Any News on Fixing the Garbage Mimo App?
631 2 2020-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Interceptor_Alpha
lvl.2
United States

As I'm sure everyone is familiar with the Mimo app you must use to connect the Osmo Action to a device is absolute garbage. It requires GPS, WiFi, AND Bluetooth to be active to do anything. This in turn renders whatever device you're using a brick untilyou disconnect the Osmo. You can use data thus meaning you can't immediately share anything you pull.

Furthermore let's talk about privacy: Why does the app require GPS when it is being used for absolutely nothing? On top of this it prevents you from using it with a device that doesn't have GPS which is stilll fairly common in tablets.

Why does it require both Bluetooth and wifi? I connect Mt gopro to my phone using wifi only and transfer via Bluetooth without any issue. Why has DJI elected to make a simple camera require every function on your phone that makes it a phone to use a camera?

And I know this is about the app. But let's not forget that DJI ruined the rock steady by thinking they knew what was best when a simple rock steady inte sity setting would have been all we needed because a couple people complained about a screen you don't use on an action camera being slightly laggy.
2020-1-12
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Have you tried posting in the Osmo Action forum?
2020-1-12
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

Any news on how to post in the proper forum? Yes!

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;extra=#pid2047747
2020-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules