Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cagey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 704206 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I just upgraded my SC to v01.00.0650.

The upgrade failed several times until I did a factory reset, removed the SD card and tried again.

This time it was successful, but when I came to link my Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom, I no longer get the Aircraft Management screen, just a basic box with 'Unknown' for the Aircraft name which I cannot change!

Unfortunately I cannot use DJI Assistant to downgrade to the previous version as it does not work with OSX Catalina!

Does anyone have any ideas?

IMG_2746.jpg
IMG_2747.jpg
2020-1-10
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Disregard this post. Sorry guys.
2020-1-10
Use props
cagey
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jazzyjeff Posted at 1-10 14:37
If this was the latest upgrade , you are pretty much screwed. DJI put it so you could not downgrade to previous firmware.
Real smart thinking on their part. You could probably expect zero support from these folks at DJI.
I know what they are going to tell you, send it in for reprogramming. This is the reason a lot of us are not upgrading. I had heard that also you lose the ability also to side load APK's which is what they gave us with the previous upgrade.

Thanks Jeff,
Sadly it is the latest upgrade!
I haven’t tested it extensively, but as far as I can see, it is just the aircraft management that is messed up.
It still works, but it is a lottery as to how to switch AC.
I wanted to try downgrading using DJI Assistant, but I only have a MAC running OSX Catalina and DJI Assistant does not support it!
I would settle for trying to re-install the new version, but need a PC.:-(
2020-1-10
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

cagey Posted at 1-10 14:45
Thanks Jeff,
Sadly it is the latest upgrade!
I haven’t tested it extensively, but as far as I can see, it is just the aircraft management that is messed up.

Cag,

Disregard this post, am I bad. I thought I was responding to a Crystal Sky post and not the Smart Controller. Thats a newer unit and you might get some help from DJI. Sorry about that and good luck to you. If your support with the smart controller is not better than the Crystal Sky than you could be in trouble?? You should have a better shot though as your unit is newer. Sorry about the mix-up!
2020-1-10
Use props
cagey
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jazzyjeff Posted at 1-10 14:55
Cag,

At this point you have nothing to lose. Try the downgrade first. I hate to say that you are pretty much screwed here.

I quite agree!

I will keep trying and let you know how I get on.

Thanks
2020-1-10
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

cagey Posted at 1-10 14:59
I quite agree!

I will keep trying and let you know how I get on.

See above post Cag,,this was a screw up on my part!
2020-1-10
Use props
cagey
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jazzyjeff Posted at 1-10 15:00
See above post Cag,,this was a screw up on my part!

Sorry,
I should read the full thread before replying! ;-)
2020-1-10
Use props
mAIRs
Second Officer
Australia

Typical... you think you have problems now?? ... wait until this thing is supported as "much" as the CrystalSky...
2020-1-10
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the same problem, but not the controller does not get recognized by the PC.  Downgrading to .530 was perfect again but at .650 the problem remains.  DJI Assistant 2 stayed at 98% because it cannot detect the controller.  Huge nightmare, I should've never refreshed the firmware but I refresh the firmware on all my DJI devices w/o issues!!!!!!

update: turning USB debugging worked

Update: went down to .400 with factory reset then up to .650 and works.
2020-1-12
Use props
capthook
lvl.2
Flight distance : 238871 ft
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 1-12 03:40
I have the same problem, but not the controller does not get recognized by the PC.  Downgrading to .530 was perfect again but at .650 the problem remains.  DJI Assistant 2 stayed at 98% because it cannot detect the controller.  Huge nightmare, I should've never refreshed the firmware but I refresh the firmware on all my DJI devices w/o issues!!!!!!

update: turning USB debugging worked

I, and many many others, are having them same problems with this update for the Smart Controller.
Can't connect to PC without debugging on, and Assistant NEVER recognizes the SC.

So, you did a factory reset and then used Assistant 2 to upgrade to .650 and everything is working?
Any other details to know before trying this?

Thanks
2020-1-12
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

capthook Posted at 1-12 11:11
I, and many many others, are having them same problems with this update for the Smart Controller.
Can't connect to PC without debugging on, and Assistant NEVER recognizes the SC.

Steps to make it work in order

Ensure your PC and USB cable and its connections are stable and not overlocked if possibleEnsure 100% battery just to have it
Enable the Developer Mode setting by pressing one of the version numbers 6 times?
Enable Developer Mode
Enable USB Debugging, touch nothing else
Set display to 30 minute timeout
Launch DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic 2.0.10 with Run in Administrator Mode
Downgrade to .400
Factory reset w/o doing tutorials once at .400 in settings
Upgrade to .650
Refresh .650

Done

If you miss any of the steps you may have problems.  Do not update through the Smart Controllers otherwise, it will get stuck at 1% forever.  I've spent at least 4 hours trying to get it to work with the USB not working once it hit 98%, unknown aircraft under aircraft management, etc.  I've went back to .530, did many other things, and it was still broken.

I just flew the M2Z perfectly with .650.  You can't risk having the controller Maybe work at 90%.  It has to be 100% in the real-world.
2020-1-12
Use props
capthook
lvl.2
Flight distance : 238871 ft
United States

Thanks for the reply.

Success!
Factory reset completed.
SC updated to newest .0650.
Assistant 2 working.

Method I did:

1) Reformatted SD card
2) Factory reset
3) Start DJI Assistant 2
3) Turn on SC (USB debug is on by default. If not, turn it on) and plug into computer
4) DON'T select USB transfer method/charging - don't touch the SC!
5) It will 'bing-bong' twice, and DJI Assistant 2 will now show SC
6) click the SC, and on the version screen, select .065 refresh
7) It will do it's thing, pausing awhile at 16%, and at 98% then will reboot 2x
8) will then come up with 100% complete

I tried so many things.
Last thing I did was uninstall Assistant and remove all registery entries.
No luck.

Also interesting, the factory reset didn't downgrade the firmware.
It still read .065. So no-rollback means EVER, unless you can use Assistant 2.

And some notes on the factory reset:
Most your settings are saved, like gimble settings, max altitude, rth altitude etc
The time reset to China, and my camera was switched to AFC.

Firmware updates:
The flight records are now saved to Internal memory even if you have 'save to SD card' setting:
Internal shared storage\DJI\dji.go.v4\FlightRecord
If you want to have them sync to your flight records/DJI,
in the SC file manager, browse to that location/file, long press it, and copy (or move) to:
SD card\DJI\dji.go.v4\FlightRecord
Now it will show up on the home page flight records and can be synced with DJI
2020-1-12
Use props
cagey
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for the help guys.
I’m away this week but will give this a try when I get back and let you know how I get on!
2020-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules