United States

Checki Posted at 1-11 06:18
Did the firmware update, it also updated the Go App to Version .28!!!

I flew in all modes (T P S), tested various settings, and didnt see any problems at all.

Updated from the non beta version using the computer all went well but it did corrupt the google services. I ended up resetting the controller and reinstalled google services. Everything works great in fact Pix4Dcapture works where in previous version it didn’t. Wish DJI would make GS pro available to android.

2020-1-11
Use props
TVOD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1680082 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, At last! the firmware I have been pappin on about for months, just to let you all know it installed first time , i have no Chinese fonts anywhere, no more lag, the instant fly works, I have just noticed that the Go4 app crashed on me but it restarted on its own which is new.
2020-1-11
Use props
knarfboy
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Smart Controller Update is back, with a new Android kernel from today. Sat Januar 11 15:42:27 Hongkong Time 2020
If you had the older version installed , use the Mavic Assistant and update again to get the new one.
(@michi1911 , this photo is under creative commons license, every one feel free to use it - www.kopter.support.de )
IMG_0017.jpg
2020-1-11
Use props
fans4e6caa01
New
Canada

djiuser_IazQpCHDvwiL Posted at 1-10 15:43
Update: found it, its under settings, dji lab, and its the top option (in Chinese for some reason)

Mine is in English,took forever to find it though
2020-1-11
Use props
djiuser_lhgyetaF8Xtz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53996 ft
Germany

2020-1-11
Use props
djiuser_lhgyetaF8Xtz
lvl.2
Germany

Here you are:

2020-1-11
Use props
Avronaut
lvl.2
Germany

djiuser_IazQpCHDvwiL Posted at 1-9 22:08
Looked everywhere

Settings / Device / DJI Lab / Fly Immediatly
2020-1-11
Use props
SzczechzCzech
lvl.4
Flight distance : 708661 ft
Czechia

All good with update on my smart controller with the controller update only - not via assistant. Also no language bugs in my case. And Fly Immediately is an awesome option.
2020-1-11
Use props
123456Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules