Dom McIntyre De Vitto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 549806 ft
United Kingdom

2020-1-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Dom. I am sorry to know that your DJI Mavic Mini was lost and thank you for reaching out. Since this unfortunate issue happened. Kindly please contact out DJI Support Team for further assistance at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav. We would do their best to find out the reason of the incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Again I am sorry for your lost and thank for your support.
2020-1-11
Use props
67CharlieAlfa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 549806 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-11 11:59
Hello and good day Dom. I am sorry to know that your DJI Mavic Mini was lost and thank you for reaching out. Since this unfortunate issue happened. Kindly please contact out DJI Support Team for further assistance at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav. We would do their best to find out the reason of the incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Again I am sorry for your lost and thank for your support.

Thanks - already done this and am awaiting DA response, but hoping to get feedback & advice from other pilots.
2020-1-11
Use props
Zelmani
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1555833 ft
Germany

Hmm, according Airdata wind was about 15 m/s in your final height and it looks like you got blown away. You were flying away with the wind and returning against the wind. Hard to tell why the signal loss occurred, could it be a collision with a high object? You had 45m height over your home point, I don't know the terrain, but if it slightly ascends you might have been only 20-30m above ground at the last known location and could have unluckily crashed into a tree. Have you searched for the drone at the point of disappearance?
2020-1-11
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

Waiting for JBB* ;-)
Log looks good, no errors. At 12:30 you cancel RTH, switch to sport mode and go full throttle. Nevertheless, the drone drifts at only 8 km/h (if the orientation is displayed correctly, then even backwards ! ) to the northeast WITH the wind (click me). Is there an elevation around the tunnel ? On 7.1. at 9 a.m. the wind at your height was, I estimate, about 26km / h. BUT over elevations, ridges, etc., the wind would be stronger again, not to mention wind gusts.
2020-1-11
Use props
Frank V
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41004 ft
Netherlands

If I look at the weather reports (the underneath graph comes from windfinder.com/ farnborough airport nearby), I think your MM is blown away.

Wind direction is coming from south, so your MM had to fight against the wind. And looking at the maps, the MM was at the other side of the hill. At least trees - I cant exactly see that on the profile of thiAWLYcePXqgd+/eLTL/UhV+vx/BYNDiJMDjjz/uIfP/B/EyrxteORoPAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC[/img]

Anyway, I think most errors are caused by underestimating the wind speed and directions, near high objects (mountains, buildings etc).
I suppose it "dissapeared" simply by a downforce direction of the wind, flying the MM below the objects mountain/trees and lost connection.....

2020-1-11
Use props
Frank V
lvl.2
Netherlands

If I look at the weather reports (the underneath  graph comes from windfinder.com/ farnborough airport nearby), I think  your MM is blown away.

Wind direction is coming  from south, so your MM had to fight against the wind. And looking at  the maps, the MM was at the other side of the hill. At least trees - I  cant exactly see that on the prof+XwtPiAWLYcePXqgd+/eLTL/UhV+vx/BYNDiJMDjjz/uIfP/B/EyrxteORoPAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC[/img]

Anyway,  I think most errors are caused by underestimating the wind speed and  directions, near high objects (mountains, buildings etc).
I  suppose it "dissapeared" simply by a downforce direction of the wind,  flying the MM below the objects mountain/trees and lost connection.....

2020-1-11
Use props
Frank V
lvl.2
Netherlands

If I look at the weather reports (attached wind speed graph comes from windfinder.com/ farnborough airport nearby), I think  your MM is blown away.

Wind direction is coming  from south, so your MM had to fight against the wind. And looking at  the maps, the MM was at the other side of the hill. At least trees - I  cant exactly see that on the profile of the landscape.

So it also would might have been fighting against a down wind (see the windprofile attachment).

Anyway,  I think most errors are caused by underestimating the wind speed and  directions, near high objects (mountains, buildings etc).
I  suppose it "dissapeared" simply by a downforce direction of the wind,  flying the MM below the objects mountain/trees and lost connection.....

Windspeed

Windspeed

Windprofile

Windprofile
2020-1-11
Use props
Frank V
lvl.2
Netherlands

RE: Disappeared mid flight ?

If I look at the weather reports (attached wind speed graph comes from windfinder.com/ farnborough airport nearby), I think  your MM is blown away.

Wind direction is coming  from south, so your MM had to fight against the wind. And looking at  the maps, the MM was at the other side of the hill. At least trees - I  cant exactly see that on the profile of the landscape.

So it also would might have been fighting against a down wind (see the windprofile attachment).

wind speed

wind speed

wind profile

wind profile
2020-1-11
Use props
Frank V
lvl.2
Netherlands

RE: Disappeared mid flight ?

If I look at the weather reports (attached wind speed graph comes  from windfinder.com/ farnborough airport nearby), I think  your MM is  blown away.

Wind direction is coming  from south, so your MM had  to fight against the wind. And looking at  the maps, the MM was at the  other side of the hill. At least trees - I  cant exactly see that on the  profile of the landscape.

Anyway,  I  think most errors are caused by underestimating the wind speed  and  directions, near high objects (mountains, buildings etc).
I  suppose  it "dissapeared" simply by a downforce direction of the wind,  flying  the MM below the objects mountain/trees and lost connection.....

2020-1-11
Use props
Frank V
lvl.2
Netherlands

2020-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules