Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Flight in "very cold", distance/height limit to 30m, no .....
1050 9 2020-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

....flight record saved.
Spark connected to RC connected via cable to device.
Hi folks, in the past days I had a couple of flights in a very cold area.They worked fine.
Today I did 2 flights, the first one worked fine, too, the second had a distance limit,  me and told to change this in the settings, just: It wasn't in the settings.I tried,  if changing would change something, NO!
In the end even no Panos "allowed" (in the beginning they worked ), any longer.
The app worked, the settings were unchanged from the flight 2 hours before, I had full controll over the bird, the RC responded, just only to 30/30m

And this flight is not logged.
Any ideas?
Have not had the chance, to try again after.
Would not be surprised, if it would work like always.

Could it have been the cold, -8 degree centigrade?

cold and windy

cold and windy
2020-1-10
Use props
Prairie Chicken
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106526 ft
Canada

I don't know how a drone acts when it's too cold, but I think it would be more drastic than creating distance limits while still operating normally within those limits. More like fall out of the sky is my guess.

Perhaps the app loaded with a glitch and restarting it might have helped...? Just spitballing here.
2020-1-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day S-e-ven. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. I will be posting an official DJI Tutorial video on how to flu in cold and hot weather. In addition the operating temperature range for the DJI Spark is at 32° to 104° F ( 0° to 40° C ). I hope these can help you. Thank you.

2020-1-10
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Temperature could have a lot to do with it.
2020-1-14
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Lucas775 Posted at 1-14 00:45
Temperature could have a lot to do with it.

Thanks.
I still have to fly it for the first time after that event, but dit not find the time yet.

2020-1-15
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

What I can say, today: In plus 6 degree, the Spark and the App  was working like always!
2020-1-15
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

And here I uploaded the Sphere I took  during this "limited flight"

https://forum.dji.com/thread-207081-1-1.html
2020-1-17
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Since I had some time, I tried with the tablet today, to fly my bird up for a sunset.

Actually, I forgot about the issue, but got reminded:
Even with the mod app, and the Go 4 4.21 I had 30/30 limits, today!
But this time I switched to Litchi and : no limits, better the limits from the setup in the DJI apps : height 90m!

So, I deleted cache and storage, unistalled, installed again and will check 2morrow .
But I still think, there is  a setting  on the phone, which is "doing" this to the 2 older Apps.

Any idea how to delete EVERYTHING, before installing new?

Anyway: If it will not get over 30/30, tommorow, I will install the latest version on the tablet again and check if that will work.
Aside I will have to check my main device, I think that still the OP7T is not playing ball with the actual DJI Go4.

Any ideas, what could have changed? Can an accidental update to one of the latest apps have done that?
2020-4-10
Use props
Haggi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2581785 ft
Norway

S-e-ven Posted at 4-10 08:04
Since I had some time, I tried with the tablet today, to fly my bird up for a sunset.

Actually, I forgot about the issue, but got reminded:

Weird issue.
If on Android, delete everything in the DJI folder with a file manager after uninstall of you GO 4 app.
Reflash latest FW on you bird with Dji Assistant.
Install the GO 4 app of your choice, recalibrate compass and imu.

But I'm sure you know the procedure, which make this even weirder. This has never happened to me, but I hate cold weather
2020-4-11
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Haggi Posted at 4-11 00:48
Weird issue.
If on Android, delete everything in the DJI folder with a file manager after uninstall of you GO 4 app.
Reflash latest FW on you bird with Dji Assistant.

The thing is, yesterday it was on 30ish degree.
Today, after the described procedure, with fresh installations of just the apk's, both apps did work like always! Same temperatur range, same batteries.
So: Still strange it is!

2020-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules