6617 21 2020-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just a quick check with others in the forum to see if they have received  a warning from their PC virus checkeer on DJI Assistant 2.  

I set up my new laptop today and downloaded DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic V2.0.10 from DJI's official website at:  https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/downloads

When I installed the file no issues occured.  However, within 30 minutes  Windows Defender ran its first system scan and popped up an alert that  it detected a threat: TrojanWin32/Vigorf.A Affected item:file  DJI+Assistant+2+For+Mavic+2.0.10.exe

So I uninstalled DJI Assistant 2.  Re-downloaded it again from the DJI  official website and installed it on my older desktop.  I use Bit  Defender on that PC.  Upon trying to install Bit Defender stopped the  installation alerting TrojanWin32/Vigorf.A

So is this a real virus or a False Positive.  Strange because on the  laptop that I was replacing Windows Defender never hit on the DJI  Assistant 2 file.  I had Avira antivirus on that laptop until 2 days ago.  

Has anybody run up against this before?

DJI2.jpg
2020-1-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us. The anti-virus software is reporting false positives. If the installation file is downloaded from the official website or obtained through regular channels, you can disable the anti-virus software on your PC to install the DJI Assistant 2 software. After the installation process is done, you can now enable the anti-virus again. Hope this helps. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2020-1-11
Use props
rasworth
lvl.3
United States

Interesting coincidence, I installed DJI Assistant two weeks ago, just now got the same Windows Defender message.  The "threat" has been quarantined, but DJI Assistant still appears to function.  I'm not sure what's going on, not ready to completely buy into DJI's assurances.

Richard Southworth

Added by edit - brain beginning to function, it was the installation file that was quarantined, strange that it was flagged two weeks later.
2020-1-11
Use props
ted6
lvl.2

United States

rasworth Posted at 1-11 12:06
Interesting coincidence, I installed DJI Assistant two weeks ago, just now got the same Windows Defender message.  The "threat" has been quarantined, but DJI Assistant still appears to function.  I'm not sure what's going on, not ready to completely buy into DJI's assurances.

Richard Southworth

I'm running Windows 10 with Defender. I was at a malicious website that I shut down using task manager. Rebooted. Everything seemed OK, but I did a quick scan of my box. Didn't didn't find any problem. Then decided to do a deep scan with Defender, and it found a trojan in the Edge cache folder. So the moral of the story is that Windows does not always block or find a virus right away, but it may take a deep scan to find it. I'm not sure why this is. Maybe the virus database has gotten so huge that everything would slow to a crawl if Defender had to search through the huge database constantly. I would think for a download it would do this, and not allow the virus ridden file to be written to your box. Defender can be set up to do deep scans late at night FWIW...
2020-1-11
Use props
rasworth
lvl.3
United States

Everything I download is checked by Defender; two weeks ago there was no indication of a problem when I downloaded the DJI Assistant installer.  I re-downloaded today, and received an immediate indication of a virus.  So something has occurred recently to cause the detection, either the install file has been infected on DJI's website or a recent Windows Defender update has created a false indication.

Interestingly Defender today indicates only partial remediation of the trojan virus; it's cleared on my system but still exists at DJI's website.  Again, Windows 10, completely updated.

Richard Southworth

Added by edit - in any event I would expect DJI to take the lead on resolving this question and posting the results.
2020-1-11
Use props
rasworth
lvl.3
United States

Added information - here's the Windows Defender status message, indicating action on the downloaded installer from two weeks ago (detected and removed at 1:54pm) and the download this evening.  Again, the file on my pc was quarantined but the website source remains a threat, at least according to WD.

Richard Southworth
2020-1-11
Use props
rooller71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 750935 ft
Hungary

Unfortunately I have this problem too! I can not download! You are blocking downloads due to a virus!
2020-1-12
Use props
swartlkk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 369560 ft
United States

DJI_Assistant_2_For_Mavic_2.0.10_Trojan_Win10_Warning.png I had this pop up in both Malwarebytes & now in Windows Defender (Windows 10 Pro). Defender is late to the party as the installer has been just sitting in my downloads folder for over a week. I also had to allow the 'VisionStarter2.exe' files as it detected as 'Generic Malware/Suspicious'.
DJI_Assistant_2_For_Mavic_2.0.10_Malwarebytes_Quarantine.png

With threads dating back to January 2018, this isn't the first time it has come up. It looks like it is just a false positive.

2020-1-12
Use props
Hypano
New

Germany

I am not sure if i wanna trust a "false positive" ..
2020-1-26
Use props
Durlano
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90453 ft
North Macedonia

I had that issue 2 months ago. It is for sure not false positive as they claim. I have contacted them and the last what they say that there will be new application version soon.... if any
2020-1-27
Use props
WrongWay Feldman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19885 ft
United States

I just downloaded and installed the software from the link in the OP. I have the paid version of Malwarebytes, I scanned the file before installing and after installing. No threats detected. I also scanned with the latest and updated version of Avira, no threats detected.

2020-1-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

WrongWay Feldman Posted at 1-27 05:41
I just downloaded and installed the software from the link in the OP. I have the paid version of Malwarebytes, I scanned the file before installing and after installing. No threats detected. I also scanned with the latest and updated version of Avira, no threats detected.

Thanks for the feedback.  Have a great day.
2020-1-27
Use props
rooller71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 750935 ft
Hungary

I managed to download it finally!
2020-1-27
Use props
Roy Rogerstrade
First Officer
Flight distance : 1186296 ft
United States

Its a Trojan I have it well documented . and have even reported to the FBI .
I Downloaded it from the DJI Site and it worked fine for a time and mid January my Anti-virus Labeled it as a Trojan Then The credit Card I used in December on the DJI Store Got hacked and was used to buy stuff in Chicago and some airline tickets . I contacted DJI > 30 times about this every time getting dismissed and pushed aside by them . I contacted an Attorney she had me take my lap-top to a Computer pro , He said it showed when I Down Loaded Assistant2 from the DJI site I was redirected to a drones4life.com and that site doesn't really exist.
My CC complain is investigating the Theft and I guess the FBI is looking into the Chinese based DJI as a national Security threat . Meanwhile DJI has shun me for speaking up , but I'm doing what I think is right .
I do miss Doctor Stephen though felt like he was a friend.
Be careful when you DownLoad it and if AV Flags it delete it
2020-2-9
Use props
taniquetil
New
United States

It's time DJI addressed this. We should not have to choose between our detection softwares saying that there is a problem and DJI saying these is not. With all the trash talk going on between China and the US, this kind of issue undermines the company's credibility.
2020-3-21
Use props
Crospyyy
New
Austria

I have the same problem with the software for my Robomaster S1, after installing my Windows Antivirus software already starts sending constant warnung messages about a threat on my PC and when I try to start it I get this messages:

This is the report of my Antivirus Software:

I think DJI has some serious issues right now nad they need to do some serious work to fix that, because a trojan in the necessary Software for a €500 Robot is not the Quality you should expect.
2020-5-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Crospyyy Posted at 5-3 03:59
I have the same problem with the software for my Robomaster S1, after installing my Windows Antivirus software already starts sending constant warnung messages about a threat on my PC and when I try to start it I get this messages: [view_image]

This is the report of my Antivirus Software: [view_image]

Don't expect DJI to do anything about this as they consider it to be a "FALSE POSITIVE" even though at least 5 different virus softwares have identified components of DJI Assistant 2 as security issues.
2020-5-3
Use props
Crospyyy
New
Austria

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-3 04:35
Don't expect DJI to do anything about this as they consider it to be a "FALSE POSITIVE" even though at least 5 different virus softwares have identified components of DJI Assistant 2 as security issues.

I hope that you are wrong, although I believe you are right, I honestly didn't think dji could be this disappointing, as I only had good experiences with them so far.
2020-5-3
Use props
Scott594
New

United States

Crospyyy Posted at 2020-5-3 04:44
I hope that you are wrong, although I believe you are right, I honestly didn't think dji could be this disappointing, as I only had good experiences with them so far.

I've been trying to get a clean copy for the last two weeks or so. I just bought an Iflight Alpha A85 and was under the impression it had the Vista/Nebula unit activated from the factory, It shows the error "Unit not activated" although you can see good video behind the error box in the goggles. The old version of Assistant 2 no longer works, it won't even connect to the video unit. I tried the old version in my computer 1st, then downloaded an old copy of the Assistant 2 and it behaved the same (no connect). I tried posting on RC Groups with no help, and just reached out to GetFPV customer service (I bought the Iflight A85 there) to see if they can help, figuring they have been very helpful in the past and maybe they've heard something regarding a fix. I figure they sell a ton of the DJI stuff and may know of a solution. Hope to hear back soon from them.
I'm really unhappy about this, I have about 15 or 16 air units, goggles and a transmitter. 5 or 6 of the air units aren't activated yet and are paperweights unless DJI fixes this.
I'm always suspicious of any product that keeps it's hooks in you with "activations" etc, as it's not  technically necessary, and no good can come of it. In addition, the evidence indicates that DJI may be not be truthful in saying that's it's caused by a false positive. It seems most antivirus programs are triggered by it, there's no explanation why this "false triggering" is happening, and there are a large number of crashed computers in it's wake. Add to that the Chinese political situation, and the risk goes high order.
I knew I was taking a chance when I went all in on DJI, but now I'm beginning to wonder if it was an expensive mistake. I'm thinking I may have to revert all my quads to analog and I'm not happy about that. I will be more careful going forward I think. I sure hope I'm wrong, and that DJI proves to be correct by quickly fixing this.  When that happens I will gladly state how wrong I was. It's now been at least 2 weeks since I posted my RCG request for help, It seems DJI would have all it's software people on fixing this until it is, the false positive excuse isn't holding up well at all in the real world. The sport quad people have shown their faith in DJI by committing to the platform, please don't let the sporting quad community down!
2021-2-22
Use props
vortex19
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Scott594@aol.co Posted at 2-22 11:30
I've been trying to get a clean copy for the last two weeks or so. I just bought an Iflight Alpha A85 and was under the impression it had the Vista/Nebula unit activated from the factory, It shows the error "Unit not activated" although you can see good video behind the error box in the goggles. The old version of Assistant 2 no longer works, it won't even connect to the video unit. I tried the old version in my computer 1st, then downloaded an old copy of the Assistant 2 and it behaved the same (no connect). I tried posting on RC Groups with no help, and just reached out to GetFPV customer service (I bought the Iflight A85 there) to see if they can help, figuring they have been very helpful in the past and maybe they've heard something regarding a fix. I figure they sell a ton of the DJI stuff and may know of a solution. Hope to hear back soon from them.
I'm really unhappy about this, I have about 15 or 16 air units, goggles and a transmitter. 5 or 6 of the air units aren't activated yet and are paperweights unless DJI fixes this.
I'm always suspicious of any product that keeps it's hooks in you with "activations" etc, as it's not  technically necessary, and no good can come of it. In addition, the evidence indicates that DJI may be not be truthful in saying that's it's caused by a false positive. It seems most antivirus programs are triggered by it, there's no explanation why this "false triggering" is happening, and there are a large number of crashed computers in it's wake. Add to that the Chinese political situation, and the risk goes high order.

I've just downloaded "DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic 2.0.14.exe" from the DJI website and used the VirusTotal website (https://www.virustotal.com/gui/home/url) to scan it. The site uses most of the popular anti-virus and anti-malware apps to scan the files and none of them detected a virus or trojan - VirusTotal scan

DJI's assertion that it's a false positive looks accurate. I've also checked the file locally on my PC using the latest versions of Bitdefender Internet Security and Malwarebytes Premium and neither of them detect any problems. Your comment that most anti-virus programs are triggered by it seems to be wrong.

2021-3-12
Use props
fansb445a0a6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 545840 ft
United States

along the same thread  . . . why no log in secondary verification on the dji?  IMO anything downloaded from Zhongguo has to have spyware.  In order to do business in China you have to give them access to the platform. But really Facebook/Instagram probably collect same info too.  Use at your own risk.
2023-2-6
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

IMO anything downloaded from Zhongguo has to have spyware.  In order to do business in China you have to give them access to the platform. But really Facebook/Instagram probably collect same info too

Facebook, Google, Apple, Insta, TikTok, Microsoft, NSA (the worst), Echelon (2nd worst), Cisco, Alexa, Siri, Google assistant....etc. Even out on the streets, face recognition cameras in airports, train stations and so on. You are under surveillance all the time.
All the time...
2023-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules