Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RobertW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41818 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi,

I was wondering if the rubber seals on the Osmo Action (one single 'O' ring gasket that can be seen sitting in the camera body and the one just behind the glass on the UV filter) can be replaced. I could not find anything on the internet.

Thank you

2020-1-11
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

would the actual lens replacement have it included, think not.
2020-1-11
Use props
SwissT
lvl.1
Switzerland

Of course can it be replaced. The O-Ring on the lens, sits not directly on the lens module
The only thing what u need to know is the size (diameter and thickness). I you find one online, you can replace it. Or you find a company who can make a O-ring of the right size (costs here in switzerland round about 2CHF / 2.10$ per ring).

2020-1-11
Use props
RobertW
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

SwissT Posted at 1-11 13:51
Of course can it be replaced. The O-Ring on the lens, sits not directly on the lens module
The only thing what u need to know is the size (diameter and thickness). I you find one online, you can replace it. Or you find a company who can make a O-ring of the right size (costs here in switzerland round about 2CHF / 2.10$ per ring).
https://youtu.be/TWm4i0bzYFs?t=131

Thank you for your reply. Actually I was trying to find an easier way, since having a ring made is much to complicated and I do not have the tools to measure the thickness.  
2020-1-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. Can you please send us the sample photo on the specific parts that you are looking for us to check it on our end. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2020-1-11
Use props
RobertW
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-11 15:49
Hi, thank you for reaching out. Can you please send us the sample photo on the specific parts that you are looking for us to check it on our end. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

Hi,
here is a picture (it's not mine but I found it on the forum:
Sorry for uploading the picture 3 times!!!

Osmo Action rubber ring.jpeg
Osmo Action rubber ring.jpeg
2020-1-12
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

SwissT Posted at 1-11 13:51
Of course can it be replaced. The O-Ring on the lens, sits not directly on the lens module
The only thing what u need to know is the size (diameter and thickness). I you find one online, you can replace it. Or you find a company who can make a O-ring of the right size (costs here in switzerland round about 2CHF / 2.10$ per ring).
https://youtu.be/TWm4i0bzYFs?t=131

How the hell do engineers figure out all of those circuits and circuit boards to make an actual working camera!  And then fit it all in that very limited space.  (g)
2020-1-12
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

ff22 Posted at 1-12 10:52
How the hell do engineers figure out all of those circuits and circuit boards to make an actual working camera!  And then fit it all in that very limited space.  (g)

Actually there are very little gnomes working inside the circuitry... I heard they use fairy dust to solder the components together...

I am kidding, the technology was stolen from the 1st Terminator when we killed the mother father...
2020-1-16
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

El Diabolico Posted at 1-16 02:31
Actually there are very little gnomes working inside the circuitry... I heard they use fairy dust to solder the components together...

I am kidding, the technology was stolen from the 1st Terminator when we killed the mother father...

I could accept either of those explanations.  I was a biology major way back when - then a cobol programmer when the hard drives were the size of wedding cakes (g)
2020-1-16
Use props
Atgrey
lvl.1
Germany

RobertW Posted at 2020-1-12 10:14
Hi,
here is a picture (it's not mine but I found it on the forum:

At least gasket no. 2       NBR O-Ring 28 x 1 mm (NBR 70)  ;10pcs ca. €8,00 plus € p&p.
2022-11-15
Use props
Atgrey
lvl.1
Germany

RobertW Posted at 2020-1-12 10:14
Hi,
here is a picture (it's not mine but I found it on the forum:

At least gasket no. 2       NBR O-Ring 28 x 1 mm (NBR 70)  ;10pcs ca. €8,00 plus € p&p.

Sorry repost

2022-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules