Droning under Big Brother
3807 9 2020-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

With Government coming down on drone hobbists at behest of special interests, is it time to start saying Forget About the Rules?  
Glimpse at possible Future of Droning, showing a small town's Christmas light Park decorations

Shot on a cold windy night.  With Mavic Pro Platinum.

Link to video

Small-Town_Park

Small-Town_Park

Less this could become Future of Droning - Make sure you file your comments on Remote ID!  (See FAA Link below)
Remote Identification of Unmanned Aircraft Systems

2020-1-11
Use props
NightThunder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106020 ft
United States

Big brother is listening. FAA has proposed modifications to the NPRM. Stll not perfect but better. See my post here which has the details.
2020-1-30
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

NightThunder Posted at 1-30 10:30
Big brother is listening. FAA has proposed modifications to the NPRM. Stll not perfect but better. See my post here which has the details.

Two good pieces of news.  

But we still need to provide more professional (polite but to point) comments to FAA.

Making sure FAA stays within their original stated goal (Remote ID only), and does not let big Corporations, greedy Politicians, fearmongers, or police-state agencies write-in every one of their dream list restrictions and regulations.
2020-1-30
Use props
NightThunder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106020 ft
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 1-30 10:48
Two good pieces of news.  

But we still need to provide more professional (polite but to point) comments to FAA.

I agree. We also should submit our own thoughts and not send in a template response. The FAA is not going to pay much attention to robo responses. And judging by their response as pointed out in the PDF they are listening and willing to change. At least I hope that is true.
2020-1-30
Use props
Droneflier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1811322 ft
South Africa

As long as people fly drones close to manned aircraft and use drones to carry explosives, more and more restrictions will be placed on us hobbyist pilots. It is so unfortunate that some of us can use the ballet box to make a difference and others resort to violence. Probably the main reason for more and more restrictions are pilots that are plain stupid and reckless resulting messing things up for ourselves,
2020-2-6
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fly by the rules we will be just fine!
2020-2-8
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

NightThunder Posted at 1-30 15:39
I agree. We also should submit our own thoughts and not send in a template response. The FAA is not going to pay much attention to robo responses. And judging by their response as pointed out in the PDF they are listening and willing to change. At least I hope that is true.

Thus far three public comments for this pilot.   Hoping others are similarly commenting.

Have one comment aspect left.   Needs careful phrasing and words.
2020-2-14
Use props
Roy Rogers \\
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1186296 ft
United States

Your Comment Tracking Number: 1k4-9fb3-6lns
2020-3-1
Use props
TimotyWhea
lvl.1

Ukraine

Very cool video! I support you in your view on the rules.
2023-8-17
Use props
kahixa
lvl.1

Germany

It's essential to approach the use of drones responsibly and within the confines of local regulations and laws. While some drone hobbyists might be frustrated with increasing regulations, disregarding the rules can lead to legal consequences, safety issues, and a negative perception of the drone community as a whole. The regulation of drones is often driven by safety concerns, as well as concerns about privacy and national security.

If you believe that the regulations are too restrictive, it's better to advocate for change through the appropriate channels, such as contacting your local lawmakers, joining drone enthusiasts' associations, or participating in discussions about responsible drone use. Promoting safe and responsible drone flying is more likely to lead to a positive outcome for the drone community and its ability to enjoy this hobby.
2023-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules