Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DOA BRAND NEW Mavic Pro Fly More Combo! So upset!
741 6 2020-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
easyheimer
lvl.2

United States

I received a Mavic Pro Fly More Combo for Christmas and we took it out of the box yeseterday to get it ready for our first flight(s) this weekend since we're going to have good weather. After taking it out of the box and going through the setup, I noticed that 2 of the batteries were completely dead and wouldn't even charge. Once of the batteries had about half charge on it but that one wouldn't charge either. I tried popping that in the Mavic Pro to get some firmware updates done and such and the drone wouldn't even turn on. I pressed the button once and then held it down after the second time and the drone just blinked and then shut off. I couldnt get anything done last night. I tried leaving the batteries on the charger for a good 3 plus hours while I checked out the drone and they still did not get a charge. The controller charged just fine though on the same charger. I then brought the charger upstairs to try a different outlet and left it overnight and still did not charge. There are no signs of life on these batteries, or more importantly the drone.

I reached out to DJI chat and they recommended to send it out to their service center to get looked at but I don't think it's right that I have to send a BRAND NEW drone out of the box in for servicing. It kind of takes away from the whole "I got it brand new" kind of feeling. If I knew they wouldn't just replace the whole bundle I would have just had my wife buy refurbished from DJI. This is very frustrating as these things are not cheap and they should stand by their product. I really wish they'd just swap my bundle out for another BRAND NEW one like the one my wife originally purchased for me.

Any tips going forward with DJI?

Thank you!
2020-1-10
Use props
easyheimer
lvl.2

United States

Oh, and also my micro sd card is STUCK in the slot and can’t pop it out.
2020-1-10
Use props
Gazmg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 195358 ft
United Kingdom

sd card may of been put in the wrong way use tweesers ? no very true you should not need to send it back,if a shop buy take back to shop and show batteries are dead.......Batteries could be in hibernation to...

Look here...

Hibernation mode :

It is important NOT to alter the sequence :

1. Switch on battery - ignore what happens with lights etc.
2. LEAVE IT ALONE for at least 5 minutes.
3. Do NOT touch power button - plug into DJI Charger.
4. LEAVE IT ALONE .. it may be hours before it wakes up ... DON'T TOUCH IT !

You need a DJI charger for this - its only time a specific DJI charger is required in fact ... you cannot use any 3rd party charger ...

The secret is to NOT touch the power button after point 1) ...... if you do ... you need to put battery away for a while - then start again.

Read here hopefully something will work.

https://www.heliguy.com/blog/201 ... attery-maintenance/
2020-1-10
Use props
FLPilotShark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 721913 ft
  • >>>
United States

Welcome to Dji products and services!
2020-1-11
Use props
easyheimer
lvl.2

United States

Gazmg Posted at 1-10 11:20
sd card may of been put in the wrong way use tweesers ? no very true you should not need to send it back,if a shop buy take back to shop and show batteries are dead.......Batteries could be in hibernation to...

Look here...

Thank you for the reply! I appreciate it.

Unfortunate I’ve tried all this already and still nothing. Actually left the barriers charging overnight as well so I can make sure they were on there long enough.

Just a real bummer that this is my first experience with DJI.
2020-1-11
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

easyheimer Posted at 1-11 06:40
Thank you for the reply! I appreciate it.

Unfortunate I’ve tried all this already and still nothing. Actually left the barriers charging overnight as well so I can make sure they were on there long enough.

Have you tried holding the power button down of 30s ?

I'd make a warranty claim if you have tried everything
2020-1-11
Use props
easyheimer
lvl.2

United States

lannes Posted at 1-11 07:03
Are the faulty batteries showing two lights or are they completely dead ?

Are you trying to charge all three batteries at the same time using the charging hub and the Mavic Charger, have you tried not using the hub and directly charging one battery from  the Mavic charger by itself ?

They are completely dead. I’ve tried just using the single charger as well as the car charger since I heard that’s faster. Still nothing.
2020-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules