New Smart Controller Firmware Released (10/01/2020)
56081 224 2020-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BillTheDroneReviewer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1211427 ft
  • >>>
United States

I thought with the re-release of the DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 and with the beta testing of the Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 on the Smart Controller that it would be included in this release.

I can't tell you what an incredible experience it is to use the Smart Controller with the Phantom 4 Pro V2.0.

Hopeful this will happen shortly in the next update.
2020-1-13
Use props
BillTheDroneReviewer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1211427 ft
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee Posted at 1-10 07:35
I *think* they've removed the P4Pv2 integration that was in the 0560 firmware beta.  I don't own a P4Pv2, but I had done some testing with a friend a while back during the beta program.  When I go look at the Aircraft Management screen in the settings, my friend's P4Pv2 is now showing an icon of an M2Z instead of the P4Pv2.

If I'm right, I don't understand why they didn't keep this integration.  It worked really well from my short experience, and I don't recall seeing anything negative from other beta testers.

David I was one of the beta testers. I put it through it's paces and found no issues at all. Was so happy when I saw there was a firmware update for the Smart Controller but very disappointed it did not include the DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2.0. Hope they correct this because DJI could sell a lot of Smart Controllers that way.  
2020-1-13
Use props
plextech
lvl.1

Australia

KlooGee Posted at 1-10 07:35
I *think* they've removed the P4Pv2 integration that was in the 0560 firmware beta.  I don't own a P4Pv2, but I had done some testing with a friend a while back during the beta program.  When I go look at the Aircraft Management screen in the settings, my friend's P4Pv2 is now showing an icon of an M2Z instead of the P4Pv2.

If I'm right, I don't understand why they didn't keep this integration.  It worked really well from my short experience, and I don't recall seeing anything negative from other beta testers.

Removing the P4 profiles is a really stupid move. Although my own bird is an M2P, I teach using a fleet of P4v2 drones and I was really looking forward to doing everything with my own personal SC.
2020-1-14
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Because the hassle of using a bind pin to switch between the Smart Controller and the Standard Controller for mapping apps like GS Pilot would make the warranty/repair claims too high when people push the button in too far breaking it or they are worried that it would be near 100% broken and in flight goes 100% that it crashes or flies away into an airport eventually causing DJI drones to not be allowed in the US any longer.

It would have been easier if you could have DJI GS Pilot built into the Smart Controller but that requires iOS and iOS is not open source.  I'm glad they didn't include it so what I've said up top doesn't happen to me.

2020-1-14
Use props
BobB
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 1-14 02:01
Because the hassle of using a bind pin to switch between the Smart Controller and the Standard Controller for mapping apps like GS Pilot would make the warranty/repair claims too high when people push the button in too far breaking it or they are worried that it would be near 100% broken and in flight goes 100% that it crashes or flies away into an airport eventually causing DJI drones to not be allowed in the US any longer.

It would have been easier if you could have DJI GS Pilot built into the Smart Controller but that requires iOS and iOS is not open source.  I'm glad they didn't include it so what I've said up top doesn't happen to me.

Interesting. Where did you get your information to come to that conclusion about the binding button?
2020-1-14
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

BobB Posted at 1-14 03:14
Interesting. Where did you get your information to come to that conclusion about the binding button?

I just like to make stuff up on the fly with reasons to back it for fun from what I've seen in the past.  It's the best thing to do w/o creating material from intangible code or other tangible building materials while maintaining some sort of ownership while exercising discovery and hopefully finding new better ways of conducting my future presentations that could eventually change the world or at least individual people beyond what anyone else has to offer.

If you are wondering where I come up with the conclusion of the binding button and the P4PV2.0 not being on the Smart Controller, we can say memory recollection but it could really by the creators that have made everything inputting the thoughts into my mind at the right times like our brain are just RAM and the actually hard data is somewhere else outside of us but connected.  I've seen this become beneficial in all areas of life.  In the end, whether we like it or not it will always continue.  We do indeed have control as those methods can only do so much so I believe it's up to us to find out how to make things happen w/o much issues.  Having data collected from other places that have involved the problems of other people such as the Mavic Mini flyaways makes it safer to steer clear and just stick to what works, the M2 series has been perfect for me except the gimbal problem of the M2P out of the box which I sent in and is currently under warranty repair.
2020-1-14
Use props
Mudcon
lvl.3

United States

Wish they would do the P4pv2 for the smart remote, all the ones I talked to testing the beta loved it.
2020-1-14
Use props
djiuser_HOdekpjaVAie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 72405 ft

Denmark

Why are my Flight Record / FLIGHT DATA not updated after release of Firmware: v01.00.0650 ?
2020-1-14
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2289429 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Hi,
Could You help me, Assistant2 method doesn't work on Mojave (MacBook Pro).
SC is not visible for app.No update refresh via wi-fi.
2020-1-14
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

AEROKAMERA Posted at 1-14 10:25
Hi,
Could You help me, Assistant2 method doesn't work on Mojave (MacBook Pro).
SC is not visible for app.No update refresh via wi-fi.

If you update it through wifi it will get stuck at 1%.  I think they pulled the ability to do it from itself if you can't see it.

You need a Windows PC to update just like we need an iOS to use DJI GS Pilot.  Either you acquire one to use to pass the update or never be able to update.

To be honest, I can't tell the difference between .530 and .650.
2020-1-14
Use props
raven swe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

what, you don't see quickfly
2020-1-14
Use props
CanonMax
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Bob Draijer Posted at 1-13 07:44
After update to 1.00.650 the UI craches on every start up, the logbook function does not work anymore can i downgrade to previeus firmware? I grounded my smart controler!!!

wat bedoel je met LOGBOEK functie, Bob?
I do not have problems with the Smart Controller after I succeeded in updating the firmware (after taking out the MicroSD card.....)
2020-1-15
Use props
CanonMax
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

BIGDZ Posted at 1-11 10:50
For some reason mine keeps failing to update using Assistant 2 for Mavic. Weird how some have updated with no issues. I have tried multiple times.

in case you have a MicroSD card in your Smart Controller... you need to remove that in order to be able to update.... strange... but that works!!
2020-1-15
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

AntDX316 Posted at 1-14 19:29
If you update it through wifi it will get stuck at 1%.  I think they pulled the ability to do it from itself if you can't see it.

You need a Windows PC to update just like we need an iOS to use DJI GS Pilot.  Either you acquire one to use to pass the update or never be able to update.
To be clear I’ve just updated my SC to the latest FW via wi-fi sucesfully. I’d like to refresh that FW to correct chinesse text. I’m not able to do it neither via wi-fi nor using Assistant2 on Mojave (MacBook Pro)
Edit: Just’ve tried on Mavericks, doesn’t work also.
Any chance to do the update via Assistant2 on Mac?
2020-1-15
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

AEROKAMERA Posted at 1-15 00:48
To be clear I’ve just updated my SC to the latest FW via wi-fi sucesfully. I’d like to refresh that FW to correct chinesse text. I’m not able to do it neither via wi-fi nor using Assistant2 on Mojave (MacBook Pro)
Edit: Just’ve tried on Mavericks, doesn’t work also.
Any chance to do the update via Assistant2 on Mac?

You've updated to .650 with wifi on the controller w/o Assistant 2?
2020-1-15
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

AntDX316 Posted at 1-15 06:41
You've updated to .650 with wifi on the controller w/o Assistant 2?
Yes because Assistant2 doesn’t work on Mac. QuickFly option in chinese
2020-1-15
Use props
AnthonyLauter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 74180 ft

South Africa

djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S Posted at 1-10 13:16
I get another strange phenomenon. Let me know if you see it too.
I updated the SC through the onboard system update. It all appears to have gone smoothly, except after the update it still tells me my version is the old version and there's an update available.
Has anyone else encountered that?

Remove your SD card before updating any firmware.
2020-1-15
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

AnthonyLauter Posted at 1-15 09:57
Remove your SD card before updating any firmware.
Why do you think I have a sd card in my SC? Please read my earlier posts
2020-1-15
Use props
Dronie2
First Officer
Flight distance : 1336365 ft
Spain

AEROKAMERA Posted at 1-15 09:18
Yes because Assistant2 doesn’t work on Mac. QuickFly option in chinese

Assistant 2 works on my Mac. I updated without any trouble.
QuickFly option can be set in Spanish.
2020-1-15
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

Dronie2 Posted at 1-15 11:08
Assistant 2 works on my Mac. I updated without any trouble.
Can you describe your setup?
Did you try to refresh last FW?
2020-1-15
Use props
Dronie2
First Officer
Spain

AEROKAMERA Posted at 1-15 11:39
Can you describe your setup?
Did you try to refresh last FW?

Assistant 2 has always worked in my Mac without any troubles. Every firmware has been updated with Assistant 2.

Yes, I refreshed last firmware and it works. No bugs with language.
2020-1-15
Use props
Checki
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17110 ft
Germany

I did update without assistant first. Got the buggy 650 version.
Tried it hundred times with two windows pc and the assistant never saw my controller.
Now, on a mac, assistant can see the controller and did the update / refresh, so I'm on the latest 650 version now.
I habe an older version of mac, don't know which one, about 3 years old.
2020-1-15
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Dronie2 Posted at 1-15 11:08
Assistant 2 works on my Mac. I updated without any trouble.

The same here
2020-1-15
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

Dronie2 Posted at 1-15 12:35
Assistant 2 has always worked in my Mac without any troubles. Every firmware has been updated with Assistant 2.

Yes, I refreshed last firmware and it works. No bugs with language.

Hi, what cable do you use? What Mac do you use?
2020-1-16
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

2020-1-16
Use props
Dronie2
First Officer
Spain

AEROKAMERA Posted at 1-16 03:23

The original that comes with  SC

MacOS Catalina 10.15.2

2020-1-16
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

Dronie2 Posted at 1-16 04:00
The original that comes with  SC

I can't use original DJI cable straight with my MacBook Pro because of USB-C only in my MBP.
I use Apple USB-C to USB-C cable, so SC is not seen in Assistant2.
2020-1-16
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

The idea is to get over with the update and move on.  Not get stuck on it like what college to go to or what house to move into.  The update feels pretty much the same as .530.  It's not like going from the Spark to the M2.  The Spark to the M2 is a 3x upgrade in everything.  It took a while to gain distance flight confidence w/ it but it can be done easy.  The zoom feature imo beats the M2P.  Night shots and photos, the M2P wins but loitering and wandering for fun, I select the M2Z.
2020-1-16
Use props
JohnF888
lvl.2
Flight distance : 132625 ft
Australia

Hi Everyone,
Is there a way to download this firmware and update offline?

We have 6 Smart Controllers and very poor internet in a remote location.

I would like to take firmware with me to update locally. Otherwise it will be a nightmare to download onto 6 individual devices.

Thanks,

John
2020-1-16
Use props
Dronie2
First Officer
Spain

AEROKAMERA Posted at 1-16 04:08
I can't use original DJI cable straight with my MacBook Pro because of USB-C only in my MBP.
I use Apple USB-C to USB-C cable, so SC is not seen in Assistant2.

Perhaps an adaptor from USB-A to USB-C?
2020-1-16
Use props
Dronie2
First Officer
Spain

2020-1-16
Use props
knarfboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 494508 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Smart controler new firmware again kernel from Monday
2020-1-16
Use props
knarfboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 494508 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Smart controler new firmware again kernel from Monday 13. Jan.
2020-1-16
Use props
Dronie2
First Officer
Spain

knarfboy Posted at 1-16 07:33
Smart controler new firmware again kernel from Monday 13. Jan.
[view_image]

Updated/Refreshed. Thank you very much.
2020-1-16
Use props
Checki
lvl.2
Germany

Why do people say, you need the original USB cable from dji?
That's complete bull..., and makes no sense at all if you think about it for 1 second!

I have an older mac, too lazy to check the version now, it's about 3-4 years old.
So, with mac it definitely works, and I think most of us have friends with an apple computer to do the update...
2020-1-16
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

Dronie2 Posted at 1-16 05:35
[view_image]
Tried on Windows 10 with no succes.
Finaly I decided to do Factory Reset and try again using DJI cable on Win. Succes! FW refreshed.
After that I tested DJI and Baseus cables (USB-A to USB-C) with Apple USB-A to USB-C adaptor, both work.
Still Apple USB-C to USB-C cable doesn’t work, third party one I bougt also doesn’t work.
I think it must be a bug the USB-C to USB-C connection doesn’t work.
2020-1-16
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

Checki Posted at 1-16 08:40
Why do people say, you need the original USB cable from dji?
That's complete bull..., and makes no sense at all if you think about it for 1 second!

Look at my post #116
2020-1-16
Use props
Dronie2
First Officer
Spain

AEROKAMERA Posted at 1-16 08:46
Tried on Windows 10 with no succes.
Finaly I decided to do Factory Reset and try aganin using DJI cable on Win. Succes! FW refreshed.
After that I tested DJI and Baseus cables (USB-A to USB-C) with Apple USB-A to USB-C adaptor, both work.

Glad to know that you could update/refresh the FW, finally.
2020-1-16
Use props
Checki
lvl.2
Germany

AEROKAMERA Posted at 1-16 08:49
Look at my post #116

I don't need to do that, because from my own experience, it doesn't help, I tested every possible solution, also the cables.

In the end, it worked on a MAC, original or some other cable, makes no difference.
Therre is some problem with Windows or the Windows version of the assistant programm from dji.
I reinstalled everything, I used 3 different PCs, I reset the smart controller, in the end, just apple helped me updating the firmware.

And with little knowledge about tec, you would know that it CAN'T make any difference to use the "original" USB cable.

Because USB cables are

All
The
Same
2020-1-16
Use props
AnthonyLauter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 74180 ft

South Africa

AEROKAMERA Posted at 1-15 10:13
Why do you think I have a sd card in my SC? Please read my earlier posts

That was the only thing that allowed the firmware to update.
2020-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules