12Next >
32043 41 2020-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jenkins
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10814 ft
United Kingdom

I have tried three different SD cards, all say SD Card Unavailable. They work fine on any other device.
Guess my drone is faulty? I Tried exFat, NTFS, formatted and unformatted cards. Nothing.
2020-1-12
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Have you tried re-flashing the firmware
2020-1-12
Use props
Akirasho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1622238 ft
United States

https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/specs

Supported SD Cards
Supported SD Cards
UHS-I Speed Class 3 or above is required. A list of reccomended microSD cards can be found below.
Recommended microSD Cards
16 GB: SanDisk Extreme, Lexar 633x
32 GB: Samsung Pro Endurance, Samsung Evo Plus, SanDisk Industrial, Sandisk Extreme V30 A1, SanDisk Extreme V30 A2, SanDisk Extreme Pro V30 A1, SanDisk Extreme Pro V30 A2, Lexar 633x, Lexar 667x
64 GB: Samsung Pro Endurance, Samsung Evo Plus, SanDisk Extreme V30 A1, SanDisk Extreme V30 A2, Lexar 633x, Lexar 667x, Lexar 1000x, Lexar High Endurance, Toshiba EXCERIA M303 V30 A1, Netac Pro V30 A1
128 GB: Samsung Pro Plus, Samsung Evo Plus, SanDisk Extreme V30 A1, SanDisk Extreme V30 A2, SanDisk Extreme Plus V30 A1, SanDisk Extreme Plus V30 A2, Lexar 633x, Lexar 667x, Lexar 1000x, Lexar High Endurance, Toshiba EXCERIA M303 V30 A1, Netac Pro V30 A1
256 GB: SanDisk Extreme V30 A1, SanDisk Extreme V30 A2

2020-1-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. May I know what is the brand of SD cards that you have tried to use? You may refer to the recommended list of SD cards that was posted by our fellow member Akirasho on post #3. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2020-1-12
Use props
KRAKY
New

Czechia

I do have the same problem I have used three cards - two Kingston and one Samsung Ultra - so none of them are mentioned in the recommended list. I have the latest firmware. Can it really be by the not supported cards? So I have to purchase really the new one/recommended?
2020-1-12
Use props
StubbornSwiss
lvl.4
Flight distance : 480771 ft
United States

If I remember correctly, other people who had SD card issues solved it by getting one that was on the recommended list.

Like I said, I believe thats what the solution was.
2020-1-12
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

how do you do that when reformatting the card in the drone?  oh, I see you're formatting the card elsewhere and then trying to insert it in the drone.  lol lol
2020-1-12
Use props
KRAKY
New

Czechia

I have purchased SanDisk MicroSDHC 32GB Extreme A1 UHS-I (V30) (i.e. one of the recommended cards) and I can confirm that it works now. Thank you.
2020-1-14
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

KRAKY Posted at 1-14 09:57
I have purchased SanDisk MicroSDHC 32GB Extreme A1 UHS-I (V30) (i.e. one of the recommended cards) and I can confirm that it works now. Thank you.

Nice so is fixed, maybe change tittle to (SOLVED).
Happy flying!
2020-1-14
Use props
djiuser_sXJcQlzn5f0V
lvl.1
Flight distance : 531539 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-12 08:21
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. May I know what is the brand of SD cards that you have tried to use? You may refer to the recommended list of SD cards that was posted by our fellow member Akirasho on post #3. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

I used to be able to use a Kingston and 2 Sandisk 16gb ultras. None of them work anymore. Very dissapointing as now i need to buy more cards. They arent expensive but it makes no sense as the cards worked fine and the firmware update has now made them unusable.
2020-3-30
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

djiuser_sXJcQlzn5f0V Posted at 3-30 14:53
I used to be able to use a Kingston and 2 Sandisk 16gb ultras. None of them work anymore. Very dissapointing as now i need to buy more cards. They arent expensive but it makes no sense as the cards worked fine and the firmware update has now made them unusable.

Kingston have never been good in these aircraft, and the Sandisk Ultra series is a borderline card in terms of speed. There is a simple answer, buy the best Sandisk card you can find and it should work fine. Try the Sandisk Extreme Pro series. And also, format them in the aircraft, and do it often, as DJI fill the cards up with hidden files that take up space. You can't see these files, but formatting erases them.
2020-3-30
Use props
IC360Images
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 3-30 15:42
Kingston have never been good in these aircraft, and the Sandisk Ultra series is a borderline card in terms of speed. There is a simple answer, buy the best Sandisk card you can find and it should work fine. Try the Sandisk Extreme Pro series. And also, format them in the aircraft, and do it often, as DJI fill the cards up with hidden files that take up space. You can't see these files, but formatting erases them.

thanks for the reply. The ultras were fine and i have hours of video on them from my mini. Its one thing if buffering becomes an issue, but it never has. It seems as dji has decided to block the cards regardless of my settings as i cant even start the mini without getting sd card error warnings.
2020-3-30
Use props
Alevpi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

#Quick Reply Here#Before making a new post, you could read numerous posts on the choice of memory cards!
And when describing the fact that everything is gone, you need to put at least the brand of your memory cards!
We have already discussed 100500 times that we need V30, U3, V60 or V90!
2020-3-30
Use props
IC360Images
lvl.1
United States

Alevpi Posted at 3-30 20:12
#Quick Reply Here#Before making a new post, you could read numerous posts on the choice of memory cards!
And when describing the fact that everything is gone, you need to put at least the brand of your memory cards!
We have already discussed 100500 times that we need V30, U3, V60 or V90!

who said "everything is gone"? i dont see anything relating to that in this thread. btw, i can ask anything i would like. Its helpful to read from other readers and perhaps others will learn from this. Thats the point of a forum. Its for others to share their experiences.
2020-3-30
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

IC360Images Posted at 3-30 19:39
thanks for the reply. The ultras were fine and i have hours of video on them from my mini. Its one thing if buffering becomes an issue, but it never has. It seems as dji has decided to block the cards regardless of my settings as i cant even start the mini without getting sd card error warnings.

"The ultras were fine and i have hours of video on them from my mini. Its one thing if buffering becomes an issue, but it never has."

There is no buffering in these aircraft, if the card cannot record at sufficient speed, the recording simply stops.

" It seems as dji has decided to block the cards regardless of my settings as i cant even start the mini without getting sd card error warnings."

DJI do not 'block' cards, but they do a test on the card when the aircraft powers up. If it does not pass the test, then you will get an SD error warning. It is possible your aircraft has a fault in the SD card section, but more likely the card has become filled with rubbish. Can you try formatting the card? Preferably in the aircraft. Don't forget to copy off any video clips on the card first.

2020-3-30
Use props
IC360Images
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 3-30 20:39
"The ultras were fine and i have hours of video on them from my mini. Its one thing if buffering becomes an issue, but it never has."

There is no buffering in these aircraft, if the card cannot record at sufficient speed, the recording simply stops.

I did try to format the card in the aircraft several times earlier today.  I was frustrated as i wanted to use the mini today and over the  past 4 months, i never had an issue with my sd cards. Today, the three i had with me didnt work and they had worked fine in the past.  However, I have just ordered the samsung extreme pro U3 A2 as was suggested, so the issue should be resolved in a few days.
2020-3-30
Use props
Alevpi
lvl.4
Russia

IC360Images Posted at 3-30 20:30
who said "everything is gone"? i dont see anything relating to that in this thread. btw, i can ask anything i would like. Its helpful to read from other readers and perhaps others will learn from this. Thats the point of a forum. Its for others to share their experiences.

Where it was...

No one disputes that the card corresponding for example to the specification UHS Speed Class 1 (U1) Video Speed Class 10 (V10) will work in MM. the Minimum recording speed is 10 MB/s, and maybe in reality all 40, just in the party there is a spread of speeds and most of them are V10 and so they are marked by the manufacturer, but it is the one that caught the applicant pulls on the V30...

DJI recommends a maximum video bitrate of 40 Mbit/s for the drone, taking into account the VBR and buffer, some v10s may be missing...

But have you ever wondered why, for example, SanDisk Extreme Pro with the same capacity and speed is actually more expensive than SanDisk Extreme?
It's all about speed degradation when rewriting the map, i.e. as soon as the map is full and data is already overwritten in the flash cells, the speed will immediately drop, and in your map it may already fall below the level at which MM can normally record video in 2.7 K...
And the difference in price between SanDisk Extreme Pro and SanDisk Extreme is the degree of degradation after each re-write of the full capacity, and for example, the first card will match V30 after 50 rewrites, and 51 will no longer be, and the second after 25 rewrites, and 26 will no longer be...

and

Even in a single family, usually 32Gb is Video Speed Class (V10) - the Minimum recording speed is 10 MB / s (FHD recording)
And on 64Gb already Video Speed Class 30 (V30) - the Minimum recording speed is 30 MB/s (4K recording)

PS And Samsung EVO 32Gb by the way V10.

2020-3-30
Use props
IC360Images
lvl.1
United States

Alevpi Posted at 3-30 21:50
Where it was...

No one disputes that the card corresponding for example to the specification UHS Speed Class 1 (U1) Video Speed Class 10 (V10) will work in MM. the Minimum recording speed is 10 MB/s, and maybe in reality all 40, just in the party there is a spread of speeds and most of them are V10 and so they are marked by the manufacturer, but it is the one that caught the applicant pulls on the V30...

it looks like i have a lot to learn regarding sd cards. So are you saying that every time i use the card, its speeds will drop slightly? There is no way to avoid this right? Lastly i assume the card i ordered, (extreme pro A2 U3) will eventually fail to meet the speed requirements? I know the card i bought is approved, but is it one that you would use?
2020-3-31
Use props
Alevpi
lvl.4
Russia

IC360Images Posted at 3-31 05:25
it looks like i have a lot to learn regarding sd cards. So are you saying that every time i use the card, its speeds will drop slightly? There is no way to avoid this right? Lastly i assume the card i ordered, (extreme pro A2 U3) will eventually fail to meet the speed requirements? I know the card i bought is approved, but is it one that you would use?

When data is written to the map in an amount equal to the volume of the map and the speed drops again, and so each time in a circle. In other words, the larger the card capacity, the longer it will last.
And SD extreme pro A2 U3 is one of the best options.
2020-3-31
Use props
djiuser_MSWbMgmGgBPP
New

India

I have tried sd card Samsung Evo + 64 GB micro sd xc but after fix with the drone it shows that SD card unavailable why ??pls solve my problem with my mavic mini
2020-9-21
Use props
fanscd1557a1
New
Flight distance : 2654 ft
United States

I’m having the same issue an my drone is new
2020-9-27
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

fanscd1557a1 Posted at 9-27 10:57
I’m having the same issue an my drone is new

If you want help, then provide details, 'I am having the same' does not help at all.
2020-9-27
Use props
Erik_DJI
New

United States

I just bought my first drone, the Mavic Mini, as a complete package which included the SanDisk Extreme 128 GB microSD card. When I turned on both the drone, controller, and the app on my iPhone (which was mounted in and connected to the controller), the app said there was no SD card. I tapped Format, then Confirm. The drone's light flashed several colors, then began steadily blinking yellow and never stopped until I turned it off.

This is the SD card that came in the box with the Mavic Mini. What am I missing?

P.S. I read elsewhere about connecting the drone through the USB cable to my iMac. I did so, but unlike that author, my iMac never recognized the drone's SD card; and the drone's light continued flashing yellow.

2020-11-2
Use props
djiuser_6Jtn6igxPRTB
New

Dominican Republic

Akirasho Posted at 1-12 05:09
https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/specs

Supported SD Cards

Buenas, tengo pensado comprar una Samsung Evo de 256GB me gustaría saber si es compatible antes de comprarla
2020-12-6
Use props
djiuser_6Jtn6igxPRTB
New

Dominican Republic

djiuser_6Jtn6igxPRTB Posted at 12-6 13:51
Buenas, tengo pensado comprar una Samsung Evo de 256GB me gustaría saber si es compatible antes de comprarla

Is the Samsung Evo 256GB compatible with the Mini 2?
2020-12-8
Use props
djiuser_26aj0VgtpPO4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8241 ft
Luxembourg

Hi all,

I have a DJI Mini 2.

I bought, as recommanded by DJI, an 256 Gb SanDisk Extreme V30 A2.

Since I put the card in my drone, the drone is always telling me “SD Card unavailable” after initializing the card. The Format-function seems not to work neither.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks in advance

Max
2021-1-9
Use props
AdriA3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2656857 ft
Netherlands

I have the DJI mini 2 and today I ordered four ScanDisk EXTEME PRO SDXC UHS-I 64GB cards.
On the box of the cards I can read U3  V30 4K UHD speed up to 170 MB/s

Now I see this card is not on the list. Does anybody know, will this work? Please, help. The boxes of those four cards are still closed, so I can return them to the shop.

(my DJI mini 2 is new and is never used yet. When this cards will not work, I can send them back to the shop and get my money back, or buy a few cards on the list within 14 days)
2021-1-15
Use props
Leitchy
New

United States

Formatted my no name 256 GB card in the laptop NTFS, then reformatted in the Mavic Mini and it is now recognised
2021-3-31
Use props
djiuser_Kx249aSFVyux
New
Flight distance : 5105 ft
Sierra Leone

DJI Gamora Posted at 2020-1-12 08:21
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. May I know what is the brand of SD cards that you have tried to use? You may refer to the recommended list of SD cards that was posted by our fellow member Akirasho on post #3. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

Same problem in here I bought the Scandisk extreme 64gb U3 A2 and thought it might work and than nothing!!!! Noting that it was working with my Dji Spark but not with mini 2 now
2021-4-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_Kx249aSFVyux Posted at 4-7 14:46
Same problem in here  I bought the Scandisk extreme 64gb U3 A2 and thought it might work and than nothing!!!! Noting that it was working with my Dji Spark but not with mini 2 now

Hi, djiuser_Kx249aSFVyux. We're sorry to read about the difficulties you're experiencing. You can try and format the microSD card to your DJI Spark then plug it back into your DJI Mini 2 and see whether that might work.

Note: Please backup your files before formatting to avoid losing important files.
2021-4-7
Use props
Arnel Calimbas
New

United States

format it in the fly app. i did it on an old kingston sd and it worked. it's being recognized. the list contains suggested SDs for optimum performance but it doesn't mean it won't recognize anything not in the list.
2021-6-20
Use props
Luukd_2000
New

Netherlands

I had this too, I formatted the sd cart in a different drone and it started working.
I think it has something to do with the file system when you format the sd card.
2021-6-21
Use props
djiuser_0aqVcstYNosb
lvl.1

Philippines

Mine mini is the same, before use to say no SD card if it was not in place. Now it says unavailable all the time even using know good compatable cards. Even the ones that worked fine before stopped...all unavailble. Looks like a defective unit, need to return for refund while I still can
2022-2-15
Use props
djiuser_0aqVcstYNosb
lvl.1

Philippines

Did you ever get it fixed? If so how? I am about to return mine for same reason
2022-2-15
Use props
djiuser_DOxoRpqpRWdl
New

United Kingdom

Hi,

Please please please could someone help me.

I have bought a Samsung Evo Plus 64gb card off the list however when i put it into my Dji Mini Se it says "sd card malfunction, change card code 10023.

I have tried formatting both on a laptop and the dji app and once in a while it gives option to start recording at 2.7k, however frustratingly after a few seconds it says that the "sd card speed is low  . format sd card"

This card is from the approved list and i have it formatted as exFat so i dont know why its saying sd card speeds too low

Hi Shaun heres some photos and it was a new purchase off ebay...
2022-5-5
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

post a photo of the card? From whom did you buy it?
2022-5-5
Use props
djiuser_DOxoRpqpRWdl
New

United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-5 21:17
post a photo of the card? From whom did you buy it?
Hi sean i have posted the pics again here

It was a new purchase off ebay
2022-5-6
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I see no pictures nor a link, sorry.
I would suggest you run H2testw on the card (WIndows only) and see what it says of the card. You could also try the app "SD Insight" on android. You might need a phone connectable card reader etc. for the latter. Unfortuately I can not help with testers for other operating systems
There are unfortunately quite a few sellers of dubious cards on ebay, whether they themselves have been duped I do not know.

I now use amazon, from memory "city of memory" or some such name. Every new card gets tested with H2testw as soon as I open the packing, no Amazon bought card has failed.

You should also look at the speed rating on the card, I believe you probably need a U3 rated card rather than U1, U3 works for me but I do not shoot 4k video etc.

2022-5-6
Use props
djiuser_DOxoRpqpRWdl
New

United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-6 09:04
I see no pictures nor a link, sorry.
I would suggest you run H2testw on the card (WIndows only) and see what it says of the card. You could also try the app "SD Insight" on android. You might need a phone connectable card reader etc. for the latter. Unfortuately I can not help with testers for other operating systems
There are unfortunately quite a few sellers of dubious cards on ebay, whether they themselves have been duped I do not know.

Thank you for the advice, i will try that.

(Not sure why photos arent showing, my bad)
2022-5-6
Use props
Chris Webber
lvl.2
Flight distance : 921329 ft
United Kingdom

This will resolve the problem. Take your Micro SD card out of the Mavic.  Slide it into your SD card adapter. Get a camera or ask a friend that has one and format the card via the camera. Replace SD card into Mavic and then you should be good to go!
2022-6-9
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules