New Smart Controller Firmware Released (10/01/2020)
56014 224 2020-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Avronaut
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53996 ft
Germany

So we are now waiting for an upgrade of the firmware. Hopefully not for too long.
2020-1-21
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

roamer105 Posted at 1-16 10:02
Has anyone tried to re-install or update Litchi or Dronelink on the Smart Controller after the  0650 upgrade? I discovered that the PACKAGE INSTALLER STOPS immediately upon invocation. True for all and any packages. Looks like DJI LOCKED DOWN the Smart Controller.

I proceeded to downgrade back to 0530 and install the later version of GO4 and everything else I use occasionally. No problems with that process and I will stay away from 0650 until someone is able to come up with a work-around or fix for the Package Installer problem. Maybe DJI did not really intend to lock down the SC and will fix it? I sure hope so.

They locked it down for some reason.  Why isn't the Smart Controller just a bigger android phone with a better screen setup?

Dronelink?  Better than DJI GS Pilot?
2020-1-21
Use props
akozc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Japan

Has anyone tried to re-install or update Litchi or Dronelink on the Smart Controller after the  0650 upgrade? I discovered that the PACKAGE INSTALLER STOPS immediately upon invocation. True for all and any packages. Looks like DJI LOCKED DOWN the Smart Controller.

I proceeded to downgrade back to 0530 and install the later version of GO4 and everything else I use occasionally. No problems with that process and I will stay away from 0650 until someone is able to come up with a work-around or fix for the Package Installer problem. Maybe DJI did not really intend to lock down the SC and will fix it? I sure hope so.

please check  my earlier post #73
2020-1-22
Use props
roamer105
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3156145 ft
  • >>>
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 1-21 21:09
They locked it down for some reason.  Why isn't the Smart Controller just a bigger android phone with a better screen setup?

Dronelink?  Better than DJI GS Pilot?

I thought so too, but that is not so. The "lock down" (Installer keeps stopping) is a result of a not-quite-OK upgrade. I ended up doing a factory reset first, removed the SD card and then proceeded doing the upgrade to 0650 using the correct Assistant.

The result: Everything INCLUDING the installer works great on 0650.

Do this - and you'll be fine.
2020-1-22
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

roamer105 Posted at 1-22 09:23
I thought so too, but that is not so. The "lock down" (Installer keeps stopping) is a result of a not-quite-OK upgrade. I ended up doing a factory reset first, removed the SD card and then proceeded doing the upgrade to 0650 using the correct Assistant.

What is even worth using apps other than Go4 on the Smart Controller?

You risk crashing your Smart Controller in a freeze w/ unsupported apps.  The idea is to have More support that works when you need it the most.  Flying out in the field, over objects and such, reliability is very important.
2020-1-22
Use props
Avronaut
lvl.2
Germany

roamer105 Posted at 1-22 09:23

Everything? So the flight log recording also works for you?
2020-1-25
Use props
CanonMax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Bob Draijer Posted at 1-16 14:54
Its solved… . after starting up my sc today it started to download a update same number and every thing works fine.

that's better! Looking for some sun in The Netherlands as we should be called since Jan 1st 2020
Have fun!
2020-1-25
Use props
Avronaut
lvl.2
Germany

Flight Logs...

Since the update of the Smart Controller to .0650, flight logs are no longer recorded. Neither on the SM, nor on the Go4 app on my smartphone. As a remedy, I had already logged out and back in my account and also carried out a factory reset. But without success.
Do the flight logs work for you?
2020-1-25
Use props
Hover-Fly
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2425 ft
United Kingdom

JuJuMP2_User Posted at 1-11 10:44
Same here.
Waiting for weather to improve, blowing a Hoolie here.
Got a nice silicon protector/visor for it.

I've been using that same hood for a while.
Cheers and regards
2020-1-26
Use props
Hover-Fly
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2425 ft
United Kingdom

knarfboy Posted at 1-19 08:56
Shame on all beta testers who have not found these many errors in advance.
And also a shame about the one who decided to remove support for the Phantom 2 pro v2.0.

Beta testing was very weird - anyone who sent in any experiences got absolutely no feedback at all from DJI. It was like gazing into a crystal ball, darkly. There is a lot about dealing with this side of DJI that is like looking up at a big grey blank wall. I've beta tested stuff all over and am bilingual in a number of languages, I can read Chinese, I'm bilingual in Japanese, but this experience was something other worldly. Cheers and regards.
2020-1-26
Use props
Checki
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17110 ft
Germany

Don't know if that helps, but with airdata installed, the flight logs still get uploaded automatically and I can watch them online on their site... That means, there must be some logs?

I have the third update from 13th January installed and the latest airdata app.
2020-1-27
Use props
DDens
New
Flight distance : 334954 ft
Russia

About 50 minutes and my SC updated successfully!...
2020-1-27
Use props
knarfboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 494508 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Any body check, if DJI release a new firmware after jan. 13 again?
2020-1-28
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

knarfboy Posted at 1-28 03:26

Many of us couldn't even get the firmware to get seen or download the same day and/or the next day or 2.  They fixed it though.  I had trouble on a refresh because the Smart Controller turned itself off during the update which made it where I had to go through various steps to make it work perfectly.
2020-1-28
Use props
Checki
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17110 ft
Germany

knarfboy Posted at 1-28 03:26

I haven't heard anywhere there is a newer firmware, so I guess the one from the 13th is the latest. But I check it soon
2020-1-29
Use props
M Stuart K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1267717 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does anyone know what could be causing my smart controller to not connect to assistant 2.  When I plug the remote into my PC with the supplied Type C cable assistant 2 will not recognize the smart remote.  I have tried the ususal suspect actions, such as: uninstalled assistant 2 and reinstalled to the most recent application.  I have tried it on a different PC.  I restarted each PC and the smart remote.  I have used a different cable and even tried the standard USB port on the front of the device into a type C port on my computer.  Any assistance will be appreciated.
2020-1-31
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

M Stuart K Posted at 1-31 05:33
Does anyone know what could be causing my smart controller to not connect to assistant 2.  When I plug the remote into my PC with the supplied Type C cable assistant 2 will not recognize the smart remote.  I have tried the ususal suspect actions, such as: uninstalled assistant 2 and reinstalled to the most recent application.  I have tried it on a different PC.  I restarted each PC and the smart remote.  I have used a different cable and even tried the standard USB port on the front of the device into a type C port on my computer.  Any assistance will be appreciated.

You have to go into Developer mode and enable USB debugging.
2020-1-31
Use props
alloffroad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6339409 ft
  • >>>
Australia

why have the note that it cant be updated via a controller on bottom of the screen on Smart Remote???? I first updated via Smart remote now the Mavic 2 will not connect anymore when trying to update via Mavic Assistant on Mac v 2.0.8 on Catalina it sees the Remote but can't find Firmware updates yes I'm using supplied DJ cable
2020-1-31
Use props
alloffroad
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

dronie1965 Posted at 1-10 21:06
It says clearly that this update only has to be done via assisant

yes at the bottom of the screen on Smart Remote if you scroll all the way down, that should be on top!
2020-1-31
Use props
alloffroad
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

So thought I quickly update my Smart Controller Firmware before a big trip next week.

I first update trough the Smart Controller itself, seems logical if it askes me if I like to update. As most I read the first few lines and click update. Only after the update is in progress, I scroll all the way down and see that the update can only be done via DJI Assitant 2. Hm why can I initiate an update if that is not supposed to happen? Why is the note that it needs to be done via Assistant ONLY on bottom of scroll screen after everything else?

I let the SC update finish, and it tells me it is successful (it's not) now my Mavic Pro constantly disconnects from SC and can't be used.

Ok now I connect Smart Controller to my Mac Pro and run DJI Smart Assitant 2 v2.0.8 which runs Catalina It recognises the SC but can't find any Firmware.

I try the same on my Mac Book Pro, which also runs Catalina same result.

Reading through more DJI forum posts, it seems DJI can't be bothered supporting recent OS and DJI Assist 2 only works with older versions of Mac OS or Windows. Good luck if you only have one computer.

Looking further on the DJI website  I also see there is a newer version DJI Assist 2 out 2.0.10. DJI Assistant it's probably the only software I have on my Mac who does not have a software update check and let you know of updates.

Ok, fortunately, I a have a few macs in my place, and an old Kid's I Mac still runs High Sierra so downloading DJI A2 2.0.10 and installing it. Now I can see the Firmware updates for the Smart Controller. Yeaaaa

I apply the first update, that fails midpoint as you actually need to sit next to Smart Controller and tap the power button once in a while as SC otherwise shuts itself off and interrupts the Firmware update process.

Obviously, that is not mentioned and absolutely counter-intuitive anywhere that's a smart way doing it DJI....

Finally, everything seems to work again, took only 4 hours and access to an outdated computer to get a simple Firmware update to work.

Just glad I was home and did not attempt the update via mobile data and no old operating system Mac at hand I would have wrecked 10 days of shooting on Fraser Island.

2020-1-31
Use props
M Stuart K
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 1-31 06:22

Thanks; I will try that
2020-2-1
Use props
Avronaut
lvl.2
Germany

What really annoys me is that there are at least 3 different firmwares with the same name and it takes a lot of effort to get from one version to the next. What is this nonsense? Why not use a chronological order that the SM can distinguish and trigger an update accordingly?
2020-2-2
Use props
M Stuart K
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 1-31 06:22

Well; your suggestion eventually worked.  Unfortunately; developer mode was not viewable on my smart remote so I did a bit of research and found out how to enable it.  To get Developer Options unlocked... Go to settings and scroll down to About Remote Controller... Tap it. Now scroll down to System Version and tap it (7 times) to unlock Developer Options. Go back and it will be in your list

You would think that this would be be more common knowledge due to all of the posters I see that is having trouble getting their smart remote to show up in assistant 2.  Took me 4 days to finally find this out!  
2020-2-2
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

M Stuart K Posted at 2-2 06:35
Well; your suggestion eventually worked.  Unfortunately; developer mode was not viewable on my smart remote so I did a bit of research and found out how to enable it.  To get Developer Options unlocked... Go to settings and scroll down to About Remote Controller... Tap it. Now scroll down to System Version and tap it (7 times) to unlock Developer Options. Go back and it will be in your list

You would think that this would be be more common knowledge due to all of the posters I see that is having trouble getting their smart remote to show up in assistant 2.  Took me 4 days to finally find this out!

I could've just told you.  I didn't think it would take 4 days.  It's not viewable on all the remotes out of the box.

I just got tired of thinking how some of the small suggestions I do, do nothing so I omitted in thinking you would find it out quickly.
2020-2-2
Use props
jeffaiello1830gmail.com
New

United States

Uploaded .650 from a Mac running Catalina through DJI Assistant 2. Worked perfectly. Uploaded firmware on Mavic 2 Pro to .510. No problem. BUT...now I can't link Smart Controller to Mavic! I've tried every way to link...nothing. There are no SD cards in either aircraft or controller. When I try to link...the controller just beeps and the link light on the drone stays red. HELP!!
2020-2-2
Use props
Avronaut
lvl.2
Germany

M Stuart K Posted at 2-2 06:35

That's the usual way on every Android device to get developer status. Let me guess: You are an Apple guy
2020-2-2
Use props
Avronaut
lvl.2
Germany

jeffaiello1830gmail.com Posted at 2-2 08:07
Uploaded .650 from a Mac running Catalina through DJI Assistant 2. Worked perfectly. Uploaded firmware on Mavic 2 Pro to .510. No problem. BUT...now I can't link Smart Controller to Mavic! I've tried every way to link...nothing. There are no SD cards in either aircraft or controller. When I try to link...the controller just beeps and the link light on the drone stays red. HELP!!

Did you try a Factory Data Reset?
2020-2-2
Use props
jeffaiello1830gmail.com
New

United States

Avronaut Posted at 2-2 11:53
Did you try a Factory Data Reset?

Yes. I've tried everything I can think of. Totally stumped on this one.
2020-2-2
Use props
Avronaut
lvl.2
Germany

jeffaiello1830gmail.com Posted at 2-2 12:35
Yes. I've tried everything I can think of. Totally stumped on this one.

I have made 2 updates in the meantime. One via WLAN, the other via PC. Both times the connection to the drone was restored without having to reconnect. I can't help but you're not alone:

https://mavicpilots.com/threads/smart-controller-will-not-link-to-pro-2-after-firmware-update-help.81255/
2020-2-2
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

jeffaiello1830gmail.com Posted at 2-2 08:07

Can you video you doing the steps from unboxing the drone/sc out of the bag?
2020-2-2
Use props
raven swe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

are you serious, hes already said hes updated and trying to link, what you want him to do, box it all up again and unbox it just for you, why.
2020-2-3
Use props
jackodogandroid
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60371 ft
United States

Has anyone tried to re-install or update Litchi or Dronelink on the Smart Controller after the  0650 upgrade? I discovered that the PACKAGE INSTALLER STOPS immediately upon invocation. True for all and any packages. Looks like DJI LOCKED DOWN the Smart Controller.

Just updated litchi on SC 2/26/2020 worked fine
2020-2-6
Use props
nicolas bonet
New

France

Just updated my sc to .650 via wifi, no problem at all. A bit long around 16% but nothing crazy. Sc kept all my settings but the flight logs disappeared. Could only retreive the last synced logs from december (i guess those logs where automatically uploaded by then when i connected the sc over my home wifi during a replay session). I did not remove my sd card from the sc when updating but all records except logs are still there. I did not have to change my screen saver timer (my preset was and is still 5mn), and never touched the screen to wake it up as it never entered the save mode during the update. All is in english including the new features. The auto launch on camera screen is a plus, not really mandatory but you gain 3 or 4 seconds before take off which is always interesting when operating on a crisis situation. Will see how it performs next flight. As a safety measure, I will recalibrate everything before taking off, even if everything seems untouched. I have a end 2019 M2P.
2020-2-6
Use props
asshidiq
New

Indonesia

very good and classy product
2020-2-7
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S
lvl.4
Flight distance : 510968 ft
Israel

Avronaut Posted at 1-25 23:25
Flight Logs...

Since the update of the Smart Controller to .0650, flight logs are no longer recorded. Neither on the SM, nor on the Go4 app on my smartphone. As a remedy, I had already logged out and back in my account and also carried out a factory reset. But without success.

I had the same problem with one of the old sub-versions. Newer flights weren't being recorded (although everything else worked).
When I refreshed to the newest build with the newest kernel, all of a sudden the new flights appeared - and all the older ones were gone...
I synced my flight record and now they all appear - old and new flights.
2020-2-7
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S
lvl.4
Israel

djiuser_HOdekpjaVAie Posted at 1-14 08:08
Why are my Flight Record / FLIGHT DATA not updated after release of Firmware: v01.00.0650 ?

I had the same problem with one of the old sub-versions. Newer flights weren't being recorded (although everything else worked).
When I refreshed to the newest build with the newest kernel, all of a sudden the new flights appeared - and all the older ones were gone...
2020-2-7
Use props
Avronaut
lvl.2
Germany

djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S Posted at 2-7 07:19
In the meantime I made up a refresh with the Assistant. It cost me 2 hours. It was the first time since 2010 that I had to update an Android device via PC. This is really not up to date. I just hope that DJI will fix this in the future.
But at least the flight logs work again. However, yesterday I had a total video transmission failure outside city. Distance SM to drone about 100ft. I had to land and reset to get video again. I hope that remains an isolated case.
2020-2-8
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S
lvl.4
Israel

Avronaut Posted at 2-8 04:15
In the meantime I made up a refresh with the Assistant. It cost me 2 hours. It was the first time since 2010 that I had to update an Android device via PC. This is really not up to date. I just hope that DJI will fix this in the future.
But at least the flight logs work again. However, yesterday I had a total video transmission failure outside city. Distance SM to drone about 100ft. I had to land and reset to get video again. I hope that remains an isolated case.

My refresh took 15-20 minutes. That was what it took last time as well. I don't know why it takes other people so long. Did you have a network error and needed to start over?
Not to say it is without problems.
A network error shouldn't start the download over. It should continue from where it left off, why is that complicated?
An even bigger problem, the SC's auto power off still works during firmware update, that is a big problem that may stop the process in the middle and corrupt the SC. I have to be near it to press the power button when it starts beeping. I don't understand why the auto power off won't be overridden during firmware update.
2020-2-8
Use props
raven swe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

I set my auto power to never and it stayed awake through the whole process
2020-2-8
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S
lvl.4
Israel

That's a fine workaround, I'll use it next time. But the smart thing to do is for the setting to be overridden automatically during the update.
2020-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules