Selling my drone
1095 9 2020-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
*DM*
lvl.4
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

What do I need to de-register in order to make sure any mistakes by the future owner is not coming back to me?

I recently also registered the drone with the CAA do I guess I have to inform them too.

Cheers
2020-1-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You can't  de register (at DJI at least).
The next owner will be added to the list of users that has flown it.

Not sure about the authorities.
2020-1-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us. We don't have an option to de-activate the unit. If you sell it to someone, they will just simply create a new account on the DJI Go 4 App. Also, the drone will not save your personal information. In addition, I will highly recommend you contact CAA and have them notify that your drone has a new owner. Hope this helps. Thank you for your support!
2020-1-10
Use props
*DM*
lvl.4
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks all
2020-1-11
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1824291 ft
  • >>>
United States

Your fine bro u are thinking a little to much in to it....when u sell the drone  u can do a fw refresh in dji assistant 2  if u must. U really do not gave to tho and doing so wont really make a difference ....the new user will not get any of your info or logs. That is tied with the dji go 4 app. So sell it, don't stress out. The new user will download app make a new email, and have to configure drone settings to his/her preferences like buying new...as far as CAA  don't worry about that either idk if u guys get a unique "number " like we do in states for faa but i didnt notify them when i sold my pro.....i just took my faa # off the side of drone
2020-1-11
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

New owner has to register to new email and their own DJI account and which it will be linked to the drone.
2020-1-12
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just keep the records that you sold it when the authorities question you.
2020-1-12
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
Poland

AntDX316 Posted at 1-12 15:03
Just keep the records that you sold it when the authorities question you.

Solid advice, since you are now Guilty until you prove yourself innocent.
Like poor British couple who got arrested and interrogated for Gatwick fiasco - we are far from immune for such abuse here.
2020-1-12
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 1-12 15:24
Solid advice, since you are now Guilty until you prove yourself innocent.
Like poor British couple who got arrested and interrogated for Gatwick fiasco - we are far from immune for such abuse here.

You aren't guilty at all if someone else used your drone.
2020-1-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I think dji Gamora has giving you correct information, it’s a very simple process and very secure and your in full control.
2020-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules