Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic mini - SD Card unavailable
5486 18 1-12 04:32
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jenkins
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10814 ft
United Kingdom

I have tried three different SD cards, all say SD Card Unavailable. They work fine on any other device.
Guess my drone is faulty? I Tried exFat, NTFS, formatted and unformatted cards. Nothing.
1-12 04:32
Use props
lannes
Captain
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Have you tried re-flashing the firmware
1-12 05:08
Use props
Akirasho
First Officer

United States

https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/specs

Supported SD Cards
Supported SD Cards
UHS-I Speed Class 3 or above is required. A list of reccomended microSD cards can be found below.
Recommended microSD Cards
16 GB: SanDisk Extreme, Lexar 633x
32 GB: Samsung Pro Endurance, Samsung Evo Plus, SanDisk Industrial, Sandisk Extreme V30 A1, SanDisk Extreme V30 A2, SanDisk Extreme Pro V30 A1, SanDisk Extreme Pro V30 A2, Lexar 633x, Lexar 667x
64 GB: Samsung Pro Endurance, Samsung Evo Plus, SanDisk Extreme V30 A1, SanDisk Extreme V30 A2, Lexar 633x, Lexar 667x, Lexar 1000x, Lexar High Endurance, Toshiba EXCERIA M303 V30 A1, Netac Pro V30 A1
128 GB: Samsung Pro Plus, Samsung Evo Plus, SanDisk Extreme V30 A1, SanDisk Extreme V30 A2, SanDisk Extreme Plus V30 A1, SanDisk Extreme Plus V30 A2, Lexar 633x, Lexar 667x, Lexar 1000x, Lexar High Endurance, Toshiba EXCERIA M303 V30 A1, Netac Pro V30 A1
256 GB: SanDisk Extreme V30 A1, SanDisk Extreme V30 A2

1-12 05:09
Use props
DJI Gamora
Super Moderator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. May I know what is the brand of SD cards that you have tried to use? You may refer to the recommended list of SD cards that was posted by our fellow member Akirasho on post #3. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
1-12 08:21
Use props
KRAKY
lvl.1

Czechia

I do have the same problem I have used three cards - two Kingston and one Samsung Ultra - so none of them are mentioned in the recommended list. I have the latest firmware. Can it really be by the not supported cards? So I have to purchase really the new one/recommended?
1-12 11:11
Use props
StubbornSwiss
Second Officer
Flight distance : 251480 ft
United States

If I remember correctly, other people who had SD card issues solved it by getting one that was on the recommended list.

Like I said, I believe thats what the solution was.
1-12 11:17
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 2203852 ft
  • >>>
United States

how do you do that when reformatting the card in the drone?  oh, I see you're formatting the card elsewhere and then trying to insert it in the drone.  lol lol
1-12 12:50
Use props
KRAKY
lvl.1

Czechia

I have purchased SanDisk MicroSDHC 32GB Extreme A1 UHS-I (V30) (i.e. one of the recommended cards) and I can confirm that it works now. Thank you.
1-14 09:57
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Captain
Flight distance : 430466 ft
Spain

KRAKY Posted at 1-14 09:57
I have purchased SanDisk MicroSDHC 32GB Extreme A1 UHS-I (V30) (i.e. one of the recommended cards) and I can confirm that it works now. Thank you.

Nice so is fixed, maybe change tittle to (SOLVED).
Happy flying!
1-14 11:00
Use props
djiuser_sXJcQlzn5f0V
lvl.1
Flight distance : 424813 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-12 08:21
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. May I know what is the brand of SD cards that you have tried to use? You may refer to the recommended list of SD cards that was posted by our fellow member Akirasho on post #3. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

I used to be able to use a Kingston and 2 Sandisk 16gb ultras. None of them work anymore. Very dissapointing as now i need to buy more cards. They arent expensive but it makes no sense as the cards worked fine and the firmware update has now made them unusable.
3-30 14:53
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

djiuser_sXJcQlzn5f0V Posted at 3-30 14:53
I used to be able to use a Kingston and 2 Sandisk 16gb ultras. None of them work anymore. Very dissapointing as now i need to buy more cards. They arent expensive but it makes no sense as the cards worked fine and the firmware update has now made them unusable.

Kingston have never been good in these aircraft, and the Sandisk Ultra series is a borderline card in terms of speed. There is a simple answer, buy the best Sandisk card you can find and it should work fine. Try the Sandisk Extreme Pro series. And also, format them in the aircraft, and do it often, as DJI fill the cards up with hidden files that take up space. You can't see these files, but formatting erases them.
3-30 15:42
Use props
IC360Images
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 3-30 15:42
Kingston have never been good in these aircraft, and the Sandisk Ultra series is a borderline card in terms of speed. There is a simple answer, buy the best Sandisk card you can find and it should work fine. Try the Sandisk Extreme Pro series. And also, format them in the aircraft, and do it often, as DJI fill the cards up with hidden files that take up space. You can't see these files, but formatting erases them.

thanks for the reply. The ultras were fine and i have hours of video on them from my mini. Its one thing if buffering becomes an issue, but it never has. It seems as dji has decided to block the cards regardless of my settings as i cant even start the mini without getting sd card error warnings.
3-30 19:39
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 38543 ft
Russia

#Quick Reply Here#Before making a new post, you could read numerous posts on the choice of memory cards!
And when describing the fact that everything is gone, you need to put at least the brand of your memory cards!
We have already discussed 100500 times that we need V30, U3, V60 or V90!
3-30 20:12
Use props
IC360Images
lvl.1
United States

Alevpi Posted at 3-30 20:12
#Quick Reply Here#Before making a new post, you could read numerous posts on the choice of memory cards!
And when describing the fact that everything is gone, you need to put at least the brand of your memory cards!
We have already discussed 100500 times that we need V30, U3, V60 or V90!

who said "everything is gone"? i dont see anything relating to that in this thread. btw, i can ask anything i would like. Its helpful to read from other readers and perhaps others will learn from this. Thats the point of a forum. Its for others to share their experiences.
3-30 20:30
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

IC360Images Posted at 3-30 19:39
thanks for the reply. The ultras were fine and i have hours of video on them from my mini. Its one thing if buffering becomes an issue, but it never has. It seems as dji has decided to block the cards regardless of my settings as i cant even start the mini without getting sd card error warnings.

"The ultras were fine and i have hours of video on them from my mini. Its one thing if buffering becomes an issue, but it never has."

There is no buffering in these aircraft, if the card cannot record at sufficient speed, the recording simply stops.

" It seems as dji has decided to block the cards regardless of my settings as i cant even start the mini without getting sd card error warnings."

DJI do not 'block' cards, but they do a test on the card when the aircraft powers up. If it does not pass the test, then you will get an SD error warning. It is possible your aircraft has a fault in the SD card section, but more likely the card has become filled with rubbish. Can you try formatting the card? Preferably in the aircraft. Don't forget to copy off any video clips on the card first.

3-30 20:39
Use props
IC360Images
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 3-30 20:39
"The ultras were fine and i have hours of video on them from my mini. Its one thing if buffering becomes an issue, but it never has."

There is no buffering in these aircraft, if the card cannot record at sufficient speed, the recording simply stops.

I did try to format the card in the aircraft several times earlier today.  I was frustrated as i wanted to use the mini today and over the  past 4 months, i never had an issue with my sd cards. Today, the three i had with me didnt work and they had worked fine in the past.  However, I have just ordered the samsung extreme pro U3 A2 as was suggested, so the issue should be resolved in a few days.
3-30 21:18
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Russia

IC360Images Posted at 3-30 20:30
who said "everything is gone"? i dont see anything relating to that in this thread. btw, i can ask anything i would like. Its helpful to read from other readers and perhaps others will learn from this. Thats the point of a forum. Its for others to share their experiences.

Where it was...

No one disputes that the card corresponding for example to the specification UHS Speed Class 1 (U1) Video Speed Class 10 (V10) will work in MM. the Minimum recording speed is 10 MB/s, and maybe in reality all 40, just in the party there is a spread of speeds and most of them are V10 and so they are marked by the manufacturer, but it is the one that caught the applicant pulls on the V30...

DJI recommends a maximum video bitrate of 40 Mbit/s for the drone, taking into account the VBR and buffer, some v10s may be missing...

But have you ever wondered why, for example, SanDisk Extreme Pro with the same capacity and speed is actually more expensive than SanDisk Extreme?
It's all about speed degradation when rewriting the map, i.e. as soon as the map is full and data is already overwritten in the flash cells, the speed will immediately drop, and in your map it may already fall below the level at which MM can normally record video in 2.7 K...
And the difference in price between SanDisk Extreme Pro and SanDisk Extreme is the degree of degradation after each re-write of the full capacity, and for example, the first card will match V30 after 50 rewrites, and 51 will no longer be, and the second after 25 rewrites, and 26 will no longer be...

and

Even in a single family, usually 32Gb is Video Speed Class (V10) - the Minimum recording speed is 10 MB / s (FHD recording)
And on 64Gb already Video Speed Class 30 (V30) - the Minimum recording speed is 30 MB/s (4K recording)

PS And Samsung EVO 32Gb by the way V10.

3-30 21:50
Use props
IC360Images
lvl.1
United States

Alevpi Posted at 3-30 21:50
Where it was...

No one disputes that the card corresponding for example to the specification UHS Speed Class 1 (U1) Video Speed Class 10 (V10) will work in MM. the Minimum recording speed is 10 MB/s, and maybe in reality all 40, just in the party there is a spread of speeds and most of them are V10 and so they are marked by the manufacturer, but it is the one that caught the applicant pulls on the V30...

it looks like i have a lot to learn regarding sd cards. So are you saying that every time i use the card, its speeds will drop slightly? There is no way to avoid this right? Lastly i assume the card i ordered, (extreme pro A2 U3) will eventually fail to meet the speed requirements? I know the card i bought is approved, but is it one that you would use?
3-31 05:25
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Russia

IC360Images Posted at 3-31 05:25
it looks like i have a lot to learn regarding sd cards. So are you saying that every time i use the card, its speeds will drop slightly? There is no way to avoid this right? Lastly i assume the card i ordered, (extreme pro A2 U3) will eventually fail to meet the speed requirements? I know the card i bought is approved, but is it one that you would use?

When data is written to the map in an amount equal to the volume of the map and the speed drops again, and so each time in a circle. In other words, the larger the card capacity, the longer it will last.
And SD extreme pro A2 U3 is one of the best options.
3-31 08:01
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules