5293 67 2020-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans66835c50
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6247 ft
Chile

You DJI made me mad...

I've bought a mavic mini, took i to the mountains, tried to fly just to get info, that my drone is locked and I have to upgrade the firmware. The app couldn't download the 40MB firmware because of poor internet so I couldn't fly and great occasion was lost.

Few days later when the internet was better I've upgraded the firmware, took the drone to another spot and guess what, it's unusable, it breaks every 2-10 sec, starts/stops recording by it's own, changes P/S/C mode by it's own randomly...

Now I'm downloading the DJI Assistant app to try to reinstall the firmware, but if this will not help I'll be you worst advertisment in the internet... It's not serious to sell this unstable ****...
2020-1-12
Use props
fans66835c50
lvl.1
Chile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te_cjqQQe08
2020-1-12
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Remember to re-flash the firmware on both the RC and AC

Also watch out for the battery firmware upgrade notice on the first page of the DJI Fly app, you may see this when you use other batteries.
2020-1-12
Use props
StubbornSwiss
lvl.4
Flight distance : 480771 ft
United States

fans66835c50 Posted at 1-12 09:35

Maybe if you were a bit more patient to try and update all the firmware, including the AC, RC and the DJI Fly app, and actually connected a phone to the RC to test it....... maybe, just maybe you would get better results.

Unfortunately it appears you have spent more time making a YouTube video bashing the drone.

I speak for myself and I'm sure many others, when I say I continue to fly my MM successfully.

I hope you sort out your issues.
2020-1-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to refresh the firmware of your DJI Mavic Mini and it's remote controller for you to be able to use the drone properly. For reference I will be posting a link where in you can find the most recent firmware for the said drone ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/downloads ). Thank you.
2020-1-12
Use props
fans66835c50
lvl.1
Chile

StubbornSwiss Posted at 1-12 09:47
Maybe if you were a bit more patient to try and update all the firmware, including the AC, RC and the DJI Fly app, and actually connected a phone to the RC to test it....... maybe, just maybe you would get better results.

Unfortunately it appears you have spent more time making a YouTube video bashing the drone.

I had latest DJI Fly app version. It disallowed me to use the drone. Finally when I had internet I've used that official app, and it successfully updated firmware both in RC and the aircraft, there's no option in the android app to install firmware just on RC or AC. There was no message in the app that something went wrong, there's no option in the app to update anything because it says that both RC and AC has the latest firmware. There's no warning in the app while flying, it tells me that everything is ok, except it stops sometimes very often (even without any wind) and sometimes allows me to fly for a minute.

That's the difference between chinese crap and good product, if firmware update failed it should say it. If something doesn't work it should say it. When I connect the drone to the DJI Assistant 2 app it says, that some modules in drone have incompatible versions... shouldn't the official android app say the same?
2020-1-12
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

fans66835c50 Posted at 1-12 10:03
I had latest DJI Fly app version. It disallowed me to use the drone. Finally when I had internet I've used that official app, and it successfully updated firmware both in RC and the aircraft, there's no option in the android app to install firmware just on RC or AC. There was no message in the app that something went wrong, there's no option in the app to update anything because it says that both RC and AC has the latest firmware. There's no warning in the app while flying, it tells me that everything is ok, except it stops sometimes very often (even without any wind) and sometimes allows me to fly for a minute.

That's the difference between chinese crap and good product, if firmware update failed it should say it. If something doesn't work it should say it. When I connect the drone to the DJI Assistant 2 app it says, that some modules in drone have incompatible versions... shouldn't the official android app say the same?

Hello, sorry to hear you suffered with the Mini.

I´d like to add that, firstly, you can disable the firmware updates by simply turning the Wifi in your phone Off, in fact it is highly recommended that you turn your phone in airplane mode, not only to stop Wifi interference but also to stop you from ecieving emails, calls or messages that will distract you while flying.

Using the phone with Wifi ON can cause interferences too, if you have an Apple watch or any other smart watch, take it off too, it is enough to affect your controller and drone.

Reflashing everything with the DJI Assistant 2 is a good idea.

Really hope you get your unit workling correctly, for me it has been an awesome flying experience, not issues at all apart from some small bugs that were corrected by DJI so Im sure the firmware will continue to improve.

But I don´t think you can call it ¨chinesse crap¨since 98% of electronics these days comes from China, and they do a pretty good job in general, could you point me to any piece of tech you own not made in China? In this forum we, users, try to help others as much as we can.
Next flight please post your flight logs so we can help youi further with diagnostics.

2020-1-12
Use props
fans66835c50
lvl.1
Chile

InspektorGadjet Posted at 1-12 10:09
Hello, sorry to hear you suffered with the Mini.

I´d like to add that, firstly, you can disable the firmware updates by simply turning the Wifi in your phone Off, in fact it is highly recommended that you turn your phone in airplane mode, not only to stop Wifi interference but also to stop you from ecieving emails, calls or messages that will distract you while flying.

"But I don´t think you can call it ¨chinesse crap¨since 98% of electronics these days comes from China"

sure, but 10% of it is a good stuff and 90% is a crap. I had mavic pro and it was on the good side...

I did the firmware update both in RC and AC, same issue occurs, it has some strange stops, and on every stop it starts or stops recording or sometimes takes pictures, and shows that P mode was selected. Is there any auto recording option that I could turn off? Is there a way to disable down facing sensors to check if this is somehow related to them? Does it stop/start recording when loose the connection?

I'm travelling now on through South America most of the time in mountais which I want to record but can't, and internet is a crap usualy...
2020-1-12
Use props
cK-mini
lvl.3
Indonesia

fans66835c50 Posted at 1-12 10:34
"But I don´t think you can call it ¨chinesse crap¨since 98% of electronics these days comes from China"

sure, but 10% of it is a good stuff and 90% is a crap. I had mavic pro and it was on the good side...

all things now made in china boy.. have u live in china?? u should try those good product there.. nowdays markets need a simple cheap product.. so china made it so.. depend on things u wanna compare.. even iphone assembly in china.. u can say china product crap because u see base on markets needs.. no wonder.. other country cannot made that simple cheap product.. blame markets not china.. china give what markets need.. they dont care if it is good or not.. they only give what market want..
2020-1-12
Use props
fans66835c50
lvl.1
Chile

cK-mini Posted at 1-12 10:47
all things now made in china boy.. have u live in china?? u should try those good product there.. nowdays markets need a simple cheap product.. so china made it so.. depend on things u wanna compare.. even iphone assembly in china.. u can say china product crap because u see base on markets needs.. no wonder.. other country cannot made that simple cheap product.. blame markets not china.. china give what markets need.. they dont care if it is good or not.. they only give what market want..

"have u live in china?? u should try those good product there.. nowdays markets need a simple cheap product.. so china made it so.. depend on things u wanna compare.."

That's what I'm saying, I thought that DJI tries to be in that 10% of good ones, but now I'm in doubt...

First, you should never force me to update the firmware, I mean locking the device and not allowing me to use it, it just not how good product is made. I can imagine doing it after half year of not updating but few days after new firmware is released, it's just stupid

Then if you force me to do te upgrade make it at least stable in your official app.... if I wouldn't take laptop with me what should I do?

Third, you sold me a device that's somehow fucked up? Maybe the remote? Why it starts/stops recording every few seconds, if it stops I could blame the sd card... but it STARTS recording without my intention, sometims even before I start to hover...
2020-1-12
Use props
StubbornSwiss
lvl.4
Flight distance : 480771 ft
United States

fans66835c50 Posted at 1-12 11:01
"have u live in china?? u should try those good product there.. nowdays markets need a simple cheap product.. so china made it so.. depend on things u wanna compare.."

That's what I'm saying, I thought that DJI tries to be in that 10% of good ones, but now I'm in doubt...

I have a simple solution for you.

Return the product, get a refund, and buy something made in Chile.

Problem solved! No need to thank me!!
2020-1-12
Use props
fans66835c50
lvl.1
Chile

StubbornSwiss Posted at 1-12 11:11

Guys, I'm not interested in your opinion. I bought a product made by DJI, it does not work, I'm asking the manufacturer why it does not work depite the official app says everything is OK. I would return it but guess what, I've already moved from Punta Arenas and now I'm in Puerto Rio Tranquilo, should I do thousands of kms besause Chinese company DJI sells products that were not tested if they work?
2020-1-12
Use props
cK-mini
lvl.3
Indonesia

fans66835c50 Posted at 1-12 11:01
"have u live in china?? u should try those good product there.. nowdays markets need a simple cheap product.. so china made it so.. depend on things u wanna compare.."

That's what I'm saying, I thought that DJI tries to be in that 10% of good ones, but now I'm in doubt...

locking the device is for safety.. it may cause trouble for ur drone if u force it to fly.. dont think like a 5 years old kid.. DJI market target is  90% grown up HUMAN with more brain inside and some money.. maybe u r just other part of the 10%.. which is not the market target of DJI.. u can sell it and try using other drone.. WAKANDA drone would be perfect.. or maybe ASGARDIAN drone.. HEAVEN drone.. u can control it with ur mind.. it give u feedback directly to ur brain.. nice one yeah??
2020-1-12
Use props
cK-mini
lvl.3
Indonesia

StubbornSwiss Posted at 1-12 11:11

made in chile.. LOL.. is there any?? made in HEAVEN would be nice..
2020-1-12
Use props
fans66835c50
lvl.1
Chile

cK-mini Posted at 1-12 11:40
locking the device is for safety.. it may cause trouble for ur drone if u force it to fly.. dont think like a 5 years old kid.. DJI market target is  90% grown up HUMAN with more brain inside and some money.. maybe u r just other part of the 10%.. which is not the market target of DJI.. u can sell it and try using other drone.. WAKANDA drone would be perfect.. or maybe ASGARDIAN drone.. HEAVEN drone.. u can control it with ur mind.. it give u feedback directly to ur brain.. nice one yeah??
You're so funny kid. I have nothing against the update as long as it is possible... Imagine a situation kid:
You book a 5 day trekking in Torres del Paine, you have to do it half year before because there's a lot of rich kids doing the same. Your drone works fine the day before. Next day in the morning you drive hundreds of km just to find out that your drone doesn't work, because the app updated during the night and locks the drone until you to the update. There's no mobile coverage/Internet so you cannot do the update, you cannot go back because you do five day trek and next opportunity is... next year. When the app decides for the user it means the target are stupid kids, not thinking adults. But it's not the topic of this thread so please do not spam with your not so smart and funny comments.
2020-1-12
Use props
fans66835c50
lvl.1
Chile

Is there a way to see if mavic mini is recording or not (without mobile phone). I want to check if this start/stop recording is initiated by the app or by the RC. In mavic pro there were front blinking lights that were indicating that it's recording, is there a way to check this in mavic mini?
2020-1-12
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Have you tried re-formatting the SD card in a PC, there is sometimes an issue with old log files causing a problem
2020-1-12
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
Poland

Not sure how long you have had MM, but with different problems, I would suggest returning it for a refund or replacement.
2020-1-12
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

lannes Posted at 1-12 15:25
Have you tried re-formatting the SD card in a PC, there is sometimes an issue with old log files causing a problem

Formatting the card in a PC does not solve anything, and any sort of formatting gets rid of old files, log files or otherwise. The best place to format the card is in the aircraft, because it knows the format required.
2020-1-12
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

fans66835c50 Posted at 1-12 14:58
Is there a way to see if mavic mini is recording or not (without mobile phone). I want to check if this start/stop recording is initiated by the app or by the RC. In mavic pro there were front blinking lights that were indicating that it's recording, is there a way to check this in mavic mini?

Yes. look at the files on the SD card in the aircraft.
2020-1-12
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
Poland

"The app couldn't download the 40MB firmware because of poor internet so I couldn't fly "

Reason some of us keep our SmartDevice (phone, tablet, CrystalSky) used for flying in Airplane mode (disabled Cellular, disabled WiFi, & disabled Bluetooth).
Only allowing our SmartDevice to connect to Internet when doing an intentional update of drone, RC, batteries, & Smartdevice fly App.

For what it is worth, others have gotten burned on update at time of flight, even though they updated day before.

2020-1-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

fans66835c50 Posted at 1-12 09:35

I’m not really sure of the purpose of posting the link to a video that explains nothing and doesn’t really tie in what your trying to say in your opening post, show us the app changing from sport to C to P mode, show us video recording cutting out evert 2/10 seconds.

Or a least explain what the video is about.
2020-1-12
Use props
fans66835c50
lvl.1
Chile

hallmark007 Posted at 1-12 16:09
I’m not really sure of the purpose of posting the link to a video that explains nothing and doesn’t really tie in what your trying to say in your opening post, show us the app changing from sport to C to P mode, show us video recording cutting out evert 2/10 seconds.

Or a least explain what the video is about.

It's hard to record video of the phone with the same phone ;) will try to do that soon, now is a good weather in patagonia and don't won't to waste it with debugging stuff :/ what the videois about is that it makes "brake" often and the diode flashes with fast green. This brake doesn't make sense and disallows to move for few seconds. Sometimes is like this for 15 seconds and doesn't allow to move while rotation is still possible.

For those who suggest returning it, it's not possible because as I said I bought it in Punta Arenas and going north on motorbike to Alaska. Its not worth going back to... I can just throw away this crap and buy a new one but as I see I have no guarantee that the next one will work... Thats why I want to try to fix it on next ...ty day...
2020-1-12
Use props
fans66835c50
lvl.1
Chile

So maybe I'll start with this question. Is the behaviour of the drone, as shown on the video, correct? I mean is it normal that it makes this stop and do not allow to move for few seconds (as you can see I try to move it left/right but it does not respond). It's not a connection  problem because rotation always works. This test is without phone just to be sure that it's not a case with incompatible android phone.
2020-1-12
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
Poland

fans66835c50 Posted at 1-12 19:06
So maybe I'll start with this question. Is the behaviour of the drone, as shown on the video, correct? I mean is it normal that it makes this stop and do not allow to move for few seconds (as you can see I try to move it left/right but it does not respond). It's not a connection  problem because rotation always works. This test is without phone just to be sure that it's not a case with incompatible android phone.

Watching video, what you appear to be demonstrating is most of time left/right movement command fails.  Whether left/right movement command is brief or held for a couple seconds.   Which could be an issue with R.C. right joystick left and right movement.  Or droning failing to respond.  

Looks like you are flying in Mode-1, where Right joystick commands upward/downward movement too.
(See Controlling the Aircraft in MM user manual).

You might try switching to Mode-3, to where Left joystick commands left/right movement.
If same failure to respond occurs with Left joystick, then problem would be with Mavic Mini.  
If Mavic Mini now responds properly to Left/Right commands using Left joystick, then problem is with the R.C.'s Right joystick.

Not sure if MM getting set to CineSmooth mode would look like what you were showing in video, but you might check.  By ensuring drone is set to Position mode, before testing of Left/Right movement.          
2020-1-12
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

fans66835c50 Posted at 1-12 10:34

sure, but 10% of it is a good stuff and 90% is a crap. I had mavic pro and it was on the good side...

I understand you frustration, I made a huge effort to buy my mini.
The updates are not done automatically and you must have the controller connected and drone connected to app, again disable wifi by turning your phone in airplane mode before you turn the app on.

I agree with some, China is not the problem, is the society we live in.
This Christmas I wanted to buy an OSMO 3 or OSMO pocket, but they have batteries hard wired, I like to use a product for many years, and have spare batteries when Im on the field... however many users here told me, you buy one and in a couple of years when battery is dead, you buy whatever new product they released...

I hate that mind set, so guess what no OSMO for me. Got another gimbal brand to use with smartphone, small cameras and my old and trusty GoPro 4 black... Happy times.
2020-1-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

InspektorGadjet Posted at 1-13 02:35
I understand you frustration, I made a huge effort to buy my mini.
The updates are not done automatically and you must have the controller connected and drone connected to app, again disable wifi by turning your phone in airplane mode before you turn the app on.

I wouldn’t dismiss the Osmo pocket , it’s a great camera and has few problems if any .
2020-1-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fans66835c50 Posted at 1-12 18:26
It's hard to record video of the phone with the same phone ;) will try to do that soon, now is a good weather in patagonia and don't won't to waste it with debugging stuff :/ what the videois about is that it makes "brake" often and the diode flashes with fast green. This brake doesn't make sense and disallows to move for few seconds. Sometimes is like this for 15 seconds and doesn't allow to move while rotation is still possible.

For those who suggest returning it, it's not possible because as I said I bought it in Punta Arenas and going north on motorbike to Alaska. Its not worth going back to... I can just throw away this crap and buy a new one but as I see I have no guarantee that the next one will work... Thats why I want to try to fix it on next ...ty day...

From what you showed on video can hopefully be sorted by simple RC calibration .
2020-1-13
Use props
fans66835c50
lvl.1
Chile

hallmark007 Posted at 1-13 02:42
From what you showed on video can hopefully be sorted by simple RC calibration .

It cannot, I did the RC calibration few times. I also tried different modes when left joystick is responsible for that left/right movement and the same happens. It's not that the joystick sends wrong data, it's the drone which not respond for left/right movement when it do the "stop", it only occures when the dron led flashes fast green which means for some reason drone decided to stop. But it decides to stop very often randomly without any wind etc. I suspect some issue with the down facing sensors but I guess there's no way to turn them off to verify that. Other option is that the communication was lost for a microsecond but this would not explain why I can always do the rotation and not the movement.
2020-1-13
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

fans66835c50 Posted at 1-13 02:59
It cannot, I did the RC calibration few times. I also tried different modes when left joystick is responsible for that left/right movement and the same happens. It's not that the joystick sends wrong data, it's the drone which not respond for left/right movement when it do the "stop", it only occures when the dron led flashes fast green which means for some reason drone decided to stop. But it decides to stop very often randomly without any wind etc. I suspect some issue with the down facing sensors but I guess there's no way to turn them off to verify that. Other option is that the communication was lost for a microsecond but this would not explain why I can always do the rotation and not the movement.

Is not really recommended, but you can bypass the down vision sensors with some electric tape or painters tape, again this may lead to a crasy if you go in Atti mode.
2020-1-13
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

hallmark007 Posted at 1-13 02:40
I wouldn’t dismiss the Osmo pocket , it’s a great camera and has few problems if any .

Don´t take me wrong... I love the idea of the Osmo pocket, love the quality, size and overal options.

The thing is I record mainly with DSLR and my GoPro is being the perfect choice for BROLL, the only issue is stabilization, the Gimbal I bought can carry up to 800grams, allowing me to use DSLR, mirrorless cameras, Smartphones and a GoPro or Two to make stereoscopic videos... all in all I like the options.

I didn´t want to run useless the GoPro since it has awesome audio, 4K video, Protune etc. very up to my standards in general, and I have all sort of accessories, 6 batteries, etc.

I also like to do time lapses a lot and the Osmo would need to be using external batteries packs, not a huge problem, but less appropiate.

Since the format of the Osmo pocket has been a success Im hoping for more, maybe Osmo pocket 3 or just a less "pocket" one but with interchangeable batteries.
2020-1-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

InspektorGadjet Posted at 1-13 03:27
Don´t take me wrong... I love the idea of the Osmo pocket, love the quality, size and overal options.

The thing is I record mainly with DSLR and my GoPro is being the perfect choice for BROLL, the only issue is stabilization, the Gimbal I bought can carry up to 800grams, allowing me to use DSLR, mirrorless cameras, Smartphones and a GoPro or Two to make stereoscopic videos... all in all I like the options.

Just from my experience since I got OP, I was using Fuji xt3 which has amazing footage but bad stability and OP came out I was deciding to but RoninS but OP at half the price I decided I’d try it and since I got it I’ve never used the XT3 for video although better quality and more lens options, for what I was doing it was probably overkill .

I think sometime maybe this year we will see an OP2 so that might be worth waiting or it will drive down the price of OP1, so might be worth hanging on for that .
2020-1-13
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

hallmark007 Posted at 1-13 03:36
Just from my experience since I got OP, I was using Fuji xt3 which has amazing footage but bad stability and OP came out I was deciding to but RoninS but OP at half the price I decided I’d try it and since I got it I’ve never used the XT3 for video although better quality and more lens options, for what I was doing it was probably overkill .

I think sometime maybe this year we will see an OP2 so that might be worth waiting or it will drive down the price of OP1, so might be worth hanging on for that .

Those are my thought Hallmark, let see what 2020 brings, the OP like you say is probably Ok for 90% of my situations too, and using a DSLR with lenses overkill and time consuming.

Feel a bit bad that I didnt pull the plug when the OP was a 279eu, so yes waiting for an OP2 to see changes, maybe 1inch sensor and batteries, or like you say just a drop in OP1
2020-1-13
Use props
urbanweb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33963 ft
United Kingdom

I’ve had zero problems.

Why wouldn’t you test, before taking?  I think your frustration should be redirected at your own preparation.
2020-1-13
Use props
fans66835c50
lvl.1
Chile

urbanweb Posted at 1-13 05:12
Why wouldn’t you test, before taking?  I think your frustration should be redirected at your own preparation.

I've tested in that sense I've checked if it's flying and if it records. I did not test it just after I bought it because I wanted to purchase DJI care refresh and you have only 24 or 48 hours after activation. If I would bought it at home in Europe I would just test after the purchase and return. The problem is here in Chile where it's hard to buy it on south (but not as hard as in Argentina )
But please don't try to convince me, that it's my fault, that I bought a drone, that is broken What I mean buy "chinese" is nothing to do with "made in china", it's more about "designed in china". In recent years brands like Xiaomi, DJI etc changes the picture, but still, if I buy a product and it does not work straight out of the box it's my "china" meaning. If I have to buy and return and wait until they'll send me a working unit, that's "china". When the software is buggy/...ty and requires 10 certain phones, otherwise it does not work, it's "china".

I have a insta360 camera and huaweii phone (both chinese), guess what, insta360 interface is over wifi and while every device I own see the network while my huaweii phone does not see it and I cannot connect it. That's "china", bad user experience out of the box. I work in IT, I had some integration with Chinese bank in Shanghai with their HSM. I've seen two things, their HSM was a clone of Thales HSM, same interface copied from very old version of Thales. Second, the people there pretend to work 12 hours a day, they don't do much, they just waste they life and sit in the office being extremely inefficient and producing crappy software... that's china
2020-1-13
Use props
cK-mini
lvl.3
Indonesia

fans66835c50 Posted at 1-13 05:31
I've tested in that sense I've checked if it's flying and if it records. I did not test it just after I bought it because I wanted to purchase DJI care refresh and you have only 24 or 48 hours after activation. If I would bought it at home in Europe I would just test after the purchase and return. The problem is here in Chile where it's hard to buy it on south (but not as hard as in Argentina  )
But please don't try to convince me, that it's my fault, that I bought a drone, that is broken  What I mean buy "chinese" is nothing to do with "made in china", it's more about "designed in china". In recent years brands like Xiaomi, DJI etc changes the picture, but still, if I buy a product and it does not work straight out of the box it's my "china" meaning. If I have to buy and return and wait until they'll send me a working unit, that's "china". When the software is buggy/...ty and requires 10 certain phones, otherwise it does not work, it's "china".

omg i read too many words.. try another drone.. maybe u love it more.. and fyi china greater than ur country now.. maybe for another 500 years.. this kiddo tryin to be a ...ty racist bastard..
2020-1-13
Use props
fans66835c50
lvl.1
Chile

cK-mini Posted at 1-13 06:47
omg i read too many words.. try another drone.. maybe u love it more.. and fyi china greater than ur country now.. maybe for another 500 years.. this kiddo tryin to be a ...ty racist bastard..

I guess you're Chinese and your feeling were hurt guess what, it's not my opinion, it's my experience with "designed in china" products. I'm not against them, I just hope one day they will be user friendly
2020-1-13
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans66835c50 Posted at 1-13 07:24
I guess you're Chinese and your feeling were hurt  guess what, it's not my opinion, it's my experience with "designed in china" products. I'm not against them, I just hope one day they will be user friendly

I'm not from China. I have a mavic mini and it works as advertised and I'm sure I'm not the only one. If it were me, I would contact where you bought that one to arrange an exchange.
2020-1-13
Use props
1Eagle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 290348 ft
United States

fans66835c50 Posted at 1-12 11:37
Guys, I'm not interested in your opinion. I bought a product made by DJI, it does not work, I'm asking the manufacturer why it does not work depite the official app says everything is OK. I would return it but guess what, I've already moved from Punta Arenas and now I'm in Puerto Rio Tranquilo, should I do thousands of kms besause Chinese company DJI sells products that were not tested if they work?

"Guys, I'm not interested in your opinion. I bought a product made by DJI, it does not work, I'm asking the manufacturer why it does not work depite the official app says everything is OK."

This is a user forum where you will find advice and opinions of other drone users. DJI doesn't pay much attention to this site and as you can tell by the one response you got from DJI Stephen, their responses are boiler plate, cut and paste, robot responses that usually advise you to try something you have already said you have done. Or they will send your request to the appropriate department. Or some other blah, blah, blah. So, if you don't want our opinions or advice and you really want to talk to DJI about their products, I suggest you contact their support people.

2020-1-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fans66835c50 Posted at 1-13 05:31
I've tested in that sense I've checked if it's flying and if it records. I did not test it just after I bought it because I wanted to purchase DJI care refresh and you have only 24 or 48 hours after activation. If I would bought it at home in Europe I would just test after the purchase and return. The problem is here in Chile where it's hard to buy it on south (but not as hard as in Argentina  )
But please don't try to convince me, that it's my fault, that I bought a drone, that is broken  What I mean buy "chinese" is nothing to do with "made in china", it's more about "designed in china". In recent years brands like Xiaomi, DJI etc changes the picture, but still, if I buy a product and it does not work straight out of the box it's my "china" meaning. If I have to buy and return and wait until they'll send me a working unit, that's "china". When the software is buggy/...ty and requires 10 certain phones, otherwise it does not work, it's "china".

I’m certain there is plenty of sh#t made in Chile as there is in Ireland the US and all around the world, many have come to try help, but seem you want to rant , you cannot change it you don’t really want help, you would rather throw it in the bin.

Cmon get with the program here, dji are the largest consumer drone manufacturers in the world by a mile, they didn’t just fall into this, it’s because they make better drones than anyone else and they have better tech and design to offer than other companies.

If your serious and you have all these problems and your looking for help, I suggest you post videos of what is wrong, not a ridiculous one handed video that showed nothing except you looked like a fool . The fact you say you work in IT and cannot post this info then maybe you have your own problems.

Post screen recording show us RC cutting out , post log if you can , and if your not going to, I suggest you contact dji customer service and see if you get more help there.

Really reading your posts, it sounds like you bought the wrong drone and you think China is the cause of all your problems.
2020-1-13
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules